Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Active Duty  (Read 5830 times)

May 24, 2016, 01:08:05 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Active Duty
« on: May 24, 2016, 01:08:05 AM »
The month isn't over yet, but so far May 2016 has seen the most forum activity ( http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/ ) in a single month since July of 2014, so here's a screenshot of the Intego, one of the New Empire of the Hand capital ships, in ICW to celebrate. We want to thank everyone for their continuing support and enthusiasm as we approach our 10th anniversary in a few weeks, but more on that when it hits.

For more information on the Intego and the other upcoming Hand changes, you cans see the dev diary about it here. It's specifically about Ascendancy, however the changes apply to ICW as well.

Other than that, if you have any feedback, suggestions, ideas or just want to discuss strategies or counter the massively pro-Imperial bias of most of our current posters, you to join the discussion. Making an account only takes a moment, but if you don't want to do that, guests are able to post as well. The forums tend to be where we post the most "behind the scenes" development news and previews of content before it gets released or is ready for public consumption.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 24, 2016, 01:18:52 AMReply #1

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Active Duty
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:18:52 AM »
The month isn't over yet, but so far May 2016 has seen the most forum activity ( http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/ ) in a single month since July of 2014

This is obviously because I have returned  :P

Quote from: Corey
counter the massively pro-Imperial bias of most of our current posters.

Hey if the Ssi Ruik were in ICW I'd gladly change my bias. As you can see I did change my avatar to represent the most underrepresented faction on the forums.

Anyhow, still amazes me. 10 years. Y'all are (IMO) the best mod out there I salute all the hard work and dedication you have put and are continuing to put into this project. Also that new ship looks awesome.

And for anyone who's not a member who reads this: just become a member. You get all sorts of perks, like a complimentary upvote from me and access to the Members Only and eventually the Admiral's Lounge. It's totally worth it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:23:56 AM by Revanchist »
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 24, 2016, 01:22:39 AMReply #2

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 01:22:39 AM »
You guys impressed me back in 08 and I've been firmly loyal ever since because this mod and the team deserve it.
Here's to another 10 years!
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 24, 2016, 04:35:03 AMReply #3

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 04:35:03 AM »
You guys are just amazing at what you do and I hope you keep it going for another 10 years.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

May 24, 2016, 05:01:56 AMReply #4

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 05:01:56 AM »
This is obviously because I have returned  :P
Not just that. I see many people became more active during the last few months.

To the mod team: You've been doing a great work for the last 10 years and I am glad I can be here with everyone else. Let's be the next 10 years be just as good as these.
And happy almost anniversary.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 24, 2016, 06:24:17 AMReply #5

Offline Tortique

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 06:24:17 AM »
Great to see that you keep working on this mod even after 10 years. There are many mods around but this mod seems to be most unique among all those "Clone Wars" and "let's get every model we found to the one mod" mods (there are some exceptions though). The only sad thing for me is that hadn't joined this community 1-2-3-... years ago.

Can't wait for 2.2 to release!

May 24, 2016, 01:01:46 PMReply #6

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
An awesome 10 years and still strong.
You guys are awesome.

edit:
And for anyone who's not a member who reads this: just become a member. You get all sorts of perks, like a complimentary upvote from me and access to the Members Only and eventually the Admiral's Lounge. It's totally worth it.
Or disagree with people and get down-votes. On a serious note, the up/down votes don't matter just come and share your ideas.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:05:17 PM by derp »
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 01:52:27 PMReply #7

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 01:52:27 PM »
I still don't even understand the point to the upvote/downvote on a forum such as this.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 24, 2016, 03:40:16 PMReply #8

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 03:40:16 PM »
I still don't even understand the point to the upvote/downvote on a forum such as this.
My brain is telling me I need to irritated 2 more people to get a -4 and make 3 more people happy so I can get a positive 4.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 05:14:04 PMReply #9

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 05:14:04 PM »

Yeah I don't understand it really either. I do remember Corey obsessing over having nice even numbers of up and down votes though.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 26, 2016, 03:52:00 PMReply #10

Offline MrAndrew

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • THOR, ODIN'S SON, PROTECTOR OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »
Awesome new ship! I don't really participate on the forums as much as I probably should, but I can't wait to see 2.2 released. Keep it up!
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!