Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Do you want a bug list for preview 1.0  (Read 8697 times)

January 31, 2016, 01:30:09 AM

Offline capshades

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-2
    • View Profile
Do you want a bug list for preview 1.0
« on: January 31, 2016, 01:30:09 AM »
Do you guys want a bug report for the preview of 1.0 y'all posted on Saturday, or is that a pre-bug tested version?  Found a lot of text and possible pathing errors in the research tree.

January 31, 2016, 01:57:49 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you want a bug list for preview 1.0
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 01:57:49 AM »
Sure. If there's prereqs that aren't meant to be there that's one thing though. Other than that, a lot of the prereqs aren't set up, especially for the two new factions.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:59:34 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 01, 2016, 12:36:51 AMReply #2

Offline capshades

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 12:36:51 AM »
New Republic:
Units:
Bothan Assault Cruiser > description > Misleading, I'm pretty sure that's something someone made up on wookieepedia, since the BAC was never used by the empire
Endurance Fleet Carrier > description > New Class Modernization Program, not New Class programme (also spelling)
Smuggler's Den > description > No clue what this does

Research:
Expanded Trade > description > "more powerful cargo"?  Larger or more expensive cargo is more grammatically correct
Fortifications > description > says increases slots for Remnant planets, but is new republic tech

Empire of the Hand:
Research:
Hyperspace Monitors > Appears to be two copies of the same research, one after the other, same price & description
Nirauan Archives > Missing research icon
Krsiss Clawcract > Missing research icon
Scarsiss Interceptor > Missing research icon
Micro Jump > Missing research icon
Hyperdrive Upgrade > description > No need to end with "apparently"
Gravitational Compensators > Red negative number for "Gravity tolerance increase," when it should kind of be the opposite.  I didn't test the functionality, it might just be the game's weird research logic

Imperial Remnant:
Units:
Allegiance Star Destroyer > description > should start with "A," not "An"
Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer > abilities > Overwhelm > description > String Not Found

Research:
Improved Targeting Computers > effects > listed Starbases improved is just ","
Improved Turbolasers > description > same issue as above, column 4 and column 6 have the same title, and both have "String Not Found" for descriptions
Thrawn Doctrine > effects > no listed effects, just in description

Pentastar Alignment:
Units:
Naval Command Station > both UI and galaxy icons are for the galaxy gun, and upgrades menu tab is still "? ? ?"

Research:
Free Hyperspace > functionality > Not sure if this is a bug for it showing up at all, or if the other 3 factions are supposed to have it
Enforcer > Missing research icon
V-19 Torrent > Missing research icon
PowerOn > effects > column 2 tech listed Starbases improved is just "," & (possible bug) column 4 tech excludes titans/capitals/starbases

All:
Research:
Pallaeon-Gavrisom Treaty > description > negating, not negatinb

Emblem for Durasteel Extractor is the same one for the Tibanna Extractor

Possible: Are the game loading splash screens supposed to represent the faction you're playing?  I know you can do it (SOGE did it) but I wasn't sure if it was meant to, cause they’re not currently matching the player’s faction.

Possible: While I know it was probably done to balance out other effects, I’d like to point out that the Imperial Remnant’s Infrastructure tech only gives 4 more logistical slots per planet, where as all 3 of the other faction’s techs give 6 more logistical slots.

Possible: Similarly, the Imperial Remnant seems to get the short end of the stick for carrier frigates as well.  It has the same or less fighter capacity (72) as the other faction’s carriers (48, 72, 84)(I count the Quasar as equal cause of the superiority of their fighters), lesser firepower ([6,1]) than the other faction’s carriers ([20],[6,30,2],[30,17]), but still uses more fleet supply (5) than the other faction’s carriers (4,4,4).  Seems that it should consume at least the same amount of fleet supply, or even less due to the disparity of firepower between the ships.  I know the reason for the IR having more fleet supply is so that they can field larger numbers of their weaker ships, but that doesn’t help if their ships are more expensive in terms of fleet supply.

I’ll add more bugs as I find them (1/31/2016 @11:36PM)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:33:24 AM by capshades »

February 01, 2016, 01:36:38 AMReply #3

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 01:36:38 AM »
Regarding the BAC, the Victory Star Destroyer was used by the New Republic, and while Dark Tide 1 doesn't explicitly say the BAC was designed to replace the Vic, it is directly compared to the Vic in terms of mass, firepower and shielding.  The implication that it was designed to supplant the Vic is pretty clear.

February 01, 2016, 04:09:52 AMReply #4

Offline capshades

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 04:09:52 AM »
Getting a very strange fighter bug.  I noticed earlier that several squadrons of enemy fighters were coming in from a non-connected planet, then I noticed later that one of my TIE squadrons was going off into space to attack...nothing, and nothing that was outside the galaxy.

February 01, 2016, 02:21:45 PMReply #5

Offline Aden

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »
In a game as the New Republic the game actually crashes when I take Bakura in a backwater game.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:07:48 PM by Aden »

February 01, 2016, 05:41:34 PMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 05:41:34 PM »
Thank you for the reports.

Aden, If it's crashing, are you sure you have LAA enabled?

And Capshades, I mentioned some of this stuff on stream, but in case you missed that part; we're aware of the missing icons, and the fighters doing that is because of a ship missing a hangar bone, I've just been looking to find out which ship it is. If you notice that again, try to see if there's any ships you have in the area that don't seem to actually launch their fighters [Edit: Found it, Proficient broke after getting re-exported].

Anything that has the same tooltip and icon isn't a bug, it means it's two tiers of a tech that upgrades the same thing. As I also said, one of the last things we're doing is clarifying text for tech where the ship's ingame generators don't make the effects clear, which can be the case for one or two of those techs.

Possible: Are the game loading splash screens supposed to represent the faction you're playing?  I know you can do it (SOGE did it) but I wasn't sure if it was meant to, cause they’re not currently matching the player’s faction.

They're not meant to.

Possible: While I know it was probably done to balance out other effects, I’d like to point out that the Imperial Remnant’s Infrastructure tech only gives 4 more logistical slots per planet, where as all 3 of the other faction’s techs give 6 more logistical slots.

Currently intended, may change eventually if it becomes a problem, but that's one of their faction things.

Misleading, I'm pretty sure that's something someone made up on wookieepedia, since the BAC was never used by the empire

The description doesn't really say that the BAC was, simply that it's replacing the VSD, which is its closest role counterpart, and which had also been used by the New Republic (and later, GFFA) to some extent.

New Class Modernization Program, not New Class programme

The full name is New Class Modernization Project, which is often shortened to the New Class program or project. And keep in mind, the people doing the majority of that side of the mods (Slornie and myself) are Canadian/British and will therefore use words like programme or colour.

Gravitational Compensators > Red negative number for "Gravity tolerance increase," when it should kind of be the opposite.  I didn't test the functionality, it might just be the game's weird research logic

Yeah, it's kinda weird but not really anything we can do about it, same with the PowerOn starbase lists and Thrawn Doctrine effect listing and whatnot. That kind of thing is generated automatically by the engine, so we can't really change how it displays, or whether it displays, especially for techs that function via unlocking an ability on something else (Thrawn Doctrine, Primary Industry). I've checked the functionality and how it compares against base tech using the same string, and it seems to work though.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:17:17 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 01, 2016, 06:37:43 PMReply #7

Offline Aden

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 06:37:43 PM »
Aden, If it's crashing, are you sure you have LAA enabled?
It's kind of hard to not know to enable LAA, but I did double check it to be sure and yeah, it was enabled. I was pretty surprised, all the time I've put into .95 I've never crashed, but here I am on the 1.00 preview.

I took the save and even used it on another computer and still had the crash, I can upload it if you like.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:47:21 PM by Aden »

February 01, 2016, 07:46:48 PMReply #8

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 07:46:48 PM »
Sure. Did you start the game on this build, or is it a save from a previous build? I'll have to look at that map, cause its the only one we've had any crashing reports on whatsoever, so there may be something wrong with it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:50:31 PM by Corey »

February 01, 2016, 08:14:28 PMReply #9

Offline Aden

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 08:14:28 PM »
Sure. Did you start the game on this build, or is it a save from a previous build? I'll have to look at that map, cause its the only one we've had any crashing reports on whatsoever, so there may be something wrong with it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Pmpk4b_hdtTXpSazN2VGJqTGc/view?usp=sharing

Started on this build of 1.00 (I know it's older since Sovereign destroys planets) today.

February 01, 2016, 09:13:11 PMReply #10

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 09:13:11 PM »
I've narrowed it down to be a problem with boarding party, so that's probably been around for a while... I'll dig into it, but in the meantime, if you disable boarding party's autocast, you can get past it.

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:26:53 PM by Corey »

February 01, 2016, 09:24:34 PMReply #11

Offline capshades

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 09:24:34 PM »
The description doesn't really say that the BAC was, simply that it's replacing the VSD, which is its closest role counterpart, and which had also been used by the New Republic (and later, GFFA) to some extent.

The full name is New Class Modernization Project, which is often shortened to the New Class program or project. And keep in mind, the people doing the majority of that side of the mods (Slornie and myself) are Canadian/British and will therefore use words like programme or colour.
It's just kind of odd, I read most of the old EU before it got fanfic'ed, and I never heard of the NR using a VSD before the Vong war, which was after the BAC was deployed.
Also, went off this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Class_Modernization_Program

But yeah, I only caught the tail end of the stream on Saturday which is why I missed that part, and I just wanted to make sure I listed everything that could be a bug.  Looking forward to the official release.

Finally, I advanced the game save and saw that those TIEs went right past the incoming A-wings out into empty space, and all my Venators in that system joined them:

February 01, 2016, 09:27:56 PMReply #12

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 09:27:56 PM »
Yeah, they're pursuing another fighter squadron that spawned at the map origin. If there's a Proficient in that enemy fleet, that's why. If not, there was another ship missing a bone. If you tilt the camera towards the red line or hover over the fighters, you can see the icon of what it's attacking (if you look at your previous screenshot, you'll see "Auto Attacking Y-Wing")
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:29:47 PM by Corey »

February 01, 2016, 09:55:01 PMReply #13

Offline capshades

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 09:55:01 PM »
Whenever I move the camera (zooming/rotating/strafing) the endpoint of their destination shifts as well, which is really odd

A lot too, almost 90 degrees around the galactic perimeter
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:59:00 PM by capshades »

February 01, 2016, 10:46:25 PMReply #14

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 10:46:25 PM »
It's just kind of odd, I read most of the old EU before it got fanfic'ed, and I never heard of the NR using a VSD before the Vong war, which was after the BAC was deployed.

Isard's Revenge has the NR using Vics against Krennel's forces (and it's actually a Vic's missile barrage that kills Krennel, now that I think about it).  Can't think of any others off the top of my head though.

February 02, 2016, 08:10:32 PMReply #15

Offline Goldzeoranger

• Brevet Admiral
  • Gold Ranger Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 08:10:32 PM »
Also, went off this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Class_Modernization_Program

But yeah, I only caught the tail end of the stream on Saturday which is why I missed that part, and I just wanted to make sure I listed everything that could be a bug.  Looking forward to the official release.

Finally, I advanced the game save and saw that those TIEs went right past the incoming A-wings out into empty space, and all my Venators in that system joined them:

i cane acrosse the this too well playing today
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:12:14 PM by Goldzeoranger »
"Si Vis pacem para ballum" "Stranger passing by go tell the Spartan that here obedient to their laws we lie."
"Do or do not there is no try - Grand Jedi Master Yoda"

February 02, 2016, 08:30:05 PMReply #16

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 08:30:05 PM »
Yeah, it's just the Proficient's bone; it's been fixed.

February 06, 2016, 02:43:20 AMReply #17

Offline TheHubby

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 02:43:20 AM »
Empire of the Hand Kariek Cruiser has 1 command point, allows you to choose Nsiss Clawcraft or Syca Bombers, but never builds them, just stays at 0%. Just noticed fighter supply stat at 0/12, will build the fleet tender and see if they fill in.

Started new game, the 2 Karieks you start with were at 12/12 fighter supply. Ordered each to build a clawcraft squad, supply went to 6/12 then 0/12, no fighters were ever built.

Ok, no idea what changed, but 2 games later, after I researched the Krsiss, the Karieks started successfully building both those and the Nsiss.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:59:55 AM by TheHubby »

February 06, 2016, 03:26:00 AMReply #18

Offline TheHubby

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 03:26:00 AM »
More of a question, on the Unified Front map, is every world supposed to have a militia fleet including a Victory SD and several Dreadnought/Strike cruiser and various frigates? Started it 4 times so far and every planet I can jump to from my starting system has a fleet like that.

On further messing about, it seems this is a fairly standard starting fleet for most worlds regardless of map, though I have hit a few that actually let me expand past 1 planet :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:54:01 AM by TheHubby »

February 06, 2016, 04:04:08 AMReply #19

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 04:04:08 AM »
Build a couple ships before you start expanding on the maps with strong garrisons.  A couple capital ships and frigates can be easily pumped out with your starting resources and will be enough to handle those fleets.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!