Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Regime Change  (Read 8533 times)

July 18, 2016, 05:15:14 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Regime Change
« on: July 18, 2016, 05:15:14 AM »
A new way to time-travel.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 18, 2016, 06:04:51 AMReply #1

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Regime Change
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 06:04:51 AM »
Love it.

July 18, 2016, 07:47:09 AMReply #2

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 07:47:09 AM »
This is great i never wanted to play Art of war with the imps because of isard.

Also what's the 1 credit unit in the toolbar?
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

July 18, 2016, 12:29:36 PMReply #3

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 12:29:36 PM »
That is awesome.  An easy way to move up if one wants.  Awesome.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 18, 2016, 12:36:15 PMReply #4

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 12:36:15 PM »
I think it should cost more than one credit considering that the regime change affects what you and the other factions can build

July 18, 2016, 01:51:39 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 01:51:39 PM »

Also what's the 1 credit unit in the toolbar?

Something else entirely.

I think it should cost more than one credit considering that the regime change affects what you and the other factions can build

There's no reason to charge for it. Era changing =/= upgrading, and the other way to change eras is to suicide your heroes, which for the Empire typically means killing multiple enemy units and sometimes even claiming a few planets before you're able to successfully do it. You're already giving up thousands of credits in potential game progress to do this.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 18, 2016, 02:30:12 PMReply #6

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 02:30:12 PM »
Something else entirely.
Yay a surprise, wait a minute it's for the Imps that can't be good for me.

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

July 18, 2016, 03:56:52 PMReply #7

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 03:56:52 PM »
Super excited to see this becoming a reality.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

July 18, 2016, 04:04:06 PMReply #8

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 04:04:06 PM »
But does it have an appropriate sound effect on completion of the regime change? It's not quite the same thing but the sound effect when slaughtering prisoners in Medieval Total War was always oddly satisfying.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

July 18, 2016, 09:01:10 PMReply #9

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:10 PM »
This is really good, trying to move forward with certain leaders was imposible even sending them alone to the battle. This a quite stupid question but can you actually "suicide" Pellaeon al lose?

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

July 18, 2016, 10:27:15 PMReply #10

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 10:27:15 PM »
It does provide a nice alternative to be sure
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 20, 2016, 04:15:24 AMReply #11

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 04:15:24 AM »
Nice! Love it!
And that should take care of the Bug, that if you kill one faction of you can't progress with the Empire ^^
(At least i assume so)

July 20, 2016, 04:34:08 AMReply #12

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 04:34:08 AM »
The bug you're referring to is when one of the three story-scripted factions is destroyed and you progress eras, the game crashes because it's trying to spawn things in for an entity which does not exist. This wouldn't actually have an impact on that bug, because the same events are happening. Doesn't matter who you play as for it.

It was, however, solved in the 2.15 patch which you can download from the forums. We've got a slightly cleaner solution for it we're currently testing for 2.2.

July 20, 2016, 03:35:36 PMReply #13

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »
The bug you're referring to is when one of the three story-scripted factions is destroyed and you progress eras, the game crashes because it's trying to spawn things in for an entity which does not exist. This wouldn't actually have an impact on that bug, because the same events are happening. Doesn't matter who you play as for it.

It was, however, solved in the 2.15 patch which you can download from the forums. We've got a slightly cleaner solution for it we're currently testing for 2.2.
I know it is a stupid question, but now that it is not necessary to suicide your leader, wouldn't it be a solution to lock down 4 planets/faction, one unlocking in each era?
So the script will have a place to spawn the heroes in, and you can still win with IR if you managed to conquer everything with IDK Palpatine. You just unlock the last two and steamroll them.
This would also make it possible to lock down Byss until Palpatine rises, giving this "lost" feature back.
Also this would solve the problem when the smaller faction kills a scripted one. Like that one time I had playing NR in Art of War and by the time I managed to hunt down Daala it turned out that IR and PA killed the Hand. Let's just say I wasn't happy about that crash...
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

July 20, 2016, 07:35:53 PMReply #14

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 07:35:53 PM »
That's 12 planets locked in a GC for no discernible ingame reason as far as most players would be concerned. That's 10-20% of planets locked the entire game if you win as the IR in era 1. Branching is way better. Even the 2.15 system is preferable to be honest. If we wanna lock Byss we can do that separately. Wanting to do it for more planets doesn't really solve the technical problems related to that.

July 21, 2016, 03:59:30 AMReply #15

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 03:59:30 AM »

Well i know the bug ^^
I did point that Problem out a looooooooong time ago when someone reported it ^^
But good to know it got fixed.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!