Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Ascendancy 1.0 Open Beta Release  (Read 4953 times)

February 04, 2016, 08:52:49 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Ascendancy 1.0 Open Beta Release
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:52:49 PM »
...Ascendancy 1.0 Beta Release...

While the Moff Council and the New Republic have begun their bids for control of the galaxy, in the Outer Rim and beyond, more contenders await their chance to strike. Can the Empire of the Hand unite the galaxy against the impending external threats, or will the Pentastar Alignment find the opportune moment to strike and establish a new form of Imperial galactic leadership?

Keep in mind, the mod is still in development, and part of the point of our iterative release model is to get feedback on features as we develop the mod (and therefore, for example, older factions will tend to be more polished/finalized than newer ones). If you have any feedback or suggestions for what you want to see, or just want to discuss the mod and your strategy, head over to our forums or ModDB profile.

...For Those New To Ascendancy...
Play as the New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Empire of the Hand or Pentastar Alignment in the post-Endor Star Wars galaxy, each with unique ship rosters, abilities, playstyles and tech trees.
Conquer the Star Wars Galaxy on several maps with various configurations, featuring several new planet types and canon planet placements.
Completely redesigned UI, and overhauled graphical effects.
Several overhauled and all-new gameplay mechanics, ship systems degrading with damage, and the ability to entirely destroy planets.

...New in 1.0...
Two new playable factions added: Empire of the Hand and Pentastar Alignment
Several new and redone units for the Remnant and New Republic, including the Allegiance Star Destroyer and Dauntless Heavy Cruiser
New tech for Remnant and New Republic
AI and Performance improvements
New map: Fool's Bargain, 8 players, 89 planets
Warlord Zsinj as a neutral hero on Dathomir in Unified Front
Bug Fixes & other changes, see below

For a more comprehensive overview, see here.

[Download Ascendancy 1.0 for Rebellion 1.82 (Steam) - Zip - ModDB]
[Download Ascendancy 1.0 for Rebellion 1.83 Beta (Steam Opt-In, GoG) - Zip - ModDB]
Keep in mind, Sins is updating to v1.83 soon, so this version is acting as a chance for us to collect feedback to release the "full" 1.0 on the final 1.83 patch for Sins.

Before playing the mod to increase stability, also enable Large Address Aware to bypass Sins' 2GB memory limit issues. LAA is included in the download, simply open it, set the mode to basic, find your Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.exe file and click the box to enable large address aware, then save. This only needs to be done once, so if you have already done it for other mods you can skip this step.

...Game Nights...
In order to facilitate multiplayer matches with our players, we'll be doing community game nights on predetermined weekends with Ascendancy players and developers. If you follow our Steam group or join the forums below, events will be posted in advance. We'll be shuffling around time zones to allow as many people to play as possible.

That's all for now. Hope you enjoy 1.0, we'll have information coming soon on 1.1 and Imperial Civil War 2.2

Follow Ascendancy
Forums - Facebook - Steam Group - Youtube - Mod DB - Twitter

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:09:37 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 04, 2016, 10:58:40 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pending] Ascendancy 1.0 Release
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:58:40 PM »
Also, will be release-night streaming at www.hitbox.tv/CoreyLoses from 6pm EST on.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 05, 2016, 01:45:50 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 01:45:50 PM »
YAY!!!!!  Sucks that you're too far east, I don't get home from work till you're almost finished the streaming.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 05, 2016, 02:10:07 PMReply #3

Offline Goldzeoranger

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • Gold Ranger Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 02:10:07 PM »
when he let out the build he gave shack it was at the end
"Si Vis pacem para ballum" "Stranger passing by go tell the Spartan that here obedient to their laws we lie."
"Do or do not there is no try - Grand Jedi Master Yoda"

February 05, 2016, 02:34:48 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 02:34:48 PM »
Well as tester Miller's been playing 1.0 builds since the day 0.95 came out so I don't think he's too concerned about that. Either way, I should be going for quite some time tonight.

February 05, 2016, 03:00:53 PMReply #5

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 03:00:53 PM »
Cool, maybe I'll be in time to check some out.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 05, 2016, 03:57:42 PMReply #6

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: [Pending] Ascendancy 1.0 Open Beta Release
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 03:57:42 PM »
It begins
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 18, 2016, 08:46:36 PMReply #7

Offline Cdodders

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendancy 1.0 Open Beta Release
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 08:46:36 PM »
Loving this so much, was playing PA and was killing the FPS I had so many ships out, it was an 8 faction game and only one had been destroyed by that point!!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!