Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Eclipse vs Executor  (Read 11732 times)

February 20, 2016, 03:55:32 PMReply #20

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse vs Executor
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2016, 03:55:32 PM »
That is how you want to beat the Eclipse, that and combined with the title i wanted to make a general statement, what is possible and what not.

Because always remember:

No Plan survives the first contact with the Enemy.

February 20, 2016, 04:21:36 PMReply #21

Offline Goldzeoranger

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • Gold Ranger Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 04:21:36 PM »
that is true and I have read the book Art of war so I know what both ships can do but I blieve the shield be weak at the engines and with them weak by the engines being on then I can punch a hole in there and knock out her power what give me the upper hand in the battle. with the engines on the shield be weaken a bit by the power of the engines ie thrust of them that if a focus fire well all weapons on it there with make a hole to were I can take out a few and with the few out she lose some power supply to the shields or engines or weapon or the super weapon give me the upper hand in the fight. And beside now matter what kinda of ship it is every ship is weak at the rear no matter what they are. 
"Si Vis pacem para ballum" "Stranger passing by go tell the Spartan that here obedient to their laws we lie."
"Do or do not there is no try - Grand Jedi Master Yoda"

December 01, 2016, 05:18:32 PMReply #22

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2016, 05:18:32 PM »
you guys are forgetting, this game does a poor portrayal of the Eclipse's power, it's huge shield, and it's mass of armor. plus, it had more firepower then the Executor in all ways. while the Eclipse has less guns the Executor, true, it would keep those guns operational longer because of the super strong shields. there is no way an Executor could beat eclipse 1v1, eclipse is by far superior.

now, that said, most of the time massive fleets are based around them, and they fight as well. so, depending on fleet size and Compostion, plus tactics, an Executor fleet could beat a Eclipse fleet, but not in a 1v1 battle

{edit: though that i've done more research, i want to show this, which recently put on the Moddb page for the Vader's New Order: Empire Surrounded mod. this is what i put}:

Eclipse and Executor serve different purposes. while the 19 km Executor is supposed to be a fleet flagship/centerpiece, the Eclipse was supposed to be the final culmination of the Tarkin doctrine.

Executor is the most mass-produced SSD in galactic histroy. with at least 15 built, with more rumored to exist, they were 19km long and 4km across. the vessels were armed with 2,000 turbolasers, 2,000 heavy turbolasers, 500 ion cannons, and 500 concussion missile launchers, plus 40 tractor beams. they normal held 2 wings of Tie fighters, but could hold up to 20 wings of fighters. the also carried 5 legions of stormtroopers, 38,000 ground troops. to support those, they had 30 AT-ATs, 40 AT-STs, 5 pre fabricated bases, and all the ships to take them down to the ground. not counting stormtroopers, the Executor normally had a crew of 280,000 + men. the ship held enough consumables for 4 years

there were multiple variations of this SSD class. notable ones were Knight Hammer, Terror, and others. this was the most widely used SSD as well, as notable users were the Imperial Remnant, Zsinj's empire, the Pentastar Alignment, the Eriadu Authority, Warlord Drommel, the Duskhan League, and even the New Republic. the last executor, Guardian, was the only one to survive the Yuuzhan Vong war, though it's fate afterwards is unknown.

the Eclipse was the ultimate Terror weapon ever made. 17.5km long, it had 1 weapon that made it truly fearsome, nevermind anything else: an Axial superlaser capable of cracking planets crusts and targeting and destroying even SSDs in 1 blast. it's armor was so thick and strong that the Eclipse could just ram opponents and destroy them. it also came equipped with 4 gravity well generators. armed with 550 heavy laser cannons, 500 turbolasers, 75 ion cannons, and 100 tractor beams, it relied more on the superlaser/shields/armor to destroy fleets. normal aircraft composition was 50 squadrons of Tie interceptors, and 8 squadrons of bombers. it also held 100 AT-AT walkers, and 5 pre-fabricated bases. it also held 150,000 stormtroopers. it's crew, not including troops, was 704,000+.

only 2 were ever made. 1 was destroyed in one of Palpatine's own force storms. the other one was destroyed after Palpatine's final death. hijacked by R2-D2, it was rammed headlong into the galaxy gun, which resulted in the destruction of Eclipse II, the galaxy gun, Byss, and the entire Byss defense fleet.

palpatine also made 4 Sovereign class SSDs, with more planned. these were the production variants of eclipse, with less armament, armor, shields, and a weaker superlaser. all 4 were destroyed by the Destruction of Byss.

in a fight, if the Executor was in front of the eclipse, the eclipse would win. but, if the executor was alongside or behind the eclipse, the the likely result would be the Eclipse's eventually destruction. while video games aren't always the best at portraying it, the eclipse's superlaser could only fire about twenty degrees away from where the bow of the ship was pointing. so, if the Executor captain was smart and got his ship alongside the eclipse, the likely result would be the destruction of Palpatine's pride and joy
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:39:31 PM by DarthRevansRevenge »
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

July 19, 2017, 03:07:09 PMReply #23

Offline The Fist Of Justice

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • I will build an Empire to conquer all Empires.
    • View Profile
    • That EAW Imgur profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 03:07:09 PM »
Executor would win why is it has enough raw fire power to wipe out navy's single handle and with the tie fighters and bombers she win in a fight, this is how I do it stay be hide the Eclipse and have all my guns power fire at here engines and I be having my ship vertically 90° down so all my guns can hit and if need be able to jump out and jump back in right behind her aging never facing her bow.

While it is an unlikely scenario, it's nice to see someone who favors the Executor more than the Eclipse.
Commander of the Strike Cruiser Relentless. Soon the leader of a new Empire.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!