Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes - Warlord Zsinj  (Read 12234 times)

September 15, 2016, 05:37:13 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
We Could Be Heroes - Warlord Zsinj
« on: September 15, 2016, 05:37:13 PM »
A couple of weeks ago we did a news post about the expanded hero roster of the Pentastar Alignment, and we intend to do this for each of the remaining Warlord factions (the other factions aren't changing). Now it is Warlord Zsinj's turn.

Deciding on heroes for Imperials, especially the Warlords, can be a bit more complicated than other factions; because of how the EU developed, you'd often have stories about the New Republic fighting some random group or individual, without really saying which Imperial group they belonged to. A lot of in-universe development of the Warlords only came later in the EU's development with source books like the Essential Guide to Warfare and the Despoilers of an Empire series, which sorted out some of the mess. Obviously, when a person is explicitly mentioned as being part of a faction, those are the easy ones. Some of the other heroes within Zsinj's Empire, Eriadu and Maldrood come from extrapolating based on where they were located and who else they worked with, and in some cases, what might have happened had certain events turned out differently, usually giving them a few more options as they expand (this being less common at the moment, but hopefully something we can expand on in the future). As we explain the heroes for each group, we'll also include the rationale for including them where it's less obvious. The icons also don't translate from tga to png as well as they could, so in general the icons do look a bit better ingame than in the news posts.

Warlord Zsinj - Space: Executor-class Star Destroyer, Iron Fist
Zsinj's initial rise to prominence came when he hunted down and killed his mother, Admiral Maarisa Zsinj, after she refused to hand over command of her ship. Affter the Battle of Yavin, Zsinj was granted both the rank of Admiral and command of an Executor class, Brawl, which he rechristened Iron Fist. He would soon become the High Admiral of Crimson Command, and Grand Moff of the Queli Oversector based on Taris, which he incorporated as a key portion of his territory after Endor. His actual position as "Warlord" within the Empire under Palpatine was used to legitimize his command after Palpatine's death, while he still swore loyalty to the Empire, thereby popularizing its use by other pretenders.

General Melvar - Ground: A6 Juggernaut
Fanatically loyal to Emperor Palpatine, and with an obsessive love for the Empire, General Melvar became Warlord Zsinj’s top General after the Battle of Endor, spearheading many intelligence operations for his new commander. Reputed to be extremely sadistic, Melvar had his fingernails replaced with cuticle implants to provide him with an immediate torture device.

Captain Raslan - Space: Executor-class Star Destroyer, Razor's Kiss - Recruit from Kuat
Raslan was a highly intelligent and competent officer loyal to Warlord Zsinj. During the attempt to capture the still-under-construction Executor-class Razor's Kiss at Kuat, Raslan led a team on a Lambda shuttle to hijack the vessel.

Note: This mission did fail in the EU, however part of the point of the Warlords is to give the players the opportunity to succeed where these Warlords failed in canon.

Gethzerion - Ground - Recruit from Dathomir
Gethzerion was the ruthless founder and leader of the Dathomiri Nightsisters. When the Millenium Falcon crashed on Dathomir, Gethzerion cooperated with Zsinj to capture Han and Leia. When confronted by Luke Skywalker and her niece Tenneial Djo, she fled the planet and her shuttle was destroyed on orders from Warlord Zsinj.

Terrinald Screed -  Space: Gladiator-class Star Destroyer, Demolisher - Recruit from Carida
A hero of the Clone Wars and commander of the first Victory Fleet in the Galactic Republic. After the death of Palpatine, Screed carved out his own Warlord kingdom and allied himself with former rival Warlord Zsinj, who ultimately had him executed

Admiral Apwar Trigit - Space: Imperial-class Star Destroyer, Implacable
Formerly an Imperial officer, the self-styled Admiral Trigit would leave the Empire’s service after the apparent death of Ysanne Isard. Independent but lacking the resources to carve his own empire, Trigit hired his ship out to Zsinj and placed himself under the Warlord’s command.

Captain Zurel Darillian - Space: Modified CR90-class Corvette, Night Caller
The Night Caller is a heavily modified CR90 Corvette. Its commander, Zurel Darillian, is a meticulous former intelligence officer who was exiled from his home planet, Coruscant, after it was lost to the New Republic. Darillian is primarily responsible for taking diplomatic actions on behalf of Zsinj towards those Zsinj wished to recruit for his Empire.

Tetran Cowall - Space: False 181st Squadron
Tetran Cowall was a former holodrama star who joined Zsinj in order to impersonate Baron Soontir Fel when he was unable to find other work. His rival, Garik "Face" Loran of Rogue Squadron, a former actor himself, said he was a man of "no perceivable acting skills" although he was able to convince Rogue Squadron he was the true commander of the 181st.

Teubbo the Hutt, Economist-  Galactic
Little is known about Teubbo, other than that Teubbo was a Hutt employed as an economist by Warlord Zsinj.

Inquisitor Lanu Pasiq - Ground
When Darth Vader was hunting down the remaining jedi after Order 66, Lanu Pasiq was among the first of a new group of dark jedi called the Inquisitors being trained to assist him. In this capacity she worked closely with Antinnis Tremayne and Imperial Intelligence Director Armand Isard, father of Ysanne Isard. After Endor, she allied herself with Warlord Zsinj.

Rear Admiral Llon Banjeer - Space: Quasar-class Carrier
In the early days after the Battle of Endor, Admmiral Llon Banjeer was an ally of Warlord Zsinj and used his bulk cruisers to attack the New Republic shipyards at Hast. After the fall of Zsinj's Empire and the final death of Emperor Palpatine, Banjeer was part of the Interim Ruling Council and a backer of Carnor Jax. In space he commands a Quasar.

Admiral Angela Krin - Space: Lucrehulk-class Battleship, Resolute - Recruit from Etti IV
Angela Krin gained prominence as the Corporate Sector officer in charge of enforcing the Endregraad quarantine in 119 ABY. She was also responsible for thwarting the plans of Hutt groups.

Note: Krin was never directly affiliated with Zsinj, and was instead a member of the CSA navy. Since Zsinj controls the CSA, we've extrapolated to using her a s a recruitable hero for Zsinj. Resolute may be switched to her initial Invincible-class version if we decide to use that ship class.

There may be a few changes before release, but that's the gist of what you'll be dealing with. We'll have the Eriadu and Maldrood faction profiles and hero rosters soon as well. If you want to see more of what's in store for Zsinj, I'm currently doing a playthrough of the Hunt for Zsinj GC as Warlord Zsinj on my personal channel with an early build, which I'll also be doing with the other factions as we go. You can watch it by clicking here.

If you have any suggestions, critiques or anything else you want to discuss for the mod, head over to our forums at www.thrawnsrevenge.com/forums.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 07:30:15 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 15, 2016, 05:44:57 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: We Could Be Heroes - Warlord Zsinj
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »
Looks good, great to see another faction getting a full suite of hero's.  Can't wait to see the other wardlords!!
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

September 15, 2016, 05:48:11 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 05:48:11 PM »
Yeah, they're being fleshed out about as well as we could have hoped. Right now, Eriadu probably has the most with Zsinj and the PA right behind. Maldrood's a bit trickier.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 15, 2016, 05:52:49 PMReply #3

Offline Darth Red

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 05:52:49 PM »
Looks really great!

September 15, 2016, 06:02:42 PMReply #4

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 06:02:42 PM »
LOL I almost panicked when I saw a second executor but thanks for making it recruit able so no AI dropping two ssds on my pretty Maldrood.
#MakeMaldroodGreatAgain
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

September 15, 2016, 06:31:34 PMReply #5

Offline Avarice1987

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 06:31:34 PM »
Really Nice News.

Did you add a Second Tactical Mission ( The Only in the Mod is Katana Fleet Mission ) to capture the Razor Kiss?

What is the Time Zone of this Server? I Live in Germany and now it's 12:31 AM Is this a East Coast Server?

September 15, 2016, 06:48:55 PMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 06:48:55 PM »
Did you add a Second Tactical Mission ( The Only in the Mod is Katana Fleet Mission ) to capture the Razor Kiss?

No, those need story scripts, and these factions can't even use those to begin with.

What is the Time Zone of this Server? I Live in Germany and now it's 12:31 AM Is this a East Coast Server?

I believe the site's based on Central time, maybe Eastern. Not sure, but you can set your time zone in your profile.

September 15, 2016, 07:23:46 PMReply #7

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 07:23:46 PM »
Corey I understand how Teubbo the Hutt is someone's Eu joke :)
And I have two questions. How is progress on Maldrood and Eraidu?
And you said once in the warlord Zsinj stream that Ascendancy and ICW are both not going to be release this year.
So since that is a problem which will be release this year or first? Thanks for your work Corey you bring smiles to all our faces.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:31:37 PM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

September 16, 2016, 06:55:07 AMReply #8

Offline Labria

• Brevet Admiral
  • I have good feeling about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 06:55:07 AM »
Looks Great! Two Executors's heroes for Zsinj. Kuat must fall. ;D

Have you thought about adding more abilities for space heroes? Maybe one Executor's hero can have ability "Power to Shields", next hero can have "Concentrate Firepower" etc. If I know many heroes have no abilities at all in 2.1.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:57:21 AM by Labria »

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
Yoda

September 16, 2016, 01:50:11 PMReply #9

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 01:50:11 PM »
Very nice. An excellent hero roster if I say so myself. I also like the addition of a buildable Razor's Kiss.

Have you thought about adding more abilities for space heroes? Maybe one Executor's hero can have ability "Power to Shields", next hero can have "Concentrate Firepower" etc. If I know many heroes have no abilities at all in 2.1.

While I agree that some more abilities would be pretty nice, Executors are really powerful enough without abilities, so I feel they are one ship that doesn't really need them.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 16, 2016, 01:58:36 PMReply #10

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 01:58:36 PM »
The problem with abilities in EaW is you're basically limited to the one and a half that are in the game. Heroes already give considerable combat bonuses, but beyond that there's not much EaW allows for.

September 16, 2016, 03:25:07 PMReply #11

Offline Labria

• Brevet Admiral
  • I have good feeling about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 03:25:07 PM »
The problem with abilities in EaW is you're basically limited to the one and a half that are in the game. Heroes already give considerable combat bonuses, but beyond that there's not much EaW allows for.
Ok, I understand. Where can I see these combat bonuses for heroes in game? If I am know, they are described only in the manual.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
Yoda

September 16, 2016, 03:27:34 PMReply #12

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 03:27:34 PM »
I think having New Heros for Zsinj is good for his Faction. Now on to Eradu Authority. :laugh:
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

September 16, 2016, 06:13:25 PMReply #13

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 06:13:25 PM »
Ok, I understand. Where can I see these combat bonuses for heroes in game? If I am know, they are described only in the manual.

Yeah the manual is where these bonuses are logged.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 16, 2016, 06:28:11 PMReply #14

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 06:28:11 PM »
Would like to document that kind of thing better ingame, but it's lower priority.

Corey I understand how Teubbo the Hutt is someone's Eu joke :)
And I have two questions. How is progress on Maldrood and Eraidu?
And you said once in the warlord Zsinj stream that Ascendancy and ICW are both not going to be release this year.
So since that is a problem which will be release this year or first? Thanks for your work Corey you bring smiles to all our faces.

We have absolutely 0 information on release dates.

September 16, 2016, 08:06:13 PMReply #15

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 08:06:13 PM »
Would like to document that kind of thing better ingame, but it's lower priority.

We have absolutely 0 information on release dates.
ohhh I was not asking for a release date I asking which will mostly like finish first between ICW and Ascendancy. Sorry if it sound like I was asking for a release date.

#Teubbo the Hutt= Joke #MakeMaldroodGreatAgain
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

September 17, 2016, 10:38:48 AMReply #16

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 10:38:48 AM »
Looks like a nice and surprisingly large number of heroes!

Will Zsinj still have buildable Executors, or does Razor's Kiss change that?

September 17, 2016, 02:02:49 PMReply #17

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 02:02:49 PM »
He will still be able to build them.

September 17, 2016, 02:25:15 PMReply #18

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 02:25:15 PM »
Will Inquisitor Lanu be getting her own model or a reused one? I also noticed gethzerion's icon is different now and wondered if her appearance in game would reflect that.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 21, 2016, 09:23:37 PMReply #19

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 09:23:37 PM »
Nice roster.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!