Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Quick Question: Read X-Wing: Mercy Kill or Starfighters of Adumar first?  (Read 1534 times)

September 22, 2016, 02:56:03 PM

Offline turtle225

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Hello again. Just finished Isard's Revenge and about to continue my journey with the series.

I noticed however, that Mercy Kill takes place last in terms of chronology even though it was written before Starfighters.

So should I read Starfighters first for chronology, should I read Mercy first to follow the order the books were written in, or does it really not matter at all?

Thanks.

Edit: Disregard I had it mixed up. Starfighers was both written first and happens first chronologically. Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:17:53 PM by turtle225 »

September 22, 2016, 04:15:55 PMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question: Read X-Wing: Mercy Kill or Starfighters of Adumar first?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 04:15:55 PM »
I think you've got that the wrong way around - Starfighters of Adumar was released in 1999, Mercy Kill was released in 2012!  I've not read Mercy Kill yet myself, but from Wookieepedia I gather it's set in 44 ABY (30 years after Starfighters of Adumar) but with flashbacks to the intervening years.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

September 22, 2016, 06:14:57 PMReply #2

Offline turtle225

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question: Read X-Wing: Mercy Kill or Starfighters of Adumar first?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »
I think you've got that the wrong way around - Starfighters of Adumar was released in 1999, Mercy Kill was released in 2012!  I've not read Mercy Kill yet myself, but from Wookieepedia I gather it's set in 44 ABY (30 years after Starfighters of Adumar) but with flashbacks to the intervening years.

Wow you are totally right and I'm a clown. Guess that makes it easy. Thanks.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!