Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Megador and Dominion  (Read 13524 times)

March 02, 2016, 08:13:15 PM

Offline GEARREX_11

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Megador and Dominion
« on: March 02, 2016, 08:13:15 PM »
Hello all I just wanted to get some ideas from everyone on the SSD Megador and the SSD Dominion. What do you guys think they were? what did they look like? I love SSDs so the idea of 2 that I cant get a picture of in my head is driving me nuts. Here is what I can infer myself.
1. Both combined are large enough and have enough firepower to push back an Executor class SSD as evident in the battle of Anx Minor when these two ships managed to beat back the SSD Guardian until Ackbar destroyed the Experimental weapons testbed EF-X causing it to detonate and blow up 6 ISDs and damage Megador.
2. Dominion for some reason seems to lack a hangar as evident when it was destroyed by a mass kamikaze Starfighter attack with ease.
3. Megador has a special command bridge that allows its commanders to get a better 360 degree view of fleet maneuvers implying its bridge is not the standard Kuat drive yards T tower bridge which has a rear blindspot.
That's all I can manage hopefully someone else can help me figure out a little bit more about these ships.

March 03, 2016, 09:01:34 AMReply #1

Offline PhoenixC279

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Megador and Dominion
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 09:01:34 AM »
Yes this is something I've thought of before myself just never asked about it.
Ok. so I read on the subject, The Megador also seems to sport at least 51 fighter bays and 16 Ion engines. This rules out most if not all already established Star Dreadnoughts. So we'll most likely have to come up with our own design. But judging by it coming from the empire it is almost guaranteed that they are either wedge or arrowhead shaped like most other star dreadnoughts.
However there is absolutely no hints whatsoever on the Dominion's design aside from that it is somewhere between 5000 and 19000 meters from bow to stern due to being a star dreadnought, so I'll focus on the Megador.
Ok so it has a dome shaped bridge or at least a dome shaped section of the bridge with view ports for all sides excluding down for maximum field of vision, It has at least 51 fighter bays and 16 Ion engines. So I'm going to go and try to come up with something and post it later if you wish.

GrimDark Indeed

March 03, 2016, 01:38:57 PMReply #2

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 01:38:57 PM »
Could be they're one of many types of known Super Star Destroyer (e.g. Executor, Assertor), or they could be Mandator III's or similar.  Hell, what's to say they aren't more of the one-of-class vessels produced off the books by KDY.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

March 03, 2016, 03:39:07 PMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 03:39:07 PM »
I always assumed they were prototypes that Harrsk got his hands on from the remnants of Shadow Hand. I figured together they were equal to an Executor class but on their own clearly weaker. I figured them as suped up Battle cruisers
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 03, 2016, 05:56:10 PMReply #4

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 05:56:10 PM »
I'd bet on one of them being a Mandator III.  The other possibly an older Mandator II, or possibly even Bellator since we don't know for certain that Canonincally the Bellator possessed fighter bays.  The Mandator III would be able to hold it's own against the Executor for a while (one would assume given it's ~60% the size, so add in a Bellator or an Assertor and you'd definitely be beating a single Executor. 
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 03, 2016, 09:06:07 PMReply #5

Offline GEARREX_11

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »
I would see Megador as being a ship at least 12-19 kms in length It seems very well armed and the number of fighter bays would imply it is quite sizable and it even has 3 more engines than the Executor. I think perhaps it is a more fighter oriented version of the Executor with less firepower in exchange for more speed and a great fighter compliment. With a modified bridge to boot. Dominion might be something like a smaller version of the Assertor as it clearly is capable in a gunnery duel as it was able to face off with an executor class dreadnaught, but it really seems to lack a hangar making it more vulnerable. It would appear to be smaller than the Megador so I would say if I had to put an exact figure on it Megador 15km Dominion 8km. This is just my theory. although it is possible for the Dominion to be larger I think this figure seems right because if it was larger than 8km Lusankya would have been pasted when it faced off against Reaper and Dominion who had it trapped with gravity wells for a while before it was able to find a hole in the gravity field.

March 04, 2016, 12:14:42 AMReply #6

Offline GEARREX_11

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 12:14:42 AM »
Pheonix, man if you can make a picture I salute you. I have no graphic design skills whatsoever :(. Megador is probably one of my favorite SSDs, but I never have had any idea what it looks like so if you can shed some light on this then I will be eternally grateful :).

March 04, 2016, 12:43:04 AMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 12:43:04 AM »
This is just my theory. although it is possible for the Dominion to be larger I think this figure seems right because if it was larger than 8km Lusankya would have been pasted

This is just a misprint. The Lusankya was 19 KM long. Same as the Executor, Reaper and Brawl(Iron Fist) as the four of them were the first of the Executor class and were identical in designs.

March 04, 2016, 08:55:46 PMReply #8

Offline GEARREX_11

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 08:55:46 PM »
Oh you misinterpreted what I was saying. I was saying DOMINION was around 8km in length. Lusankya is a ship I am very familiar with so I know what it is and how long it was. What I was referring to was the fact that Dominion and Reaper both faced off against Lusankya and had it trapped. If Dominion was above 8km in length the amount of firepower it would have had plus Reaper commanded by Pelleon himself beating on Lusankya would have destroyed it. The fact that Lusankya escaped implies that Dominion is a smaller sized dreadnaught, but still a force to be reckoned with. Megador seems larger as well based on not only the number of engines and hangars it has, but also Pelleon chose it as his flagship implying that it is larger than Dominion and thus a more suitable flagship. Also Megador was used to bolster Darth Ceadus's fleet during the second Galactic Civil War, but Dominion was left to the Moffs implying it was a smaller and thus inferior ship otherwise it would have joined Ceadus rather than Megador.

March 05, 2016, 05:30:47 AMReply #9

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 05:30:47 AM »
Oh you misinterpreted what I was saying. I was saying DOMINION was around 8km in length. Lusankya is a ship I am very familiar with so I know what it is and how long it was. What I was referring to was the fact that Dominion and Reaper both faced off against Lusankya and had it trapped. If Dominion was above 8km in length the amount of firepower it would have had plus Reaper commanded by Pelleon himself beating on Lusankya would have destroyed it. The fact that Lusankya escaped implies that Dominion is a smaller sized dreadnaught, but still a force to be reckoned with. Megador seems larger as well based on not only the number of engines and hangars it has, but also Pelleon chose it as his flagship implying that it is larger than Dominion and thus a more suitable flagship. Also Megador was used to bolster Darth Ceadus's fleet during the second Galactic Civil War, but Dominion was left to the Moffs implying it was a smaller and thus inferior ship otherwise it would have joined Ceadus rather than Megador.

Ah I see what you were saying now.
One thing I would disagree with. Pellaeon(and indeed a few imperial commanders) didn't always pick the largest ship as their flagship. Pellaeon apparently had both Megador and Dominion during the Vong war but instead chose Right to Rule an old Impstar and before that was commanding the Chimaera(Though i think that was out of sentimental value)
I do agree that Megador seems larger by description and outfitting. She also makes a better command ship due to her bridge design and control centers for fighters and other fleet elements.

March 07, 2016, 01:37:19 AMReply #10

Offline PhoenixC279

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 01:37:19 AM »
Pheonix, man if you can make a picture I salute you. I have no graphic design skills whatsoever :(. Megador is probably one of my favorite SSDs, but I never have had any idea what it looks like so if you can shed some light on this then I will be eternally grateful :).
I came, I tried, and I failed miserably.
Jokes aside, I myself am absolutely worthless when it comes to graphic design snd the only thing I managed is a semi half-decent handmade sketch. I can try again later today but I won't promise anything  :)

GrimDark Indeed

March 07, 2016, 02:18:13 PMReply #11

Offline GEARREX_11

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 02:18:13 PM »
Its ok man don't sweat it I am grateful that you tried though.  :)

March 08, 2016, 03:31:18 AMReply #12

Offline PhoenixC279

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 03:31:18 AM »
Thanks ;)
Though I'm still trying again, because I really want to have a design myself. Though as it looks right now, think of an extemely large Endurance-Class Fleet Carrier with a wider frame, more centrally located engines, and a transparisteel dome on top of the bridge tower

GrimDark Indeed

March 08, 2016, 10:24:24 PMReply #13

Offline GEARREX_11

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 10:24:24 PM »
I just found out something interesting that might shed some more light on what these ships might look like. Dominion and Megador are both referred to as super class star destroyers which is another name for the Executor class. This means they are similar in shape to the Executor. So Megador could be a around 15km Executor hull with 16 engines and a redesigned underside to house its 51 hangar bays. The bridge could be similar to the standard T tower bridge it could be something like the Vindicator class heavy cruiser bridge, but with a small bulge in the middle of the bridge tower where the dome for the commanders to view fleet actions are. Dominion could be a hanger-less version of the Executor with more guns instead, but only around 8km in length.

March 08, 2016, 10:37:19 PMReply #14

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 10:37:19 PM »
Super-class never actually existed.  It was developed solely for 2 reasons.  Hiding the TRUE budget of the Executor, and spreading misinformation about the Executor.  There was no REAL super class destroyers made as there is no real super-class in order to produce a ship of the class.

It therefore became sort of a "catch-all" class for anything lthat was star-dreadnought sized for the rebellion.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 09, 2016, 12:53:32 AMReply #15

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 12:53:32 AM »
Super-class never actually existed.  It was developed solely for 2 reasons.  Hiding the TRUE budget of the Executor, and spreading misinformation about the Executor.  There was no REAL super class destroyers made as there is no real super-class in order to produce a ship of the class.

It therefore became sort of a "catch-all" class for anything lthat was star-dreadnought sized for the rebellion.
Fun fact the Super Star Destroyers drew a lot of inspiration from the Imperial Japanese Navy's two Super Battleships Yamato and Musashi. Their basic concept, the secrecy and mislabling to hide their true scope until they were revealed and even how the first SSD secretly had a twin minted out all mirror the Yamato class.

March 09, 2016, 02:29:06 PMReply #16

Offline GEARREX_11

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
I get what you are saying and I knew that. I should have been a bit more specific, but it was late and I was tired so just kinda hashed the post together. What I was trying to get across was I think that they may have been very similar in shape to a Executor class as this was the most common class of SSD. Megador could have been an attempt to make a more carrier oriented version of the Executor while also staying smaller and having more engines to make it more maneuverable. Dominion could have been a small version of the Executor with its hangar dispensed with to try and give it more fire power for its size since the little information we have on it implies it is a smaller dreadnaught in the 8km range. but as always this is just a guess so take it with a grain of salt.

December 10, 2016, 10:20:23 PMReply #17

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 10:20:23 PM »
You know I think they are Prototype Classes too making a Mk2 Executor.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

December 11, 2016, 01:32:29 AMReply #18

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 01:32:29 AM »
Almost guaranteed that one of them was a Mandator-III

December 18, 2016, 07:52:59 PMReply #19

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 07:52:59 PM »
Almost guaranteed that one of them was a Mandator-III
I think your right but the other one was. .... ok one these three choice 1. a Bellator Class 2. A Executor Prototype or 3. A Assertor class. What do you think it was?.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!