Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: A Belated Greeting  (Read 4356 times)

January 10, 2016, 10:55:40 PM

Offline Trial_Born

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
A Belated Greeting
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:55:40 PM »
Hello to both the ICW team and community!

Just wanted to say I've been a long time fan of this mod back when I was 13-14 (2008-2009) when this was still in development and lurked the forums every now and then to see what was happening as well as to check to see if there were any updates on progress. I eventually lost track of this mod (not before grabbing ICW 1.2 of course) as well as other Star Wars related things when I began to take interest in other things (History books regarding Western Civilization to name one). Luckily watching Episode VII rekindled my lost infatuation with everything Star Wars and just revisiting this page gave me a blast of nostalgia as I do have fond memories of playing this mod. If I remember correctly the site use to have a link to another mod regarding the KOTOR era and Revan (the name escapes me). On another note, I believe there was also a mod in its beta phase regarding the Clone Wars somewhere here, unless that too is also a figment of my imagination.

I suppose I've been reminiscing for too long so forgive me if I've bored anyone who has been reading thus far. I'll just conclude this by saying I look forward to seeing the growth of ICW in the coming days, both in the original EaW format and ambitious SotsE:R format. Good luck!

And may you spread the love of the hand.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:31:14 PM by Trial_Born »

January 10, 2016, 11:01:39 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: A Belated Greeting
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 11:01:39 PM »
Welcome back!

You are remembering correctly, we used to also host the Ages of Star Wars: Jedi Civil War mod here, since it was a lot of the same people making both, though it hasn't been in production for like 6-8 years now. The Clone Wars mod was a thing too, Fall of the Republic, which was meant to be a separate release of Thrawn's Revenge. Then the mod died for about 6 months and we came back having cut everything but ICW.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 10, 2016, 11:17:33 PMReply #2

Offline Trial_Born

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 11:17:33 PM »
I was afraid that was the case when I no longer saw mention of neither mod anywhere. Nonetheless it is good to see that this mod is still alive and kicking despite the trials of time. It was actually watching your recent EotH videos that gave me the incentive to sign up in the first place, as you mention that community feedback (something I was hoping to provide when necessary) is a much appreciated commodity to a modding team. Speaking of which, I do also look forward to your next videos as well.

January 11, 2016, 01:52:39 PMReply #3

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 01:52:39 PM »
The Clone Wars mod was a thing too, Fall of the Republic, which was meant to be a separate release of Thrawn's Revenge.
*Jedi Mind Trick* There was no such thing as Fall of the Republic.  It is a figment of your imagination.

==

I think in the end we've accomplished about 1/4 of the original 2008 scope - and then scope-creep created a whole load of different unplanned content.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 11, 2016, 09:15:43 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 09:15:43 PM »
as you mention that community feedback (something I was hoping to provide when necessary) is a much appreciated commodity to a modding team

It may sound like a sort of empty platitude people say, but it's really true; community engagement keeps us motivated. Even aside from the actual content of the feedback or suggestions or whatever, creating these mods is a ton of work, and knowing people care about it enough to actively join this community really does mean a lot to us.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 11, 2016, 11:23:16 PMReply #5

Offline Trial_Born

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 11:23:16 PM »
I think in the end we've accomplished about 1/4 of the original 2008 scope - and then scope-creep created a whole load of different unplanned content.

To be fair I have seen other mod teams that have also tried to multitask different mods for one game. I completely understand the decision to focus on one mod first to complete it and later refine it with extra content while working on another mod. It seems more time-effective than trying to divide the work on separate mods entirely.

It may sound like a sort of empty platitude people say, but it's really true; community engagement keeps us motivated. Even aside from the actual content of the feedback or suggestions or whatever, creating these mods is a ton of work, and knowing people care about it enough to actively join this community really does mean a lot to us.

I couldn't agree more with your sentiment. It is similar to how some artists take motivation from the critique of their work, as it lets the artist know what to improve on and shows that people look forward to their work in the future (which can be quite inspiring in a sense).  One can say modding and creating art can coincide in many ways, as both can yield works of splendor that many will admire.

January 11, 2016, 11:39:08 PMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 11:39:08 PM »
To be fair I have seen other mod teams that have also tried to multitask different mods for one game. I completely understand the decision to focus on one mod first to complete it and later refine it with extra content while working on another mod. It seems more time-effective than trying to divide the work on separate mods entirely.

Slightly different in that we have no plans to ever do FotR and the other two releases that were originally planned with ICW.

January 12, 2016, 12:06:36 AMReply #7

Offline Trial_Born

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 12:06:36 AM »
Slightly different in that we have no plans to ever do FotR and the other two releases that were originally planned with ICW.
I was referring to TRII: Ascendancy in my previous statement about work being started on a new mod after completing one already, sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:29:45 AM by Trial_Born »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!