Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Random 3rd party in fights in Ground up mode.  (Read 1402 times)

September 09, 2016, 06:31:55 PM

Offline GrititheOdd

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Random 3rd party in fights in Ground up mode.
« on: September 09, 2016, 06:31:55 PM »
Hi, I am fairly new to the mod, only just downloaded it for the first time yesterday. While in the ground up mode, In space battles I am frequently seeing a random imperial fleet of 3 imp star dueces, a modular cruiser and some other support ships randomly fly in and start attacking everybody on the map. They usually start with me as they most often hyper in behind me but they attack my opponent as well. Is this a difficulty measure designed in game? a bug? I havn't seen anything mentioned in the PDF that came with the download so I am just confused to what is going on. It was not a third faction's fleet coming in at the same time as  the only access to the planet was surrounded by planets I controlled, with fleet in orbit around them. Any info to clear this up would be great.

September 09, 2016, 06:41:59 PMReply #1

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
Re: Random 3rd party in fights in Ground up mode.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 06:41:59 PM »
It's a raid fleet it has no place on the galactic conquest but can randomly appear in both attacking or defending.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

September 10, 2016, 03:24:51 AMReply #2

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: Random 3rd party in fights in Ground up mode.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 03:24:51 AM »
and it is mentioned in the PDF you was talking about on page 12.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!