Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Issue I've been tracking  (Read 1999 times)

May 09, 2016, 11:45:10 AM

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Issue I've been tracking
« on: May 09, 2016, 11:45:10 AM »
This is something I'd notice, tell myself I had to look into it further, and then promptly forgetting about until the next time I played. On ground battles, when you lose over half of a unit you lose that unit. This is despite the fact that the victory screen may list no losses on your end. In most cases this is nothing more than a minor annoyance, but on early stages of FTGU it is a bit more than that. In addition, it can be an issue with multi-unit ground heroes (the two hero stormtrooper squads for the EotH for example). I can't remember if this happened with vanilla FoC, but my money would be on yes.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 09, 2016, 12:35:26 PMReply #1

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: Issue I've been tracking
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 12:35:26 PM »
If I know well, multy unit ground heroes are connected to the leader of the hero unit. You can lose all except the leader and you get them all back later if I know right, but I can be wrong though...
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 09, 2016, 05:51:52 PMReply #2

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 05:51:52 PM »
If I know well, multy unit ground heroes are connected to the leader of the hero unit. You can lose all except the leader and you get them all back later if I know right, but I can be wrong though...

If that is true, I wonder if the same happens with the standard ground units as well: one ends up designated as the "leader" of the unit, and when that one is destroyed it then loses them all.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 10, 2016, 04:42:13 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 04:42:13 AM »
Nothing is explicitly designated the leader in things like Aurek-Sevenm or Han-Chewie type situations. It's possible the game puts emphasis on the first one listed in the company, which would be LaRone and Shadow, but I don't pay enough attention (and haven't played with them in the last few years) so who knows.

What you're referring to is more true with space hero squadrons, which can have this in the individual fighter coding for the "hero" one:
      <Redirect_Damage_To_Teammates>Yes</Redirect_Damage_To_Teammates>

I seem to remember another line where if the person died, the squadron would too but I likely made that up.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:46:45 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 16, 2016, 04:19:25 AMReply #4

Offline PhoenixC279

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 04:19:25 AM »
I've actually seen that too, mostly when defending as NR early on. I've even come to expect it to happen when I defend. The report says you've list a single infantry platoon, but in the galaxy you lost all three and one of the two T2Bs. Even though I had most of them alive upon victory... is this what the battle attrition in the Gameconstants.xml means???

GrimDark Indeed

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!