Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Heroes: ideas and changes.  (Read 28422 times)

October 09, 2016, 09:58:25 PMReply #60

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes: ideas and changes.
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2016, 09:58:25 PM »
But back to my first part of the question, would it be possible for New Republic Heroes that used Imperial Ships to spawn New Republic Fighters? Because I think Wedge would sooner scrap Imperial Tie Fighters then use them. He would have them replace with X-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, E-Wings and K-Wings, even if it means replacing the entire hanger bay to use them. And quite frankly so would hero units as well once they defected because I wouldn't fly in a Tie Fighter unless you pay me a lot of money and have a large set of life insurance that goes to my next of kin and when I eventually get shot down by a New Republic Fighter.

"Captured" ships will be using more faction-appropriate ships. We put a decent amount of work into changing around how the coding works for a lot of the units which should make it both easier to set up properly, and so that fewer things slip through the cracks.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 10, 2016, 06:34:56 PMReply #61

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2016, 06:34:56 PM »
Hey Corey I have a question. What do you think of my idea of the Annihilator SSD Given To the IR when Stage Pestage in era 1? In my opinion I would like a reason to keep Stage Peastage alive, or saving Coursant. Plus With Zsinj, and PA starting with SSds and Eradiu being able to build 1 this would help counter them.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 10, 2016, 07:37:45 PMReply #62

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2016, 07:37:45 PM »
Hey Corey I have a question. What do you think of my idea of the Annihilator SSD Given To the IR when Stage Pestage in era 1? In my opinion I would like a reason to keep Stage Peastage alive, or saving Coursant. Plus With Zsinj, and PA starting with SSds and Eradiu being able to build 1 this would help counter them.

The IR in era one can already build 3 SSDs. One of which is named Annihilator...so technically it's already in.
Also as far as Eriadu and Zsinj...Zsinj had to STEAL another SSD, he couldn't afford to build one(nor had he the yards to) and the Eriadu Authority built ONE SSD over the course of several years so that doesn't seem practical.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 10, 2016, 07:40:36 PMReply #63

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2016, 07:40:36 PM »
Annihilator had been annihilated before the mod starts.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 10, 2016, 09:37:58 PMReply #64

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2016, 09:37:58 PM »

Also yes
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 10, 2016, 10:22:46 PMReply #65

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2016, 10:22:46 PM »
ummmm... no it was Annihilated at the battle of kuat when rebel and Zann attack it.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_for_the_Eclipse
it was destroyed after the rebels order a retreat and the super lazer jammed.
The date Says 4ABY and you said Endor Aftermath takes place right after the battle of Endor.
I don't care if it doesn't happen I just want a reason for the Empire to keep Stage Pesatge Around. TO be honest I need to know what are the benefits of Stage pesatge over Isard.

Ps Good Puns Corey keep it up. :)
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 11, 2016, 06:22:26 AMReply #66

Offline Revan0123

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • 50% Pentastar. 50% Alignment. 100% Badass!
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2016, 06:22:26 AM »
ummmm... no it was Annihilated at the battle of kuat when rebel and Zann attack it.
The date Says 4ABY and you said Endor Aftermath takes place right after the battle of Endor.
I don't care if it doesn't happen I just want a reason for the Empire to keep Stage Pesatge Around. TO be honest I need to know what are the benefits of Stage pesatge over Isard.

Ps Good Puns Corey keep it up. :)

I was gonna say the video games don't count but then realised that Jerec's in the mod so...

October 11, 2016, 07:23:49 AMReply #67

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2016, 07:23:49 AM »
I was gonna say the video games don't count but then realised that Jerec's in the mod so...
I mean I am not trying to bring in a SSD, but I am more concern about why the we ( the empire) should keep Stage Pestage Alive. He needs to have his own advantages.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 11, 2016, 12:38:09 PMReply #68

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2016, 12:38:09 PM »
The Battle for the Eclipse takes place after the Battle of Endor, true, but that's still before the mod. Because Endor Aftermath starts with the Empire fragmented and the Warlord territories already established it has to take place a few months after Endor, probably just after the Nagai-Tof war (which we don't cover).
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

October 11, 2016, 04:00:13 PMReply #69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2016, 04:00:13 PM »
I mean I am not trying to bring in a SSD, but I am more concern about why the we ( the empire) should keep Stage Pestage Alive. He needs to have his own advantages.
I honestly just want a reason to stay Stage Pestage as imperial Ruler.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 11, 2016, 06:02:09 PMReply #70

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2016, 06:02:09 PM »
I honestly just want a reason to stay Stage Pestage as imperial Ruler.

Isn't "I want him as the leader" enough?  If you have to justify it through him having access to cool things, then it's not really saying much for how much you like him...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 11, 2016, 06:47:18 PMReply #71

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2016, 06:47:18 PM »
Isn't "I want him as the leader" enough?  If you have to justify it through him having access to cool things, then it's not really saying much for how much you like him...
I mean what heroes  will he would of have.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 11, 2016, 08:56:29 PMReply #72

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2016, 08:56:29 PM »
There may be a few differences, but Pestage/Isard isn't treated quite the same way other "era" changes are, in that it's more about the plot point. We may decide we want the Isard switch to happen, whether through the loss of Coruscant or paying to dig up Lusankya. If we do that we'll either make it impossible for Pestage to be sacrificed, or make it so the loss of Coruscant/extraction of Lusankya is what prompts it as opposed to Pestage's death.

October 11, 2016, 09:29:39 PMReply #73

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2016, 09:29:39 PM »
There may be a few differences, but Pestage/Isard isn't treated quite the same way other "era" changes are, in that it's more about the plot point. We may decide we want the Isard switch to happen, whether through the loss of Coruscant or paying to dig up Lusankya. If we do that we'll either make it impossible for Pestage to be sacrificed, or make it so the loss of Coruscant/extraction of Lusankya is what prompts it as opposed to Pestage's death.
But What I mean is what is the hero difference from Pestage to Isard?
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 12, 2016, 01:18:29 PMReply #74

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »
Tidied up some of the really OT stuff.

In terms of the difference going from Pestage to Isard I don't think it's fully decided yet. As Corey said some of it will depend on how we implement the transfer of power in this specific non-era instance.  I would imagine there may be a few changes e.g. loss of Ruling Council members like Tigellinus and the spawning of say Erisi Dlarit.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

October 12, 2016, 07:10:48 PMReply #75

Offline Ordo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2016, 07:10:48 PM »
Given the lack of possible heroes for Zero Command, Ilthmar's First should be considered. It was an Imperial battlecruiser (Essential Warfare puts it between 2000 and 5000 meters so it could be either Allegiance or Praetor) that survived Battle of Endor and was taken by Harrsk into Deep Core after the retreat to Annaj. Thoughts?

October 12, 2016, 08:33:45 PMReply #76

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2016, 08:33:45 PM »
Given the lack of possible heroes for Zero Command, Ilthmar's First should be considered. It was an Imperial battlecruiser (Essential Warfare puts it between 2000 and 5000 meters so it could be either Allegiance or Praetor) that survived Battle of Endor and was taken by Harrsk into Deep Core after the retreat to Annaj. Thoughts?
Sadly Ordo we will not be seeing Zero Command in the game
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 12, 2016, 08:58:55 PMReply #77

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2016, 08:58:55 PM »

well, not really sadly IMO. 
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 12, 2016, 09:18:47 PMReply #78

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2016, 09:18:47 PM »
I agree I like to know if their were More Battlecruisers the Empire Built but I do think that your 100% right about Zero Command. Just have then in Other Faction and just say yeah their in the mod. But I question Ordo Did the Name Ordo Warrior mean anything to you.?
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 12, 2016, 09:35:32 PMReply #79

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »

Again, Zero Command will be represented.  They will just not be standalone, nor playable. Harrsk and his forces will still be there.

We won't be trying to turn Ilthmar's Fist into a hero (lacking heroes for ZC isn't a huge concern since they're not playable), so we will likely just put an Allegiance in the starting forces for it.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!