Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: TR Mod Launcher (Beta)  (Read 2889 times)

December 27, 2015, 02:30:21 PM

Offline Pox

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +10/-0
    • View Profile
TR Mod Launcher (Beta)
« on: December 27, 2015, 02:30:21 PM »
I have been working on a new Mod Launcher for Empire at War/Forces of Corruption that implements my defreezer utility and automates it to a certain degree.
For those of you who are not familiar with the Defreezer: It's a tool that allows you to fix save game files that have been affected by the unit selection bug that occurs once too many objects have been created during the course of a galactic conquest.

The launcher will automatically detect your installation path for EaW and FoC. You can switch between these two games and launch them with or without mods. This should work for steam as well as the retail version.
Once a game has been launched the program will monitor the save game folder of the game and detect changes and/or new save games. After you have exited the game the launcher will give you the opportunity to use the Defreezer on any of the changed/new files.

As the title mentions this launcher is still in beta, so some features have not been fully implemented yet.

This is what the launcher does so far:
- Auto detect game installation path
- Can launch either game with or without mods
- Monitors save game files and offers to use defreezer (FoC only at the moment)

For the full release I will also implement an automatic move function for AI folders, so that mods with custom AI won't interfer with other mods.

Requirements:
- .NET Framework 4.0 or higher

However, I need some help testing this project.
I have changed a few things in the way the Defreezer works and I need to find out if it still works as intended.
Unfortunately, I have lost all my save games that were affected by the selection bug after formatting my PC, so if any of you still have some saves that are affected by the freeze I'd appreciate it if you could test it on them.
So far I have tested the Defreezer only with an uncorrupted save game and it seems to work fine with that.

EDIT: I have found a major bug that makes the game pretty much unplayable, therefore I have removed the download link for now. I will upload a new version as soon as I have fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:39:45 PM by Pox »

January 01, 2016, 10:27:17 PMReply #1

Offline arturusfury

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: TR Mod Launcher (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 10:27:17 PM »
I just downloaded it and I'm gonna give it a shot.

I'll let you know what happens.

January 01, 2016, 10:55:20 PMReply #2

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:55:20 PM »
Sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it!
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

January 05, 2016, 09:17:01 AMReply #3

Offline arturusfury

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 09:17:01 AM »
So far I love the ease of launching different mods (minus the AI stuff, but that's cool)

I haven't been able to confirm this 100% yet but I'm not sure the defreezer is working correctly for me.  I did one save by accident which happened to be in a space battle and it wiped out my units as expected.  However I did another save in the conquest map and then got into battle and still had some trouble selecting my units.  I haven't had a chance to try and get another save that's messed up to test it on but as soon as I do I will let you know what happens.

Great work!

January 05, 2016, 02:40:24 PMReply #4

Offline Pox

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 02:40:24 PM »
I have found a major bug that makes the game pretty much unplayable, therefore I have removed the download link for now. I will upload a new version as soon as I have fixed the issue.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!