Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Interface at War mod - Changed faction colors for 2.2 - And other suggestions  (Read 4905 times)

March 27, 2016, 10:47:45 PM

Offline Weaver

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Coloring the galaxy
    • View Profile
Hey guys I am Supreme, creator of the Interface of War mod on the Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsempireatwar/mods/1/

My mod makes major interface changes to Thrawn's Revenge, including faction colors. I am putting in the suggestion that the faction colors be alterted a bit by some simple logic. In my interface mod, I changed the colors to better fit the faction and their laser colors.

The New Republic is now red-orange, to symbolize their lasers and their advancement from the all-red Alliance. The Empire is a brighter green. But the best change is that the Pentastar Alignment, my favorite faction, is now purple. I felt they were an oddball faction and needed a more royal color, as the blue was too dark and was not as much of a "fun" color.

I am now making a version 3 of this mod specifically for Thrawn's Revenge, since it's the only mod I like to play, and I was wanting your input. I also want to throw out there that it'd be cool if you changed the Pentastar's faction color.

I think the best color is either purple or periwinkle. You can actually see a periwinkle PA logo here: http://thrawnsrevenge.com/factions/pentastar-alignment

I think this is a more exciting color and differentiates the faction a bit, as I just never liked that dark dark blue.

That's my main input for 2.2, other than smaller projectiles (which you already are doing, I recall), a custom Visvia projectile (never heard if this was going to be implemented), and lastly SMALLER HARDPOINTS (make them 0.2 by default like Republic at War).

Thanks for listening and I would love to hear any further discussion on these subjects. Check out my mod if you like.

Interface at War mod - Changed faction colors for 2.2 - And other suggestions

This mod is a custom modification and was neither created nor is it supported by the Thrawn's Revenge team. The Thrawn's Revenge team is not responsible for any negative effects from installing these files nor can they be held responsible for fixing any issues which arise from them.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:12:45 PM by Corey »

March 28, 2016, 05:43:50 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Hey Supreme, a few things I would like to mention as far as the faction colours go. With the Pentastar Alignment, the choice was made to make it blue because, firstly, the available canonical image of the Pentastar Alignment logo is blue, for one thing, and the Empire has always been represented as a sort of navy blue or green. With the IR filling the green slot, we used the second one for the other big Imperial power. As for making it (or any other faction purple), there's already a purple faction, so that doesn't quite work.

With the red-orange New Republic, that puts it in the middle of a range which already includes the New Republic's current orange colour, the brown of the Warlords (Zsinj in 2.2), the yellow of the Duskhan League and the scarletish red of the 2.2 Maldrood faction. There are a lot of factions to consider when changing colours (two more in 2.2), and we have to not only make sure they are unique (and purple is far more suited to the Hapans than the PA. Can't really think of any reason for the PA to be purple), but also have to accommodate players who may have issues with colour blindness; we've had to revert some changes we've made in the past related to faction colours because we had reports from some users that they could no longer distinguish them.

Your colours, in general, do seem to be a bit brighter, which may be something worth looking into.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:38:39 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 29, 2016, 03:45:02 PMReply #2

Offline Weaver

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Coloring the galaxy
    • View Profile
To be honest I just wanted my favorite faction as purple because the navy is rather dark, and purple is also a color of royalty.

Anyway that's the colors for ya. The rest of the mod will be making better HD blobs, which should fit right in line with TR as I have it solely in mind, though it will work fine for FOC too.

March 30, 2016, 11:58:43 PMReply #3

Offline Weaver

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Coloring the galaxy
    • View Profile
I've grown fond of the Pentastar Alignment's original blue, but I do have one request, Corey. The text color needs to be lightened independent of the other colors so it is readable. This is a one-line fix.

Also, Interface of War Version 3 for Thrawn's Revenge has been released. See the screenshots and the readme for how it looks in-game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsempireatwar/mods/1?

Thanks to the TR team for making a mod that makes this game still playable after so much time. Looking forward to the Bellators in 2.2!

April 29, 2016, 10:25:14 PMReply #4

Offline palu

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
How do I install it? I put the files into my Imperial Civil War directory, but now when I start the game, crashes after the splash screen. (which is very nice, btw)

January 17, 2017, 12:53:08 PMReply #5

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
will you update this for 2.2? cause i would love to see that
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!