Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Things you personally like in the new canon?  (Read 2790 times)

August 08, 2016, 08:48:58 AM

Offline CaptainPogo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
  • Won't be running into traps today!
    • View Profile
Things you personally like in the new canon?
« on: August 08, 2016, 08:48:58 AM »
It's been quite a long while as this canon brought upon new material so I felt this might be the best time to bring up this question...What is to you the best things bout this new canon?

I mostly mean the newer things, not just the new canon allowing moments of the old EU to bleed into the story though we can answer that too. XD

To me, just giving Tarkin a fleshed out backstory. We get mostly pockets of info regarding this guy back then and it's usually how mustache twirling evil he is (and Daala) but the Tarkin novel was to me a great way to explain just why this guy became a Grand Moff....cause the man earned it.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:52:20 AM by CaptainPogo »

August 10, 2016, 04:09:56 AMReply #1

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Things you personally like in the new canon?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:09:56 AM »
I was about to say consistency, because the Lucasfilm Storygroup is watching over the Stories.
But then i thought:
It's not really consistent. They put a lot of new Stuff in the Timeline between III and IV which we have not seen before.
Which should have lastet a bit, for example the Deathtroopers (i think that's what they are called).

So: I really don't know.
My only answer at the moment would be: They get a lot of Star Wars Stuff on Film.

September 12, 2016, 06:15:50 PMReply #2

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 06:15:50 PM »
Bad:
BS with Consistency (not trying to be mean but that isn't really true
Examples: When Vader is On Tatooine before Episode 4 he cant sense a force presences of Obiwan.
The first Order doesn't make sense HOW do they have the resources to build A Weapon of that power. Where is their Government???? are they fighting Thrawn???
Good:
Stuff involving Vader and Tarkin (Epic)
Two words: SCAR SQUAD
Thrawn's return(Epic)
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

September 13, 2016, 05:24:33 PMReply #3

Offline Ordinarygamer96

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 05:24:33 PM »
Honestly I loved twilight company and the new perspective it gave of the overall war. Was neat to learn about the mix of guerilla and conventional fighting as well as what Vader is like to the ordinary rebel soldiers. Also sort of like the fact that although theres less surviving jedi it seems in the new canon after 66 they are all actually doing stuff instead of in some cases sitting around until Vader comes to kill them. I'm mostly sad about the loss of the old republic lore even if i suspect it will be brought back for the most part. Also I want to see them attempt something with the vong because unlike many I actually liked their idea if not the execution one hundred percent. It gave a cool new idea of the scope of star wars as well as the motivations of the emperor.

September 13, 2016, 05:48:48 PMReply #4

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 05:48:48 PM »
See my real problem with the new cannon is the fact they mostly make the empire look like full on bad guys(exception: Tarkin book)
Second is the First Order. Why are they a threat? they really suck worst then The empire. They could have done something unique like the rebels splitting into factions at war for power and the empire returning under Thrawn's command that would be cool.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 01, 2016, 10:24:09 AMReply #5

Offline Revan0123

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • 50% Pentastar. 50% Alignment. 100% Badass!
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 10:24:09 AM »
See my real problem with the new cannon is the fact they mostly make the empire look like full on bad guys(exception: Tarkin book)
Second is the First Order. Why are they a threat? they really suck worst then The empire. They could have done something unique like the rebels splitting into factions at war for power and the empire returning under Thrawn's command that would be cool.
Well it's not like the original trilogy movies ever gave any ambiguity for The Empire...

October 01, 2016, 10:36:32 AMReply #6

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 10:36:32 AM »
Well it's not like the original trilogy movies ever gave any ambiguity for The Empire...
but we know that they are a GALATIC EMPIRE so they stretch all over the galaxy.
The first Order which is in the unkown regions only controls a few planets.
Yet they some how have: A muit-planet destroyer, Huge SDs, and is a threat so big that the NR was wipe out immediately.
At Least with the empire they had a whole Galaxy to build the death star.
How can the first order build a weapon 5x more powerful then both death stars with very limited resources.

The other is General Hux Is a bastard( His father yeah....) Why do we need that he is basically evil jon snow( or you could say Kylo ren looks like Jon Snow)
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!