Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Year in Preview  (Read 3748 times)

January 01, 2016, 05:46:23 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Year in Preview
« on: January 01, 2016, 05:46:23 PM »
Happy new year everyone! 2015 was not a bad year for Thrawn's Revenge. It saw the first release of an Ascendancy alpha, our Sins project, with very encouraging reception. We also had a very strong showing in the Mod of the Year competition including an Honourable Mention for Ascendancy in the Upcoming category and a 7th place finish for Imperial Civil War, our Empire at War mod, in the Released category. Both of these were in the Player's Choice portion, so we want to give everyone who's supported us all year a huge thank you. We would not be where we are today without all of your support.

With 2015 in the rear-view mirror and 2016 starting, I wanted to take a moment to talk about what you can expect in the coming year from us. Keep in mind, life always finds a way to get in the way so this information may not all be 100% correct by this time next year, but it's  the plan for now and we'll do our best to meet or beat it all. First, we plan to have not one but three major releases this year. Two of these releases will be for Ascendancy, and one will be the long-awaited Imperial Civil War 2.2. The first of these releases, Ascendancy 1.0, is currently slated to come out between January 29th-February 12th, 2016. Don't ask about the other two, I have no idea.

That date range for Ascendancy 1.0 is, again:
January 29th-February 12th, 2016

One of our failings in 2015 was that we were unable to keep people informed of what was going on as much as we would have liked, meaning a dearth of news posts and general media for most of the year. This year, I hope to correct that with fairly regular progress posts and full articles. Last year we also tried releasing the Dauntless for Ascendancy on its own to our forums for people to play with and test before the release of the mod, and this is something I would like to try to do more of in the dry spell between versions. I'm also going to be more active on my youtube channel, where I primarily post videos of me getting destroyed in early versions of Ascendancy and Imperial Civil War, along with some other games. One other thing to look forward to is the New Republic trailer Jin is working on for the release of Ascendancy 1.0. If you don't remember the Imperial Remnant trailer we made for 0.9, you can watch that too:

Hopefully that gives you a good general idea of what 2016 will have in store. As ever, if you have ideas or feedback about what you would like to see in future versions, please let us know in the comments on Youtube, Mod Database, or join the community on our forums. You can also find an active player base there for discussions about

If you would like to help us achieve our goals for 2016, we're always looking for new people to join the team. We currently have openings for voice actors, 3D modelers and texture artists. If you're interested in helping out in one of these capacities, contact me at ThrawnsRevenge@gmail.com.

Follow Thrawn's Revenge
Forums - Facebook - Steam Group - Mod DB - Twitter
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 01, 2016, 11:51:47 PMReply #1

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Year in Preview
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 11:51:47 PM »
Will send some more VOs from my team and myself this weekend.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

January 31, 2016, 01:09:20 PMReply #2

Offline Cdodders

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Year in Preview
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 01:09:20 PM »
So close!!!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!