Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Quick 2.2 Question  (Read 5488 times)

May 08, 2016, 11:55:07 AM

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Quick 2.2 Question
« on: May 08, 2016, 11:55:07 AM »
Hey mod team. First of all, having finished up my read-through of all the topics I missed while I was gone, I must say 2.2 looks like a most exciting update. However, I did have a question: will we have the regicide function that was tossed around pre-2.1 for the Imperial Remnant? While it is possible (and somewhat satisfying) to send Isard on pointless suicide runs, it is still a bit of an annoyance to get rid of her to get to the next era.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 08, 2016, 04:57:52 PMReply #1

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick 2.2 Question
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 04:57:52 PM »
Something like that would be good. It is annoying that I have to find a fleet large enough to kill Issard
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 08, 2016, 05:02:48 PMReply #2

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
You could do like a historic battle to get rid of it i.e. win at bilbringi and lose thrawn and inorder to not skip a stage have each planet locked till that era similar to byss.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

May 08, 2016, 05:20:39 PMReply #3

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 05:20:39 PM »
You could do like a historic battle to get rid of it i.e. win at bilbringi and lose thrawn and inorder to not skip a stage have each planet locked till that era similar to byss.
The reason it got removed from byss too is that if you play as remnant and don't lose Issard. you can't win.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 08, 2016, 07:03:22 PMReply #4

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 07:03:22 PM »
Yes but you can't win the gc if the era gets unlocked from conquering that planet.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

May 10, 2016, 05:11:28 AMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 05:11:28 AM »
Regicide is something I'd still like to try to do but by necessity, the era system is pretty much the definition of spaghetti coding and it would be very easy to break it in a frustrating way, so I've been holding off on it until the dust settles on more other stuff to even try it.

This tend to not work in a sandbox mode, especially in one where there's so many different ways for things to potentially play out. There's any combination of 9 different factions to take into account, and having historical battles like that depends on the right faction controlling the right planet at the right time to even potentially happen, and considering story scripting can ONLY be done with the first three factions (IR, EotH, NR) it's only even remotely possible in GCs where the player is playing as those factions. But, say by Era 2 the Pentastar Alignment, Duskhan League, Hapans, Hand, Maldrood or Eriadu control Bilbringi. Or say the Remnant does, and it's only of the other 7 that attacks instead of the NR. Or the NR heroes that would have been at that battle canonically (and therefore be there if we made it a scripted event) were dead and not there. There's no way we could make events like that happen and make sense without the correct heroes/factions being at the right place already, in which case why even bother scripting it?

This is why historical battles, if they were to be attempted, would be a much better skirmish thing. It's also why we've only tried to do heavily scripted missions/events in the GC with only two active factions (two of the three that can get story scripting), and it has to be events that could occur independent of player actions- the Battle of Bilbringi was the Battle of Bilbringi because that's where those people had that engagement, and that's where Thrawn ultimately died. The Katana Fleet would have been there regardless. In any given GC, any player could have their own "Battle of Bilbringi" (in terms of what made that engagement special) pretty much anywhere, like Coruscant or even somewhere really special like Polneye.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 12, 2016, 07:12:34 AMReply #6

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 07:12:34 AM »
This is why historical battles, if they were to be attempted, would be a much better skirmish thing.
Heh... wrong move, Corey  ;D
Star Wars, hystoric battle "GCs" which would work something like the Survival does, but you would get limited forces for the battle, so you would have to use them carefully to reach your objectives :D
Check, m8 :D
Ok, I'm just being evil here. Would be cool to see, but I also know you all have more important things to do and you need free time too.

May 12, 2016, 01:37:11 PMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 01:37:11 PM »
What would be the point of doing it that way? Even Survival is only done that way instead of being a skirmish battle because of technical reasons that necessitate it for its specific requirements, and doing an individual historical battle like that would only be necessary for a battle that required the same technical elements, which would be very few. You can easily set up a skirmish map with pre-determined units in pre-determined positions, and that's really all you need for that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:41:31 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 23, 2016, 10:30:09 AMReply #8

Offline Avarice1987

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 10:30:09 AM »
I hope we can see the Old VAliant Class in Service of Pentastar or Imperial

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Valiant-class_Star_Destroyer

July 23, 2016, 12:16:52 PMReply #9

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 12:16:52 PM »
The team doesn't use noncanonical/legendary units that other people made up, so that seems pretty unlikely.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:01:00 PM by Jorritkarwehr »

July 23, 2016, 12:24:36 PMReply #10

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »
Yeah the only fanon designs they use are EotH ships (of their own making), so pretty well I'd say the answer would be no, especially when there are so many Imperial designs that are canon.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

July 23, 2016, 05:19:54 PMReply #11

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 05:19:54 PM »
Plus
The 1.648 Meters-long Valiant
, what race could possibly crew a ship smaller than a fighter?  :)
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 23, 2016, 06:38:48 PMReply #12

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »
Plus , what race could possibly crew a ship smaller than a fighter?  :)

What is this, a Star Destroyer for ants?? It must be at least three times bigger!
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

July 24, 2016, 05:09:04 PMReply #13

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 05:09:04 PM »
it says 1.684 kilometers in the technical part of the description, so I assume the 1.684 meter is a typo.

July 25, 2016, 11:45:44 AMReply #14

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 11:45:44 AM »
Actually, it's probably just the wiki page having been edited by people from different parts of the world.  1.684m and 1.684km can be the exact same length, if the former is written by someone who uses . as the thousand separator and the latter written by someone who uses . as the decimal mark.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!