Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Remnant Era 5 and Fighter Hero Suggestions  (Read 8273 times)

May 23, 2016, 11:40:48 PM

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Remnant Era 5 and Fighter Hero Suggestions
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:40:48 PM »
So I started playing Final Imperial Push as the IR. I understand why Executors are buildable in Era 5 (because of Megador and Dominion etc), but if I recall they never really stated what type of Dreadnoughts they were. Therefore my suggestion is that instead of Executors being buildable, Bellators would be buildable instead. However I also understand the desire to keep the PA as unique as possible, so this may not happen

In addition, I was wondering if fighter heroes could be given the "regenerate wingmen" ability that Vader had from vanilla. It would make the heroes a bit tougher, as they are super fragile and you can lose the hero without losing the squadron.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 24, 2016, 05:58:32 AMReply #1

Offline Tortique

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant Era 5 and Fighter Hero Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 05:58:32 AM »
However I also understand the desire to keep the PA as unique as possible, so this may not happen

Well, in Era 3 in multi-era GCs and in Shadow Hand GC Praetors are buildable for the Imperial Remnant so I see no problem here. Also, this suggestion sounds good, I feel tired of all those Executor-class SSDs and would like to use something new while playing IR.

May 24, 2016, 11:37:55 AMReply #2

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »
Well, in Era 3 in multi-era GCs and in Shadow Hand GC Praetors are buildable for the Imperial Remnant so I see no problem here. Also, this suggestion sounds good, I feel tired of all those Executor-class SSDs and would like to use something new while playing IR.

Well the team is introducing more Battle Cruisers(Bellator, Allegiance, Praetor etc) so there will be some variety in your super ships
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 24, 2016, 12:53:08 PMReply #3

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 12:53:08 PM »
So I started playing Final Imperial Push as the IR. I understand why Executors are buildable in Era 5 (because of Megador and Dominion etc), but if I recall they never really stated what type of Dreadnoughts they were. Therefore my suggestion is that instead of Executors being buildable, Bellators would be buildable instead. However I also understand the desire to keep the PA as unique as possible, so this may not happen

In addition, I was wondering if fighter heroes could be given the "regenerate wingmen" ability that Vader had from vanilla. It would make the heroes a bit tougher, as they are super fragile and you can lose the hero without losing the squadron.
You can think of the word "buildable" in this game as de-mothballing ships and prepping them for combat. I don't see a problem with Era 5 having 3 executors at once since Era 5 covers 12 ABY all the way to 19 ABY and technically there were 3 executors in this time frame.
Now, the regeneration of wing man, yes please. Hopefully this regeneration thing can stop my hero squadrons dying in combat for no reason.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 02:31:15 PMReply #4

Offline Tortique

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 02:31:15 PM »
Well the team is introducing more Battle Cruisers(Bellator, Allegiance, Praetor etc) so there will be some variety in your super ships
Tbh I don't often use anything bigger than VSD1 (never understood this desire to have larger ships )but still it's good to get something new.

May 24, 2016, 03:37:15 PMReply #5

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 03:37:15 PM »
Tbh I don't often use anything bigger than VSD1 (never understood this desire to have larger ships )but still it's good to get something new.
If you don't use Super Star Dreadnoughts, you don't know what you're missing.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 05:11:50 PMReply #6

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 05:11:50 PM »

Yeah, VSDs are a mainstay of my IR fleets as well, though I am really starting to really take a shine to strike cruisers. Mostly I use SSDs for strategic hit-and-fades.

You can think of the word "buildable" in this game as de-mothballing ships and prepping them for combat. I don't see a problem with Era 5 having 3 executors at once since Era 5 covers 12 ABY all the way to 19 ABY and technically there were 3 executors in this time frame.

Precisely, which is why it's not a huge deal really. However, of the three Star Dreadnoughts Pellaeon had during this time only 1 (the Reaper) has been confirmed to be an Executor. The other two are of unknown classification.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 06:07:08 PMReply #7

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 06:07:08 PM »
To be honest it's not a bad idea having them as your biggest ships mainly because of EAW path finding system but you are missing out if you don't use SSD's.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

May 24, 2016, 06:28:19 PMReply #8

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 06:28:19 PM »
Yeah, VSDs are a mainstay of my IR fleets as well, though I am really starting to really take a shine to strike cruisers. Mostly I use SSDs for strategic hit-and-fades.

Precisely, which is why it's not a huge deal really. However, of the three Star Dreadnoughts Pellaeon had during this time only 1 (the Reaper) has been confirmed to be an Executor. The other two are of unknown classification.
Both these articles claim they're Super Star Destroyers http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dominion and http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Megador
They also have sources they cited for it.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 07:25:23 PMReply #9

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 07:25:23 PM »
Super star destroyer isn't an exact term, and there are several bits of information that suggest they are not Executors (Megador has 16 engines to a standard Executor's 13, for instance). Though keeping them generic supers and limiting the Bellator to splinter groups still makes sense.

May 24, 2016, 07:46:53 PMReply #10

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »
Yeah. All Executors are Super Star Destroyers, but not all Super Star Destroyers are Executors. For me it could go both ways TBH. However there is enough to suggest that at least Megador was not an Executor.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 09:11:11 PMReply #11

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 09:11:11 PM »
Yeah. All Executors are Super Star Destroyers, but not all Super Star Destroyers are Executors. For me it could go both ways TBH. However there is enough to suggest that at least Megador was not an Executor.
We could also just look at this as author error but I guess its more fun to make it seem like there was some special star-ship.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 25, 2016, 09:52:14 AMReply #12

Offline Tortique

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »
If you don't use Super Star Dreadnoughts, you don't know what you're missing.
If I don't use SSDs all the time when possible doesn't mean I don't use them at all. The reason for this is
EAW path finding system

I am really starting to really take a shine to strike cruisers.
This is a good one too but in terms of versatility it lacks anti-fighter capability thus forcing you to bring in some lancers that I've mentioned have path finding problems of big ships (may be my wrong impression but anyway).

May 25, 2016, 01:14:26 PMReply #13

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 01:14:26 PM »
As Jason Fry said in his Guide to Warfare Endnotes, "when you find a reference to an SSD in a Star Wars novel, the author meant an Executor-type ship unless there’s a very good reason to think otherwise".  Bearing in mind how flexible the Executor-class definition has been over the years I'm not sure a slightly different number of engines takes Megador outside the realms of possibility there.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

May 25, 2016, 02:26:02 PMReply #14

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 02:26:02 PM »
As Jason Fry said in his Guide to Warfare Endnotes, "when you find a reference to an SSD in a Star Wars novel, the author meant an Executor-type ship unless there’s a very good reason to think otherwise".  Bearing in mind how flexible the Executor-class definition has been over the years I'm not sure a slightly different number of engines takes Megador outside the realms of possibility there.

We also have a radically different command bridge, which could just mean that it was heavily modified.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 25, 2016, 03:12:07 PMReply #15

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 03:12:07 PM »
If I don't use SSDs all the time when possible doesn't mean I don't use them at all. The reason for this isThis is a good one too but in terms of versatility it lacks anti-fighter capability thus forcing you to bring in some lancers that I've mentioned have path finding problems of big ships (may be my wrong impression but anyway).
Somewhere on this forum told great advice on how to beat the pathing, basically you use the right click facing commands to tell the large ships where to go and it works! Of course, this may take some practice because the ships sometimes don't want to listen but if you hit cancel move and use the facing right click commands you can use large ships pretty easily.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 25, 2016, 04:39:24 PMReply #16

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 04:39:24 PM »
It still doesn't always work.  I do that, and it's only still 50-50 if it manages to turn the correct direction to face where you want it to.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 25, 2016, 05:00:20 PMReply #17

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 05:00:20 PM »
It still doesn't always work.  I do that, and it's only still 50-50 if it manages to turn the correct direction to face where you want it to.

Yeah it works a lot better, but still rather unpredictable especially when there's lots of asteroid fields. Funnily enough ISDs have been just as bad, whereas I rarely have any trouble with Praetors.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 27, 2016, 01:09:25 PMReply #18

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 01:09:25 PM »
Use cancel move to fix the direction.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 27, 2016, 06:35:09 PMReply #19

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 06:35:09 PM »
Yeah, but sometimes you have to do it like 5 or 6 times before it follows your commands.  So while you can get it to go where you want, it takes so long it's not a near-perfect workaround.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!