Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels: Season 2 Mid-Season Trailer: What do you think?  (Read 6011 times)

January 16, 2016, 12:00:29 AM

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile

So this came out today, what do you guys think of the new direction Rebels is going now, I can see they're adding new ships from the old canon, like that nice rebel carrier that we have in ICW & Ascendancy, forget what it's called though, but what are those hammerhead ships? Those aren't ones from the OLD old Republic, they'd be way too outdated, so what are they?

As for everything else, you got Mandalorians (obv Sabine related) Darth Maul showing up, weird Jedi & Sith stuff with a large amount of Jedi Temple Guards being around all of a sudden, Anakin and Ashoka moments, A crossguard saber (they can never leave anything on it's own can they?) Ugly Anakin & Yoda, and Geonosis.

Overall looks pretty cool, the designs of some things are still iffy for me, like the AT-AT and total lack of AT-STs, the TIE Fighter design is looking worse and worse compared to everything else now, and of course PLENTY of Inquisitors being thrown around left and right. Looks like there will be some progress though, who knows what will happen next? What do you guys think? Can anyone bring some clarity to this?

And please don't turn this into a "old canon is better than new and vice versa thread" They both have their strong points let's just leave it at that. I'm thinking of rewatching the series with my Dad then to catch up for this stuff, he's all for the new canon for some reason so might as well do it with him.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

January 16, 2016, 12:32:16 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels: Season 2 Mid-Season Trailer: What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 12:32:16 AM »
That's not quite the design from KOTOR. Although it is similar, I don't think it's meant to be the same class.

I do like that take on the Quasar, however...
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 16, 2016, 01:02:32 AMReply #2

• Vice Admiral
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 01:02:32 AM »
Another question for you guys, why did they change the design style from realistic but with blocky looks in the Clone Wars to following Ralph Mcquarrie more and going with that new, weird look?
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

January 16, 2016, 03:50:29 AMReply #3

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 03:50:29 AM »
The Carrier Ship you are looking for i think is the  Quasar Fire-class bulk cruiser
 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quasar_Fire-class_Bulk_Cruiser
Which is really cool to see more old Legends incorporated into the New Canon
Some of the Stuff in the Trailer reminded me of the Clone Wars Series when Anakin, Ashoka and Obi-Wan were on that weird Place with the "Father", "Son" and "Daughter" representing more ore less the Force itself.
But since the last Trailer i know this will take course over the entire Series and i will probably see only 1 scene in the Episode on the 20th i will just wait and see where they go.

January 16, 2016, 01:35:21 PMReply #4

• Vice Admiral
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 01:35:21 PM »
True that, I'm probably going to end up doing the same. It's the Quasar Fire I know now, I just didn't know the name of it at the time since i always play IR or PA :L

January 17, 2016, 03:37:49 AMReply #5

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 03:37:49 AM »
True that, I'm probably going to end up doing the same. It's the Quasar Fire I know now, I just didn't know the name of it at the time since i always play IR or PA :L
xD
Yeah i too play the IR or Pentastar.
However that name burnt itself into my memory because in my games the Rebel-Scum likes to spam with them and i get overwhelmed by fighters and Bombers.....

January 17, 2016, 04:28:02 PMReply #6

Offline Jesse220

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 04:28:02 PM »
That is really awesome

February 06, 2016, 08:44:35 PMReply #7

Offline Ordinarygamer96

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 08:44:35 PM »
Am I the only one who suspects the strange temple guards in the trailer are the Knights Of Ren? Think about it. They all wear masks, are not seemingly connected to the empire or jedi(they attack both) and have the crossguard lightsaber. My theory is this season of rebels will depict the Knights of Ren as a gray force user group that is bent to the dark side by Vader

February 07, 2016, 01:24:50 PMReply #8

Offline Randy

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 01:24:50 PM »
I wonder who the Sith Lord is? Maybe its Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd? I am also curious about Jerec, Prince Xizor and a bunch of other characters will they be apart of the new canon?

February 07, 2016, 01:41:52 PMReply #9

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »
Darth Maul. It's always Darth Maul.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 08, 2016, 04:33:36 PMReply #10

Offline Randy

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 04:33:36 PM »
Darth Maul. It's always Darth Maul.

Good point but who built Darth Maul's massive temple and when and who did he learn sith alchemy from? (Don't answer I know you'll just say from the fans....)

February 17, 2016, 09:32:54 PMReply #11

Offline Goldzeoranger

• Brevet Admiral
  • Gold Ranger Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 09:32:54 PM »
the rumor about thrawn is so far nothing and i am wondering when we see what in the temple or if vader be shown aging
"Si Vis pacem para ballum" "Stranger passing by go tell the Spartan that here obedient to their laws we lie."
"Do or do not there is no try - Grand Jedi Master Yoda"

February 18, 2016, 08:40:20 PMReply #12

Offline Jesse220

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 08:40:20 PM »
It's really awesome. I can't believe that theyadded the Quasar Fire-class bulk carrier in that show, I hope they'll add more ships in that show also

February 20, 2016, 04:24:33 AMReply #13

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 04:24:33 AM »
It's really awesome. I can't believe that theyadded the Quasar Fire-class bulk carrier in that show, I hope they'll add more ships in that show also
Well it's not 100% the same, since it started out as a carrier right away, but yeah that was cool.
And we also got the Immobilizer 418.
So it's something. ^^

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!