Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Thrawn's Rvenge Has A Serious Bug  (Read 2137 times)

March 18, 2016, 07:04:12 PM

Mysterious Gamer Dude

Thrawn's Rvenge Has A Serious Bug
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:04:12 PM »
Alright, well I was just having fun conquering the galaxy and all. Then when my planet was attacked and I clicked start, my game crashed. Well that's not where my problem lies, as I am used to this mod crashing on Galactic Conquest, and I had manually saved it before it crashed. My problem is when I relaunched the mod, when I clicked "Load" on the main menu, my save wasn't there. It had completely removed my save from the Load menu.

Well I went to the FoC game save folder and my save is still in the folder, but it is not showing up in the game or in the Thrawn's Revenge mod. This is very upsetting and I tried defreezing the save to see if it would do anything and it hasn't helped or changed anything in any way. It upsets me because I was doing very well in Galactic Conquest. And I probably won't play the mod anymore until I find a way to get my save back and fix this.

March 18, 2016, 10:28:40 PMReply #1

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Thrawn's Rvenge Has A Serious Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 10:28:40 PM »
If you are used to the mod crashing, something is already wrong, possibly with your install or system.  I've put literally hundreds of hours into ICW, and crashes are very rare (excluding the Ession bug) while I don't know that I've ever lost a named save (an autosave or three, sure).

Do a bit of troubleshooting (make sure everything's installed right, etc.) and give a new campaign a shot.  There is always an increased risk of bugs when modding games - if you keep doing so, you are going to have to get used to lost saves and other issues.  Couldn't tell you how many Skyrim campaigns I've lost due to a mod not breaking things until scripts go crazy 50 hours in on a character. ;)

March 19, 2016, 05:20:15 AMReply #2

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Thrawn's Rvenge Has A Serious Bug
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 05:20:15 AM »
Alright, well I was just having fun conquering the galaxy and all. Then when my planet was attacked and I clicked start, my game crashed. Well that's not where my problem lies, as I am used to this mod crashing on Galactic Conquest, and I had manually saved it before it crashed. My problem is when I relaunched the mod, when I clicked "Load" on the main menu, my save wasn't there. It had completely removed my save from the Load menu.

Well I went to the FoC game save folder and my save is still in the folder, but it is not showing up in the game or in the Thrawn's Revenge mod. This is very upsetting and I tried defreezing the save to see if it would do anything and it hasn't helped or changed anything in any way. It upsets me because I was doing very well in Galactic Conquest. And I probably won't play the mod anymore until I find a way to get my save back and fix this.
I had the same Bug as you.
But this Bug is not specific to the Mod, it is a Bug specific to the Game.
I had this Bug in at least 2 Mods.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!