Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes - The Pentastar Alignment  (Read 29311 times)

September 26, 2016, 02:48:14 PMReply #40

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: We Could Be Heroes - The Pentastar Alignment
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 02:48:14 PM »
Well yes and no. He did serve with them as the chief Inquestor(granted to serve his own ends) and was extremely good at interrogating people being able to pull information from them with ease. He also did bring in a lot of Dark jedi, business partners and prestige from his status to the Alignment.

From my assessment of Jerec's character, though, after he achieved his power he would most likely accomplish what Palpatine had attempted to create: a true Dark Empire. I mean at any point in time there were more than likely InQuestors in all the major systems of the Alignment. It would not have been a challenge to perform a coup and seize control of the Alignment.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 26, 2016, 07:34:40 PMReply #41

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »
From my assessment of Jerec's character, though, after he achieved his power he would most likely accomplish what Palpatine had attempted to create: a true Dark Empire. I mean at any point in time there were more than likely InQuestors in all the major systems of the Alignment. It would not have been a challenge to perform a coup and seize control of the Alignment.

While you are spot on in Jerec's treachery penchant, you err in comparing him to Palpatine's Dark Empire. Jerec planned to rule as a literal God with the Valley's power, there would have been no need for the legions of paltry dark siders Palpatine enhanced with his power. He wouldn't need military dominance either as the Valley would essentially be an ublockable weapon he could extend galaxy wide as the Force is everywhere and with a few displays the remnants of the Empire would likely have rallied to him.

I think he would have behaved more like a deity than an Emperor in that his true desire was knowledge and the power that came with it. He likely would have attempted to become like the Celestials.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 26, 2016, 10:19:31 PMReply #42

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 10:19:31 PM »
Ok why did that one hero have a Preator 2 for and who is he anyway.

And why am I a Stormtrooper and how did I get it?.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:54:16 AM by Slornie »
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

September 27, 2016, 01:52:16 PMReply #43

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 01:52:16 PM »
And why am I a Stormtrooper and how did I get it?.

Ranking system for amount of posts.

October 01, 2016, 10:26:07 AMReply #44

Offline Revan0123

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • 50% Pentastar. 50% Alignment. 100% Badass!
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2016, 10:26:07 AM »
While you are spot on in Jerec's treachery penchant, you err in comparing him to Palpatine's Dark Empire. Jerec planned to rule as a literal God with the Valley's power, there would have been no need for the legions of paltry dark siders Palpatine enhanced with his power. He wouldn't need military dominance either as the Valley would essentially be an ublockable weapon he could extend galaxy wide as the Force is everywhere and with a few displays the remnants of the Empire would likely have rallied to him.

I think he would have behaved more like a deity than an Emperor in that his true desire was knowledge and the power that came with it. He likely would have attempted to become like the Celestials.
Damn, let's see Palpatine try to top that :P

October 01, 2016, 11:23:52 AMReply #45

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2016, 11:23:52 AM »
I notice one hero has a interdictor SD does that mean pentastar is  getting Interdictor star Destroyer.
oh yes i like to see it and them be able to build it for the Pentastar Alignment too.

Ranking system for amount of posts.
I can see it now becuese i'm an admiral now

The model created by EvilleJedi is actually a (Legends) Cannon design. It may or may not be a Praetor I. The only really concrete information is the it is in excess of 3,200 meters, and it is known under the generic name of a TaggeCo Battlecruiser.

Here is the wookiepedia entry: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tagge_battlecruiser
IT dose look like a Praetor 1 not a 2 at all so did this mean we can build Praetor 1 now too.

Merged posts. No need to double and treble post, you can edit using the Modify button in the top right corner. ~ Slornie
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:55:44 AM by Slornie »
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 01, 2016, 12:12:27 PMReply #46

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2016, 12:12:27 PM »
IT dose look like a Praetor 1 not a 2 at all so did this mean we can build Praetor 1 now too.
The only problem is that it's not a Praetor. Doesn't matter who uses it for what or what it looks like if the two aren't the same. It's like saying that the ISD I and ISD II are the same because they look the same, while they were two very different ships if we only look at the armament and components. It just happened that the ISD I's frame was the one holding these components
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

October 01, 2016, 03:54:51 PMReply #47

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »
The only problem is that it's not a Praetor. Doesn't matter who uses it for what or what it looks like if the two aren't the same. It's like saying that the ISD I and ISD II are the same because they look the same, while they were two very different ships if we only look at the armament and components. It just happened that the ISD I's frame was the one holding these components
Is it me or does PA seem like a clone wars/rise of the empire version of the empire?
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 02, 2016, 12:27:21 AMReply #48

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2016, 12:27:21 AM »
Is it me or does PA seem like a clone wars/rise of the empire version of the empire?
And now imagine that almost every week there is at least 1 post telling us that also put in this or that clone wars ship.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

October 02, 2016, 12:29:49 PMReply #49

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2016, 12:29:49 PM »
And now imagine that almost every week there is at least 1 post telling us that also put in this or that clone wars ship.

Mmhmm. Them Clone Wars fanboys are really pushy.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

October 02, 2016, 02:04:57 PMReply #50

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2016, 02:04:57 PM »
Mmhmm. Them Clone Wars fanboys are really pushy.

Some Clone wars episodes are actually pretty good Like the umbara campaign, The Force Episodes, and the bounty hunter ones (GOD I LOVE THE HEIST EPISODES)
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 02, 2016, 02:47:14 PMReply #51

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2016, 02:47:14 PM »
Some Clone wars episodes are actually pretty good Like the umbara campaign, The Force Episodes, and the bounty hunter ones (GOD I LOVE THE HEIST EPISODES)

It had it's moments to be sure- Good and Bad

October 02, 2016, 02:56:59 PMReply #52

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2016, 02:56:59 PM »
unlike rebels where the series where it took two seasons to actually take off and catch peoples attention
Clone wars by the end of season 1 most were pretty hooked
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 02, 2016, 02:58:00 PMReply #53

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »
Have to agree with both, but that is no reason to put in every single ship in that show into the mod. 20 years is 20 years people and in that time the whole galaxy changed.

October 02, 2016, 03:25:42 PMReply #54

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2016, 03:25:42 PM »

I would have said Not Quite as Bad and Worse.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

October 02, 2016, 04:07:56 PMReply #55

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2016, 04:07:56 PM »
unlike rebels where the series where it took two seasons to actually take off and catch peoples attention
Clone wars by the end of season 1 most were pretty hooked
At least the start of Rebels was better than that godawful Hutt baby thing Clone Wars had! And I got two seasons into CW without getting hooked (I've not bothered watching the rest yet) whereas so far Rebels has maintained my interest throughout.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

October 02, 2016, 04:22:18 PMReply #56

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2016, 04:22:18 PM »
At least the start of Rebels was better than that godawful Hutt baby thing Clone Wars had! And I got two seasons into CW without getting hooked (I've not bothered watching the rest yet) whereas so far Rebels has maintained my interest throughout.
but see that was the movie not the first episode.
The first episode was the Yoda and the three clones getting ambush. My favorite episode is obiwan under cover in the bounty hunter thing with the box to choose the best bounty hunters for count dooku's plan.
BTW Could Cad Bane be a Potential recruit able bounty hunter from duro for a Warlord group?
He id imply not to be dead and also worked with the empire constantly.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 02, 2016, 05:25:23 PMReply #57

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2016, 05:25:23 PM »
BTW Could Cad Bane be a Potential recruit able bounty hunter from duro for a Warlord group?
He id imply not to be dead and also worked with the empire constantly.

Why would we use Cad Bane? Even if he's never been confirmed dead or alive by this time, he'd be pretty old, and has never been relevant to anything since the early Empire. The last mention of him is that he was still active and, yes, a common contractor for the Empire at that point. That point was 19 BBY. The mod starts in 4 ABY. There are plenty of people who are actually relevant to and active within the time period or factions we're using. At the very least people who weren't probably dead or retired by then.

In canon, its navy would likely have been *slightly* higher in proportional use of holdover CW hardware (and that's what people need to realise about this stuff; with few exceptions holdovers, not produced anymore and almost never a common sight, let alone the primary forces) because of where it was located than the Ruling Council had. The mod significantly over-represents that because we wanted to at least have the different factions play a little differently, we knew they were popular so we were fine with throwing CW fans a bone, and for the most part we already had the assets. However, a lot of people have taken "there were some CW holdovers active in some places so lets play off that a bit" into "they have some CW stuff so they should get everything from all sides of the Clone Wars that ever existed" which makes no sense. The Pentastar Alignment was not some anachronistic Clone Wars re-enactment society. There was a time when Clone Wars tech was common, produced as main ships of the line, and relatively powerful. That period was called the Clone Wars. This is not a Clone Wars mod, and shouldn't be treated as an opportunity for Clone Wars + SSDs. We basically gave a mouse of cookie, which then asked for the entire box and a carton of milk even though all the cows had gone extinct 25 years ago.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 02, 2016, 05:39:42 PMReply #58

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2016, 05:39:42 PM »
Why would we use Cad Bane? Even if he's never been confirmed dead or alive by this time, he'd be pretty old, and has never been relevant to anything since the early Empire. The last mention of him is that he was still active and, yes, a common contractor for the Empire at that point. That point was 19 BBY. The mod starts in 4 ABY. There are plenty of people who are actually relevant to and active within the time period or factions we're using. At the very least people who weren't probably dead or retired by then.
Okay I just wonder what bounty hunters work
I do believe Kanos(The formal royal guard) would be a bounty hunter because he masked as one in order to escape the ruling council.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!