Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Imperial Remnant play through bugs  (Read 3030 times)

February 27, 2016, 02:17:26 AM

Offline Delta11

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Imperial Remnant play through bugs
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:17:26 AM »
Howdy Corey,

I am about halfway through a 3v3 scenario against the AI in: United Front(the 128 planet map). I have run across a few things that you guys might want to look into:

1) The remant's interdictor cruisers are freezing up after I successful use their interdict ability; I end up having to scuttle the cruisers and rebuild them to allow my fleet to advance with interdictor capabilities. Also, I said "successful use their interdict ability" because I am noticing that even after manually stopping the cruisers and firing the move, rebel ships still are jumping to hyperspace from within the interdictors established field; meanwhile, the Sovereign SSD interdictor field is like a roving net that doesn't let a single ship leave.
   2) The Imperial Altor Support Ship's abilities are not leveling higher, save for their invicible bubble shield ability. Their Starfighter supply and healing move do NOT level up any higher than the first command level(or is at least listed that way).
   3) The AI, I'm noticing, is not focused on conquering a system when it attacks, now granted I never expect much from the sins AI to begin with whenever I play; but I have sat down and watch my ally AI and an enemy AI just travel off halfway between their planets fighting well beyond the graviy well to chase down single ships, which ends up parazling both for hours(I shit you not, wiped out 1 AI and crippled a second in the time it took my ally to begin fighting within the gravity well of pantolumin).
   4) In the match the match I am referencing, I have uncovered 6 artifacts(holocrons) 3 in my original starting area in the trailing outer rim(Eriadu/Endor area) and the exact same 3 in the core/chiss regions of space. Now my territory is not connected I have my ally cutting right across the galaxy dividing these two parts of my empire, but I am frustrated by the fact that I have uncovered the exact same 3 artifacts a second time as I attempt to expand past the Galactic core to meet up with my ally in the Oversector Outer(Bastion/Muunilinst area). I don't ever remember seeing that in the original game or any other mod(0.95 included).
   5) The last thing I have noticed is that my Lancer frigates are just running off ahead of my fleet and to their extremely quick deaths by attepting to act like a heavy shirmish line. Is there a way to cod it so that they instead are within the fleets formation(where they are deployed canonically) so they aren't decimated in withing the first few opening salvos of battle.

That was all the bugs that I have so far. I'll post up again if I run across anymore. I do have a technical question, as well: I'm getting about 4-5 frames a second in that match is there anyway you know that I can boost that up(besides turning off ship icons and other add-ons). Granted, I'm playing on a massive map with a laptop; but I've never had much in the way of graphics lag in the vanilla game before this. Any ideas you have on to help solve that would be appreciated.

Very respectfully,

Delta11

February 27, 2016, 12:22:17 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Remnant play through bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »
1.  This is correct.  Upon activating their gravity wells, the Immobilizer was canonically (or legendarily) unable to move as all power to engines was rerouted to the gravity wells.  Upon cooldown of the ability, launching it a second time (thus turning off the gravity wells) will allow them to move.
2.  This is as intended.
3.  Someone found the cause of this.  Don't remember what it was or if it has been fixed.
4.  ??  Not seen this myself.
5.  Lancers autotarget fighters.  You can set their engagement range to "local area" if you don't want them actively hunting down fighters.  I actually prefer this, as many fleets ignore the corvettes if there are capitals in the gravity well (AI is slavishly predictable in attacking capital ships to the exclusion of anything else)
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 27, 2016, 12:26:47 PMReply #2

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 12:26:47 PM »
I think artefacts/holocrons will be revisited in later versions of the mod. They weren't really a priority for 1.0.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

February 27, 2016, 12:34:06 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 12:34:06 PM »
   3) The AI, I'm noticing, is not focused on conquering a system when it attacks, now granted I never expect much from the sins AI to begin with whenever I play; but I have sat down and watch my ally AI and an enemy AI just travel off halfway between their planets fighting well beyond the graviy well to chase down single ships, which ends up parazling both for hours(I shit you not, wiped out 1 AI and crippled a second in the time it took my ally to begin fighting within the gravity well of pantolumin).
3.  Someone found the cause of this.  Don't remember what it was or if it has been fixed.

We've known the cause of this for a long time; it happens when a ship is missing a spawn bone for fighters, so they spawn at the map origin. We've fixed it wherever we've found it, but if we don't catch a specific ship doing it, we can't know for sure which the culprits are.

4) In the match the match I am referencing, I have uncovered 6 artifacts(holocrons) 3 in my original starting area in the trailing outer rim(Eriadu/Endor area) and the exact same 3 in the core/chiss regions of space. Now my territory is not connected I have my ally cutting right across the galaxy dividing these two parts of my empire, but I am frustrated by the fact that I have uncovered the exact same 3 artifacts a second time as I attempt to expand past the Galactic core to meet up with my ally in the Oversector Outer(Bastion/Muunilinst area). I don't ever remember seeing that in the original game or any other mod(0.95 included).

We've removed a lot of the base game ones because we're going to start working on our own.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:36:01 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 11, 2016, 05:13:02 PMReply #4

JurisDocta

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 05:13:02 PM »
There is an issue also with dreadnought cruiser not firing.

March 11, 2016, 10:34:27 PMReply #5

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 10:34:27 PM »
I want to say I think that's been fixed.  There were a LOT of ships not firing after a few changes.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!