Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: What I'm Doing  (Read 5470 times)

June 16, 2016, 04:25:22 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
What I'm Doing
« on: June 16, 2016, 04:25:22 AM »
We've said we have no plans to make a full Star Wars mod for Stellaris, and that's still the case. However, what I do intend to do is release a few small themed race/faction packs to allow for Star Wars ships in the game. This will be mostly aesthetic, with some possible portrait, logo, etc changes but the main point is to have different ship collections for different factions.

These are the ones I currently plan on doing:
- Empire
- New Republic
- Empire of the Hand
- Galactic Republic (Yeah, the Clone Wars one)

Maybe more later, too.

There's no real timeline for this, and while it may turn into some other modifications since that's kind of a thing I do, this is currently just a side thing I'm working on because I want it and don't like the possibility of ever having free time in my life again. I'm going to regret posting this.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:27:22 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 16, 2016, 05:53:24 PMReply #1

Offline AntonioBarbarian

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What I'm Doing
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 05:53:24 PM »
There's a Star Wars mod for it in development since even before release. Maybe you could help them if you have time.

June 16, 2016, 07:32:17 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 07:32:17 PM »
Different groups, different goals and different resources. I know what I specifically want to do and already have the resources to do it. There's no reason for me to join another team to do that.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 16, 2016, 08:13:24 PMReply #3

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:13:24 PM »
If you had to choose one that's better, which would get your vote, SoaSE:R or Stellaris.  Based solely upon the base game, nothing to do with mods.  And how much better is it than the other?
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 16, 2016, 09:38:10 PMReply #4

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 09:38:10 PM »
They are very different games that provide very different experiences.  I don't think a direct comparison really makes much sense.

June 17, 2016, 12:00:11 AMReply #5

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 12:00:11 AM »
Sins is more of an RTS with 4X aspects, whereas from what I've seen Stellaris is a 4X primarily. Very different games.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

June 17, 2016, 03:27:48 AMReply #6

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 03:27:48 AM »
Stellaris is a 4X hybridized with a Paradox Studios-styled grand strategy game.  It has a heavy focus on exploration, diplomacy and empire management, with zero direct control of ships during combat beyond the ability to order a retreat, though you control a fleet's strategic movements when it is not in combat.  It is a sandbox, where the goal of any campaign is whatever you want it to be and no real "win" state beyond achieving whatever you set out for.

June 17, 2016, 03:46:22 AMReply #7

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:46:22 AM »
Ah...doesn't sound like something I'd bother buying.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 17, 2016, 04:19:09 AMReply #8

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 04:19:09 AM »
Fair enough.  It's got some rough edges right now, but there is also a real gem at its core, and Paradox has a well-earned reputation for continuing work on games long after they are released via both DLC (that is usually worth it) and free patches, and they are very mod friendly.

June 17, 2016, 10:29:30 AMReply #9

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
Fair enough.  It's got some rough edges right now, but there is also a real gem at its core, and Paradox has a well-earned reputation for continuing work on games long after they are released via both DLC (that is usually worth it) and free patches, and they are very mod friendly.

The mod friendly part is why I was considering it with all the chatter on the forums about it recently and I keep seeing SO MANY people playing it on my steam list.  Just like I still play (played, got removed with the update to 1.84 and I have yet to ask how to clone again) Sins of a Galactic Empire for Sins (Lavo's mod), I was thinking check out the SW mod for it, but I'd want to make sure I thought I would enjoy the base game.

June 17, 2016, 11:34:17 AMReply #10

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 11:34:17 AM »
Oh, Stellaris runs on linux....now...THAT changes the complexion....

September 01, 2016, 05:25:46 PMReply #11

Offline Darth Red

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 05:25:46 PM »
I am about to try the ICW mod for EAW but am already thrilled to read this (especially after the apparent demise of the Stellaris SW mod).
As a side note, thanks for the tremendous work already done with the existing mods.

September 23, 2016, 03:24:31 PMReply #12

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 03:24:31 PM »
I like to if add a Executor or the Eclipse to Stellaris the be Epic too see.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

January 23, 2017, 12:38:33 PMReply #13

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 12:38:33 PM »
any progress in the Stellaris stuff?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!