Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes - The Pentastar Alignment  (Read 29310 times)

September 03, 2016, 05:07:26 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
We Could Be Heroes - The Pentastar Alignment
« on: September 03, 2016, 05:07:26 AM »
One of the most common requests related to the Pentastar Alignment has always been for more heroes, since they were limited to four in previous releases. Because of how little attention the Alignment gets in lore, this isn't always easy, however we've managed to flesh out the hero roster in ways we think most people should be happy with, including some changes to the existing ones which should free us up in some other ways. So, here's a quick look at who you'll be playing with in 2.2, starting with the three unchanged ones.

Grand Moff Ardus Kaine -  Space: Executor-class Star Destroyer, Reaper
Kaine, the leader and founder of the Pentastar Alignment, will be essentially unchanged from previous versions. He'll still be a big source of early power for the Alignment from the bridge of the Reaper, which will itself be making a few more appearances in the mod.

Grand Admiral Octavian Grant - Space: Imperial-class Star Destroyer Oriflamme
Octavian Grant has always been regarded as a brilliant tactician, although his lack of desire to play the political games required for success in the Empire left him without a significant following after the Battle of Endor. Rather than carve out his own warlord state as many of his Grand Admiral peers had tried, the pragmatic Grant sought refuge within Kaine's Pentastar Alignment while the other Grand Admirals were picked off by each other and the New Republic, despite having been marked for death by the other Grand Admirals. Grant would eventually defect to the New Republic, trading immunity for Imperial intel. He would seek to aid the New Republic in defeating Grand Admiral Thrawn, although he was declined the opportunity out of mistrust for his motives. In Operation Shadow Hand, however he played a key role in the New Republic's ambush of Grand Moff Kaine by feigning allegiance to his old colleague and luring him into a trap.

Commerce Master Commissioner Gregor Raquoran - Galactic only
Raquoran rose to the position of master commissioner through years of proving himself to be a capable businessman, as well as demonstrating a significant level of political acumen within the Velcar Free Commerce Zone. After Endor, he believed the Velcar zone to be relatively safe, but after Kaine called for the Pentastar Talks in 7 ABY, he recognized the prudence of Velcar joining the Alignment. Ingame, he provides significant cost reduction bonuses.

Zenithal InQuestor Jerec - Ground
Jerec was initially a Jedi Master who then became a feared Inquisitor within the New Order. After the Empire's collapse, he styled himself Warlord; however, he ultimately decided to align himself with Grand Moff Kaine's Pentastar Alignment, taking up the mantle of Great InQuestor of Judgment, the Alignment's version of Inquistitors. While he was still ostensibly serving the Alignment, Cronal, who was with the recovering Palpatine on Byss, reached out to secure Jerec's cooperation in the search for the Valley of the Jedi. Jerec will be remaining the same on the ground, however he will not automatically spawn with Vengeance.

Captain Sysco - Space: Vengeance-class Star destroyer Vengeance
Rather than keep Jerec as a free jedi hero with his own SSD from the start, Vengeance and Jerec have been separated, with the former being given as its own hero to Captain Sysco, the officer who commanded the ship under Jerec. Sysco and Vengance will not be spawned at the start of GCs; instead, he will need to be recruited into your fleet. This allows us to play some more with other areas of strength within the Alignment, since with two free SSDs, they could foetn be overbearing.

Great InQuestor Halmere - Ground
Halmere was one of the few surviving force-sensitives after the Clone Wars. He was chosen by Darth Vader for training, and worked his way up to the position of High Inquisitor by the Battle of Yavin. Like many other inquisitors, Halmere was recruited into the service of the Pentastar Alignment by Jerec. After Jerec's death at the hands of Kyle Katarn, Halmere took his place as the Zenithal InQuestor of Judgment.

Governor Ib Dekeet - Galactic, Space: Praetor II-class Star Battlecruiser
Dekeet was an Imperial governor stationed in the outer rim. He was present at the Pentastar Talks, and ultimately signed on despite initial hesitance.

Elta Besk - Galactic, Space: Interdictor-class Star Destroyer Dynamic
Elta Besk came from a rich family and inherited the company Dynamic Automata from her father Metron. As head of DA, she was invited by Kaine to the Pentastar Talks along with the four other dignitaries and captains of industry. She agreed to join out of concern for possible slave revolts in her workforce if the New Republic were to get a foothold. On the Galactic map she provides a cost reduction to units with significant droid parts.

Wyrn Otro - Galactic, Space: Enforcer-class Picket Ship, Enforcer
Otro was invited to the Pentastar Talks as a representative for Galentro Heavy Works, which would join and produce the iconic Enforcer-class picket ship for the Alignment, along with various other types of arms. Jaemus Shipyards was a subsidiary of the company.

Sariss - Ground
Sariss was the daughter of Cronal, and served undercover as the "Prophetess" on Tatooine before the Battle of Endor, serving as a spy for the Secret Order of the Empire. After fleeing Tatooine, she became an apprentice of Jerec. She was also killed by Kyle Katarn in the search for the Valley of the Jedi.

Yun - Ground
Yun was the son of a mineral baron. After becoming infatuated with Sariss, Yun joined her in the service of Jerec. Upon finding Kyle Katarn unconscious and defenseless after the Moldy Crow crashed, Sariss tried to kill him, however Yun deflected her attack which then killed Yun, who said he believed Kyle deserved the opportunity to defend himself.

Krassis Trelix - Space: Firespray-class Patrol and Attack Craft, Indenture (Can be recruited from Gabredor III)
Krassis Trelix is a slaver in the employ of the Karazak Slavers Corporation as a highly respected pilot. The KSC, although not strictly members of the Pentastar Alignment, would often be contracted by them when it was deemed necessary, as in one case when some of its members were tasked with the capture of the children of Cantras Gola's ambassador after they had discovered the planet's desire to secede and join the New Republic.

Rei'kas - Ground (Can be recruited from Gabredor III)
Rei'kas is a Rodian slaver working for the KSC as a strike team leader, a position he achieved due to extremely violent tenancies and determination. 

And that should do it for 2.2. Hopefully that should provide some more variety for Alignment players. We're also at a point where, in addition to articles, I'm going to start playing through some of the new content on my stream. For those interested, the first time for this will be Sunday September 4th (tomorrow) at 3pm EST. After the streams I'll also be putting them on my youtube channel, Corey Loses, for those who can't make it.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 08:41:02 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 03, 2016, 08:35:16 PMReply #1

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
Re: We Could Be Heroes - The Pentastar Alignment
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 08:35:16 PM »

Grand Admiral Octavian Grant - Space: Imperial-class Star Destroyer Oriflamme
In Operation Shadow Hand, however he played a key role in the New Republic's capture of Grand Moff Kaine by feigning allegiance to his old colleague and luring him into a trap.

[/center]

were did you get this info the wookipedia page says Ennix Devian was involved not grant and that he was killed not captured.

September 03, 2016, 08:44:58 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 08:44:58 PM »
Meant to say ambush, not capture, but that was Grant, not Devian. Devian's just some vague mention as possibly being involved. Grant was explicitly stated as the one who convinced Kaine to go:

Quote from: The Imperial Warlords: Despoilers of an Empire, Part I - http://www.starwars.com/news/the-imperial-warlords-despoilers-of-an-empire-part-1
Angered at being shoved aside during Thrawn’s campaign, Kaine then eagerly joined the resurrected Emperor for a chance to storm New Republic forces on Coruscant at last. Instead, though, he fell prey to an elaborate deception during the Operation Shadow Hand campaign. Believing the retired Grand Admiral Grant was returning to fight for the Pentastar Alignment, Kaine was lured into the open in his private shuttle. He died in pitched battle above Palanhi with New Republic E-wings, echoing the ambush that did in his malcontented father.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 03, 2016, 10:32:42 PMReply #3

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 10:32:42 PM »
Yay, more heroes for the PA! :)

September 04, 2016, 12:27:22 AMReply #4

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 12:27:22 AM »
Sounds awesome.  Can't wait to see their new heroes.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

September 04, 2016, 04:30:45 AMReply #5

Offline Darth Red

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 04:30:45 AM »
I like it a lot!

September 04, 2016, 05:03:34 AMReply #6

Offline Labria

• Brevet Admiral
  • I have good feeling about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 05:03:34 AM »
Great news! Pentastar will be more interesting with new heroes. No more two SSDs from start but Ib Dekeet with Praetor look like good compensation.  8=)
How many heroes will be available in skirmish?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:19:11 AM by Labria »

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
Yoda

September 04, 2016, 06:21:43 AMReply #7

Offline Avarice1987

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 06:21:43 AM »
I Miss a Preator Typ One in the Unit List. It is a Beauty Ship with the Black Hull :-).

Very Interesting Hero list. I'm Happy to Rule the Galaxy with the PA in the Future.

September 04, 2016, 07:08:34 AMReply #8

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 07:08:34 AM »
I Miss a Preator Typ One in the Unit List. It is a Beauty Ship with the Black Hull :-).

Very Interesting Hero list. I'm Happy to Rule the Galaxy with the PA in the Future.
The problem is that the Praetor (MK1) does not have any visual appearance.
There isn't any picture, not even low-res showing it so there is nothing to start on. On top of it it has no armament or in fact any kind of stats other than it was 4000 meters long and was equiped with a hyperdrive.
This is the Praetor on the wookiepedia:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Praetor-class_battlecruiser
The Praetor II on the other hand is much more detailed. It has a canon ("legends") appearance, it has detailed armament and stats to it.
just look at it:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Praetor_Mark_II-class_battlecruiser
We prioritize the ships we bring in. If it has stats and a model, and fits into a role previously nothing filled then it's a good thing.
the Praetor MK 1 has none of these qualities.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

September 04, 2016, 10:10:28 AMReply #9

Offline Avarice1987

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 10:10:28 AM »
The problem is that the Praetor (MK1) does not have any visual appearance.
There isn't any picture, not even low-res showing it so there is nothing to start on. On top of it it has no armament or in fact any kind of stats other than it was 4000 meters long and was equiped with a hyperdrive.
This is the Praetor on the wookiepedia:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Praetor-class_battlecruiser
The Praetor II on the other hand is much more detailed. It has a canon ("legends") appearance, it has detailed armament and stats to it.
just look at it:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Praetor_Mark_II-class_battlecruiser
We prioritize the ships we bring in. If it has stats and a model, and fits into a role previously nothing filled then it's a good thing.
the Praetor MK 1 has none of these qualities.

But here we can see an Class One Praetor?

The Ship is in the Most of Big Mods ( Strategic Improvment, Alliance, AOTR, SAU 3.3 ) but no info about it or Pics from the ship in the SW Sites?

September 04, 2016, 11:35:14 AMReply #10

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 11:35:14 AM »
That design is 100% fanon as far as I am aware.

As to the news article, definitely looking forward to the new heroes. Also very glad that the Jerec autoresolve issue is addressed by splitting him up (while simultaneously reducing the early-game power of the PA, something that definitely needed a balance pass ass well).
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 04, 2016, 12:22:54 PMReply #11

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 12:22:54 PM »
Also, canonically, the Praetor-I only had short range hyperspace engines.  So while no doubt some were refit with better hyperspace engines, it wouldn't make sense to have a ship that was only produced in limited numbers, and DIDN'T have full hyperdrive, to be in the mod.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

September 04, 2016, 12:32:16 PMReply #12

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »
The Ship is in the Most of Big Mods ( Strategic Improvment, Alliance, AOTR, SAU 3.3 ) but no info about it or Pics from the ship in the SW Sites?

That model is a fanon design made by EvilleJedi for his Warlords mod, 100% his own design. It's in those other mods because they just use Evillejedi's models. This isn't uncommon, it's the exact same situation as the "Corellian" ships in those same mods.

September 04, 2016, 02:34:06 PMReply #13

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 02:34:06 PM »
Will Halmere be replacing Jerec if he dies or be available in certain GCs or eras?
I know the era system is changing but I was wondering about specific GC timelines.
Looks like I have some more VOs to do! Dibs on Halmere and Ib Dikeet!

(As a side note when i saw the title "We could be heroes" is it odd the tune to 'we could be lovers popped into my head?)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:52:34 PM by Lord Xizer »
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 05, 2016, 11:50:09 PMReply #14

Offline Phunnyphil

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 11:50:09 PM »
(As a side note when i saw the title "We could be heroes" is it odd the tune to 'we could be lovers popped into my head?)

We could be heroes. Just for one Era.
We could be lovers. Forever and Ever.
-Ardus Kaine at Pentastar Talks

Seriously though, love these new additions. Can't wait to try them out.

September 06, 2016, 05:05:44 PMReply #15

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »
Indeed, and i bet that is how the PA talks went
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 08, 2016, 10:16:47 PMReply #16

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 10:16:47 PM »
So will these heroes allow for new types of ships to be built?
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

September 08, 2016, 11:03:50 PMReply #17

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 11:03:50 PM »
None of them were associated with any specific type of unit.

September 09, 2016, 04:24:10 PMReply #18

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 04:24:10 PM »
I notice one hero has a interdictor SD does that mean pentastar is  getting Interdictor star Destroyer.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

September 10, 2016, 01:38:49 AMReply #19

Offline ErichZann

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 01:38:49 AM »
The model created by EvilleJedi is actually a (Legends) Cannon design. It may or may not be a Praetor I. The only really concrete information is the it is in excess of 3,200 meters, and it is known under the generic name of a TaggeCo Battlecruiser.

Here is the wookiepedia entry: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tagge_battlecruiser

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!