Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: New Republic Trailer & 10 Years of Thrawn's Revenge  (Read 9949 times)

June 07, 2016, 05:51:34 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
New Republic Trailer & 10 Years of Thrawn's Revenge
« on: June 07, 2016, 05:51:34 AM »

Trailer #2: New Republic

Before we get into all the news and celebration, Jin has finished the second of the narrative faction trailers (voicever once again by UnassumingWhiteGuy). Last time it was the Remnant, and now it's the New Republic's turn. As with any exciting video game trailer, we find ourselves listening to a speech in front of the senate on fiscal policy. If there's one thing we all learned from the Phantom Menace, it's that galactic financial and trade policies are what's really interesting.... Right?

Thank You, Community!

Without going into too much detail, 10 years ago, on June 7th 2006, Videoteck, Zer and I began Thrawn's Revenge with no idea what we were doing after I had wanted to put Grand Admiral Thrawn into Empire at War as a hero. In the course of the last ten years, that scope has evolved quite a bit and our second project, Thrawn's Revenge II: Ascendancy was announced on October 27th, 2012.

On behalf of the entire team, past, present and future I would like to thank everyone who's supported us in any way during these ten years. There's no way we could ever have made it this far without your encouragement, suggestions, let's plays, critiques and everything else. At the end of the day knowing that so many people enjoy what we've done makes it all worth it. I can't speak for the team directly on this part, however what started as a haphazard mess of ideas from my 13 year old mind has turned into one of the most fantastic and formative experiences of my life and I will always appreciate the opportunities I've had to meet, speak to and work with so many talented individuals.

We still have plenty of modding on our two current projects (and maybe other stuff?) left in us though, so back to what we're all here for.

Imperial Civil War 2.2

While we're still plugging away at fleshing out the new warlords, a significant portion of the recent work into 2.2 has been in cleaning up the mod's files. Some of this is purely to make development easier, but on the player side it should mean a few performance enhancements and also the rectification of some of bugs and inconsistencies in unit behaviours, especially pertaining to units that appear in different eras and factions. Smallpox is still working on implementing the new Diplomatic Influence system as well, which gives a new non-military option for conquering some areas, for those who are so inclined. We've got a few other things planned as far as different mechanics and features but as ever, we're waiting to see what the hit to performance is before saying anything is set in stone.

Content-wise, 2.2 will see some changes to pre-existing factions, not just the Warlord changes. Some units which you may recognize from Ascendancy are also making their way into ICW, such as the Allegiance, Intego, Alaria, Bellator, Gladiator, Secutor and more. The Empire of the Hand in particular is seeing some roster changes, which have been summarized (from an Ascendancy perspective but the main points are the same) here. We're still making a few final determinations on what new content will and won't be included, but some things which were removed from previous versions of the mod will be returning, in one form or another.

Ascendancy 1.1

I recently made a news post about some of the general gameplay changes impacting already-existing features between 1.0 and 1.1, but instead of focusing on that, we'll talk a bit about the new things that are coming your way. As a release without any new factions, we're using 1.1 to work on the galaxy you're playing in and also to round out the tech trees and rosters of the existing factions in a few places. Diplomatic and defense tech will be pretty prominent in this, along with a slew of new content for the Hand especially; two starbase models, two new defense stations, two more capital ships and two redone fighters.

In galactic changes, you'll be seeing forces from various different groups represented in both random events and as militia, along with other random events and unique encounters related to events in Star Wars history. When traveling to different planets you may come across Centerpoint, the Maw Installation, The Wheel, or an angry horde of Duskhan League Thrustships. For random events, there's a pretty large spectrum; from bands of roving Warlords and Ssi-Ruuvi incursions on one end, to Lando publishing a book on the other. You may want to take an Epidemiology course before playing as well, because there's also a random event for the Death Seed plague which can hit one of your planets and begin to spread throughout the galaxy on occasion, and we may even be doing something with the Krytos Virus. If you have a favourite bit of Star Wars history (Legends, not nuCanon; sorry Kylo) which you think we should include as an event or encounter, let us know in the comments or on our forums and like with any other suggestions we receive, we'll gladly take it under consideration.

Follow Thrawn's Revenge
ForumsAscendancy ModDBICW ModDB
Facebook - Steam Group - Twitter

Want to join the dev team? Check here

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 07, 2016, 06:19:57 AMReply #1

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
Re: New Republic Trailer & 10 Years of Thrawn's Revenge
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 06:19:57 AM »
Congratulations on making it to 10 years, the team deserve all the praise they get for the work they put in and the quality of it.

Both mods are amazing and for a lot of people including myself only play EAW with your mod.

Your an amazing team and I hope you keep going strong in another 10 years.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

June 07, 2016, 06:44:25 AMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 06:44:25 AM »
To put this in perspective:

Total time of Thrawn's Revenge - 10 years.
Time after Endor before Daala resigned and Pellaeon become the Imperial leader - 8 years.
Yuuzhan Vong War - 4 years.
Time since A New Hope was released - 39 years.

Or, as former tester Scarecrow63 said when I asked in the team and groupie chat what we should do for this:

A ship named thrawn's revenge that you can queue to build but never actually finishes
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:46:22 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 07, 2016, 10:44:39 AMReply #3

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »

Time after Endor before Daala resigned and Pellaeon become the Imperial leader - 8 years.

Or, as former tester Scarecrow63 said when I asked in the team and groupie chat what we should do for this:
Looking forward to 39 years. :P
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

June 07, 2016, 11:38:01 AMReply #4

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 11:38:01 AM »
10 years of probably one of the single best mods I have ever seen for a game, good job guys, and thank you so much to the team for this.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

June 07, 2016, 04:05:14 PMReply #5

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 04:05:14 PM »
I can only agree with the ones before me.
Happy anniversary guys. You deserve celebrations.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

June 07, 2016, 05:16:07 PMReply #6

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 05:16:07 PM »

Or, less than half the time Emperor Palpatine spent ruling the galaxy.  Maybe I shouldn't give you any ideas..  :angel:
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

June 07, 2016, 05:56:02 PMReply #7

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 05:56:02 PM »
Congrats on 10 years, can't wait to see what the next 10 will bring.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

June 07, 2016, 08:34:00 PMReply #8

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 08:34:00 PM »
Indeed! to another promising decade!
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

June 08, 2016, 10:18:03 AMReply #9

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 10:18:03 AM »
Happy birthday TR!

It's been great watching this mod evolve through the years.
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

June 14, 2016, 10:20:21 PMReply #10

Offline the_trots

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 10:20:21 PM »
Fantastic video.

Thank you for the game.  You have brought Star Wars to many in a very personal way.

June 15, 2016, 08:49:36 AMReply #11

Offline furayyu

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 08:49:36 AM »
Got to say that was the best speech from a senator I have ever heard.

Sorry I'm late... but
happy birthday TR team!

Thank you for bringing star wars to life for all of us.

June 15, 2016, 06:56:14 PMReply #12

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »
After a log absence I come back and find this trailer, it's an 11/10 excellent job!
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

June 22, 2016, 08:37:11 AMReply #13

Offline RallyToMe

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 08:37:11 AM »
I would love to see the Self Destruct ability brought into Thrawn's Revenge. And Deploy Squadron.

When used together, they could be used to make space mines...

January 08, 2017, 12:42:37 PMReply #14

Offline Papa Palps

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 12:42:37 PM »

Trailer #2: New Republic

Before we get into all the news and celebration, Jin has finished the second of the narrative faction trailers (voicever once again by UnassumingWhiteGuy). Last time it was the Remnant, and now it's the New Republic's turn. As with any exciting video game trailer, we find ourselves listening to a speech in front of the senate on fiscal policy. If there's one thing we all learned from the Phantom Menace, it's that galactic financial and trade policies are what's really interesting.... Right?

Nice work!  Really looking forward to the next trailer!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!