Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: AJ's Defense Suggestions  (Read 2450 times)

May 18, 2016, 02:46:37 PM

A.J.

AJ's Defense Suggestions
« on: May 18, 2016, 02:46:37 PM »
So...I'm back! I'm not sure how you guys feel about other mods, or if it even registers to ya, but I have to tell you that I keep coming back to this one. I have a couple other Star Wars Sins mods of course, but I keep coming back to this one because the gameplay is just so smooth, I love the way your maps are set up, and the way that you're able to create multiple fleets like they would in the books/movies. The only other mod that I switch back and forth to a bit is the Interregnum mod, but I still keep coming back to this one. The reason I go back to that one isn't really the gameplay, just what they have in the mod, for instance the defenses are more "proper" in my mind. Don't get me wrong, unemployment in your guys' mod must be in the negatives with how many people need to man all those Golan Platforms. I'm not sure how many other people feel this way, but I think if you expanded the defenses category a bit more(i.e. keeping the platforms, but using rocket/laser turrets as the cheap defenses, and increasing the tac slots on the platforms), and maybe bringing back the hangar defense platforms. In relation to our earlier postings, I've developed a major soft spot for those XQ platforms that are used in the game, and think those would be awesome as both a repair and a hangar defense. Those are all just suggestions of course, and I wouldn't want to overwork you guys. I just have one last suggestion, and this is due to you converting me to the MK I, and I think you should switch the large laser damage with it's turbolaser damage, and make it the ship/platform killing beast I've come to love. Anyway, again, you guys have done amazing work, and as a huge Star Wars fan, I thank you.

May 20, 2016, 06:50:04 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: AJ's Defense Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 06:50:04 AM »
Welcome back!

I'm not sure how many other people feel this way, but I think if you expanded the defenses category a bit more(i.e. keeping the platforms, but using rocket/laser turrets as the cheap defenses, and increasing the tac slots on the platforms), and maybe bringing back the hangar defense platforms.

We'll be expanding defenses as we go, especially since this next release can just focus on fleshing out the factions and spaces we already have inganme, however one thing that won't include is individual laser/maser turrets. Frankly, they're just not powerful enough. Realistically the role they play in other mods is similar to the role Golan Is play in Ascendancy. A laser turret is only one weapon, and unless it's scaled to the proportion of the Visvia Trimasers, you're not getting much out of it. To put it in perspective, it's less than one tenth of the firepower of a Carrack Cruiser, without even taking into account the Carrack's ion cannons.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 02, 2016, 05:33:15 PMReply #2

A.J.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 05:33:15 PM »
That's understandable. That being the case, maybe just increase the Tac slots, and give the platforms more range. Just a thought. Also, I was going to re-bring up the warhead item I mentioned in my first post. I thought proton torpedoes and concussion missiles were more damaging that what seems to be the ratio on the game, so just thinking that maybe that damage could be upped. Also something I think would be cool, since it's in the description for the Victory I(I can't remember where), maybe there could be a researchable ability that would enable warhead carrying ships to be able to bombard an enemy planet with them for a short time, or something of that sort. Anyway, thanks again for all you guys(& gals) do!

January 02, 2017, 03:40:56 AMReply #3

Offline Papa Palps

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:40:56 AM »
That's understandable. That being the case, maybe just increase the Tac slots, and give the platforms more range. Just a thought. Also, I was going to re-bring up the warhead item I mentioned in my first post. I thought proton torpedoes and concussion missiles were more damaging that what seems to be the ratio on the game, so just thinking that maybe that damage could be upped. Also something I think would be cool, since it's in the description for the Victory I(I can't remember where), maybe there could be a researchable ability that would enable warhead carrying ships to be able to bombard an enemy planet with them for a short time, or something of that sort. Anyway, thanks again for all you guys(& gals) do!

I agree, physical damage needs to become relevant. :)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!