Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Stick Them With The Pointy End  (Read 2612 times)

July 08, 2016, 05:22:37 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Stick Them With The Pointy End
« on: July 08, 2016, 05:22:37 AM »
As we hinted at in the Crimson Command preview image, we're giving the Remnant players the ability to align with different Imperial leaders for some (pretty significant) changes to their tech and in some cases units in order to give them more options while playing, and also to work in some more of the better points of ICW. It will also have a pretty big impact on the hero choices coming in 1.1.

Once Remnant heroes and the tech trees are fully implemented, we'll have a full write-up, but the first of the possible leaders is Natasi Daala. One of her techs grants her access to the Crimson Command variant of VSD IIs, based on her canonical capture of that fleet while reuniting the Imperial Warlords.

Another of her unique aspects is the ability to potentially have two Executor-class titans active at one time, which you can see here. The choice to side with Daala comes with only one hero; her, in the Knight Hammer. Unlike other heroes, however, she has a never-say-die attitude, and can be recruited again if she dies (a function which will be unique to her) based on her tendency to not actually die and randomly pop up again.

We'll talk more about heroes in an actual news post, but you could say some will be good at flying solo. Others tend to eclipse the competition...

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 08, 2016, 12:55:00 PMReply #1

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Stick Them With The Pointy End
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 12:55:00 PM »
Awesome. Looking forward to turning the sky Crimson. Also Knight Hammer.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

July 08, 2016, 02:06:41 PMReply #2

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 02:06:41 PM »
Good to hear I'll once again be able to lead the Night Hammer into battle with my Crimson Command armada!
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 08, 2016, 05:29:35 PMReply #3

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 05:29:35 PM »
That sounds cool.  I definitely look forward to having 2 Executors to play with!!
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!