Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Getting errors running mod  (Read 1842 times)

January 03, 2016, 08:38:02 PM

Brillen

Getting errors running mod
« on: January 03, 2016, 08:38:02 PM »
The mod is set to run on startup of SoaSE:R. However, everytime the game starts I hang on a black screen. If I alt+tab out of SoaSE:R and then alt+tab back in, I get this error message:

Assert @ D:\projects\SINS\SinsRebellion\main\CodeSource\Engine/Archive/TextFileArchive.cpp(203)

*stringSrc == _T('"')

I have the options to skip, skip all, or break. No matter what Option I pick, I have to click though about a couple dozen different error messages, mostly newline missing errors. I can eventually get to the main menu but when I go into a game, a bunch of features are missing and they cause more errors if I try to open a menu that contains them. Mostly abilities and level up upgrades. Sometimes a passive will activate and hang the game every couple second and I have to click though another error message.

The game is installed through steam, but I've been running the .exe from the install folder and not through steam (mostly because I want to play around with the dav tools). game is installed 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion' and the mod is installed in both 'C:\Users\Trey\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.82' and 'C:\Users\Trey\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.82 Dev' (Again, so I could play with the dev tools or play normally).

Errors are the same and occur at the time time if I run the game using the dev.exe and the game .exe. I've used the 'Large Address Aware.exe' on both .exe files. I also ran SoaSE:R game and dev version before installing the mod. No other mods are installed. I've tried deleting 'EnabledMods.txt' to try and enable the mod manually but the game hangs after I try to manually enable the mod.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to try next. Bad download maybe? Any ideas would be very helpful.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!