Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Behemoth  (Read 4879 times)

May 23, 2016, 05:15:33 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Behemoth
« on: May 23, 2016, 05:15:33 AM »
We've been asked a few times if we're doing anything for ground in 2.2, and this is a small part of the answer to that question.

The All Terrain Tactical Enforcer is in many ways the precursor to the Imperial AT-AT. It served as a main battle tank for the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars, but ever since the declaration of the New Order it has been relegated to more and more remote areas of service. In Imperial Civil War 2.2, it servers as a primary vehicle for some more remote Imperial groups with restricted access to the AT-AT

Compared to the AT-AT, it's actually not a direct downgrade. Although it doesn't have quite the same anti-vehicle power, its main turret still packs quite the punch. It also has 6 small anti-infantry turrets (all with independent targeting and movement) which cover areas the AT-AT is vulnerable in.

There's still a little bit of work we need to do to finish the model, including fixing up some animations and adding a Stormtrooper to the turret's seat, but other than that it's ready to re-enter the fray, after 8 years sitting in my unused models folder.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 23, 2016, 05:27:54 AMReply #1

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: Behemoth
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:27:54 AM »
It is a bit box-y at the moment, but it will be great with some polish
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 23, 2016, 05:45:28 AMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 05:45:28 AM »
The model itself is not changing, and nothing is getting less boxy. Making things rounder requires more polies. It's over 7000 polies (for reference, AT-AT is about 4000), there's lots of round things on the model and that eats up polies incredibly fast.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:55:03 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 23, 2016, 06:36:26 AMReply #3

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 06:36:26 AM »
accepted...
I didn't knew EaW used so few...
No wonder it took me more than a month just to make the bottom half of the unit...
I finished at about 12-13k polies. though as you pointed out it must have had some hidden faults as I was a total begginer.
I think that would also put some unneeded pressure on the game engine...
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 23, 2016, 07:22:56 AMReply #4

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 07:22:56 AM »
This feels like a nice alternative for the PA and a Warlord or two.  I like.

May 23, 2016, 08:57:34 AMReply #5

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 08:57:34 AM »
Yeah, this'll make using the Warlords a lot more fun.  Because of their incredible focus on older tech in space (Muni's, Venators, Acclamators), I'd actually avoid giving this to the PA, I'd say they're differentiated enough and need no more CW-era tech (jedi tank is the only CW ground, yes?).
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 23, 2016, 09:01:44 AMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 09:01:44 AM »
Plan was going to be Zsinj and Maldrood, but Maldrood's unit list is pretty off the wall already so it'll likely be Zsinj and PA, with PA getting AT-ATs in the core.

May 23, 2016, 11:32:02 AMReply #7

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 11:32:02 AM »
Do they behave as AT-AT in game or more of a tank in nature?
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 23, 2016, 11:36:33 AMReply #8

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 11:36:33 AM »
Very nice. It's primary gun will also have a 360° range of fire too I'd imagine (another slight advantage to the AT-AT).
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 24, 2016, 07:37:30 PMReply #9

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 07:37:30 PM »
This looks great! Also a nice addition to Zsinj, whose ground looks rather similar to the Imperial Remnant in the faction profile, barring Nightsisters.

jedi tank is the only CW ground, yes?

Hailfires, ISPs, and LAATs as well. And sort of AT-PTs.

May 24, 2016, 07:48:04 PMReply #10

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 07:48:04 PM »
This looks great! Also a nice addition to Zsinj, whose ground looks rather similar to the Imperial Remnant in the faction profile, barring Nightsisters.

I think he gets 1-H tanks as well instead of 2-M
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!