Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Greater Maldrood (And Federated Teradoc Union)  (Read 31867 times)

October 07, 2016, 02:43:45 PMReply #40

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Maldrood (And Federated Teradoc Union)
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »
All the Imperial splinter factions realistically would be using the same ships. Especially Zero Command, where jt was a smaller force and we know a decent amount about who joined it. The differences in the mod are to try to accentuate the miniscule differences in ordeerto give them different styles, since we're not givingevery single ship the Empire ever used to any one faction.

And again, the reason we're not doing Zero Command has absolutely nothing to do with not knowing what ships they used.
I know I just wish we could do them justice somehow. Like if you gave me time I could think of a roster that more or less makes sense.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 07, 2016, 02:49:51 PMReply #41

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »
I can easily think of a roster that makes complete sense, but again, that's not why they're not a playable faction.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:45:27 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 07, 2016, 05:46:05 PMReply #42

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »
I can easily think of a roster that makes complete sense, but again, that's not why they're not a playable faction.
I know exactly why they are not.
1st: Lack of heroes
2st: Lack of territory
3st: Hasrk mostly work with the empire after Endor
4st: Lack of Gcs to work with them
But then here is a interesting million dollar question: (Sorry if it offends or annoys you I just don't understand) Then what is the point of The DL if they are stuck to one GC, and limited forces to work with. I like The DL and they should be done Justice(You do have some huge fans of Black Fleet Crisis here on the forums)

I don't care If Zero Command was added I just like a expansion of DL or a New faction(maybe in the unknown regions?)
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 07, 2016, 06:00:17 PMReply #43

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2016, 06:00:17 PM »
The DL is too small to make a full faction, yet at the same time the events of the Black Fleet Crisis are too important to ignore. They have no additional space units (aside the EX-F), zero ground units, an emaciated hero list, only owned one planet at the beginning of post-Endor, and were a major player for less than a year. Don't get me wrong, I would love a expanded DL faction, but in order to do so would require a combination of new units and extra resources that could go to better use.

It's the same reason as much as I would love a Ssi Ruuvi Imperium faction for ICW I know at most all we will get is a half-faction like the DL for one GC representing Truce at Bakura, and I am not holding my breath for that. There are better things for the mod team to focus on.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

October 07, 2016, 06:07:09 PMReply #44

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2016, 06:07:09 PM »
The DL is too small to make a full faction, yet at the same time the events of the Black Fleet Crisis are too important to ignore. They have no additional space units (aside the EX-F), zero ground units, an emaciated hero list, only owned one planet at the beginning of post-Endor, and were a major player for less than a year. Don't get me wrong, I would love a expanded DL faction, but in order to do so would require a combination of new units and extra resources that could go to better use.

It's the same reason as much as I would love a Ssi Ruuvi Imperium faction for ICW I know at most all we will get is a half-faction like the DL for one GC representing Truce at Bakura, and I am not holding my breath for that. There are better things for the mod team to focus on.
the Ssi Ruuvi Imperium would work in Sins through
a shame we cant have any other real big unique faction in the game
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 07, 2016, 07:07:19 PMReply #45

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2016, 07:07:19 PM »
I know exactly why they are not.
1st: Lack of heroes
2st: Lack of territory
3st: Hasrk mostly work with the empire after Endor
4st: Lack of Gcs to work with them
But then here is a interesting million dollar question: (Sorry if it offends or annoys you I just don't understand) Then what is the point of The DL if they are stuck to one GC, and limited forces to work with. I like The DL and they should be done Justice(You do have some huge fans of Black Fleet Crisis here on the forums)

I don't care If Zero Command was added I just like a expansion of DL or a New faction(maybe in the unknown regions?)

The Duskhan League's "point" is pretty evident from what they do in the mod; the Black Fleet Crisis was an important event deserving of its own GC, something you can't say about anything Zero Command ever did, since their main important activity (and indeed their only real capacity to be effective) was as part of the forces for Shadow Hand. Had we been more comfortable with the selection freeze workarounds in the past, we would have had the Duskhan League present in more progressive, non-event specific GCs in previous versions, same as the Hapes Consortium. Like Hapes and unlike Zero Command, they consistently held a significant amount of territory (not large, but an entire star cluster and it always remained theirs). We've said before we're doing more to make them functional for larger GCs, however I'm not sure what you mean by "doing them justice." If that means giving them the ability to be played in larger scenarios with the proper infrastructure options, then yes, that's what we're doing.

As long as a faction is big enough, even if they were only relevant for a short period or one other GC, progressive GCs where we're focusing on the galaxy at large instead of specific GCs allow us to sort of get around that, ala EotH (which are probably in the fewest overall GCs of anyone) or Eriadu, who got wrecked pretty quickly. When I talk about better opportunities than an 82nd Imperial faction with a 938th type of Star Destroyer, aside from the visual updates and reworked content, I am in fact specifically talking about things like the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 07:19:19 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 07, 2016, 07:46:26 PMReply #46

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »
If that means giving them the ability to be played in larger scenarios with the proper infrastructure options, then yes, that's what we're doing.
Yes I would like that and maybe some more ground options for infantry like rocket troopers and medics.
I do have one cool suggestion for Maldrood. Can we get some form of a flame troopers.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 07, 2016, 08:09:36 PMReply #47

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2016, 08:09:36 PM »
 Hopefully later on(and I mean waaaaaaay down the road) I'd love to see an Unknown Region campaign on setting the EotH up. Starting with only Thrawn(Admonitor), Parrk(Strikefast), Niriz(Grey Wolf), Hand of Judgement and Fel in their Imp ships with only Niraun and the Hand of Thrawn base. Recruitable heroes and units more iconic to the EotH as you expand. Enemies could be the Ssi Ruuvi Imperium, Nuso Esva, Vagaari and Pirates.

I like the EotH, but I don't usually like pitting them against the IR, NR and Warlords as I feel it goes against what they were meant to do.(you know kind of like how fate of the jedi butchered the Hand)
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 07, 2016, 08:15:28 PMReply #48

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2016, 08:15:28 PM »
The Vong had been defeated. Jagged Fel using the Hand to shut down Natasi Daala seems like a pretty decent use of them if they're not just gonna merge into the Ascendancy.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 08:20:20 PM by Corey »

October 07, 2016, 09:43:07 PMReply #49

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2016, 09:43:07 PM »
The Vong had been defeated. Jagged Fel using the Hand to shut down Natasi Daala seems like a pretty decent use of them if they're not just gonna merge into the Ascendancy.
Have you thought of other infantry types other than jumptroopers. Such things as Flametroopers, and black Hole troopers?
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 07, 2016, 10:03:53 PMReply #50

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2016, 10:03:53 PM »
You know what I think the Maldrood should get in the way of ships. ... and yes I think the Procursator, Too but they should get the Bellator, and the Aggressor class Star Destroyers, maybe the Nar Shaddaa Star Destroyers but I Should leave that to my Question/ Topic I made to talk about Add more Star Destroyers Types to mod.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 07, 2016, 11:46:22 PMReply #51

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2016, 11:46:22 PM »
You know what I think the Maldrood should get in the way of ships. ... and yes I think the Procursator, Too but they should get the Bellator, and the Aggressor class Star Destroyers, maybe the Nar Shaddaa Star Destroyers but I Should leave that to my Question/ Topic I made to talk about Add more Star Destroyers Types to mod.

Agressor was created for Zahn in the base game, no imperial faction will have it, as the imperials didn't have it.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 08, 2016, 12:15:10 AMReply #52

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2016, 12:15:10 AM »
Agressor was created for Zahn in the base game, no imperial faction will have it, as the imperials didn't have it.

Could Maldrood get Flame troopers. You know like the Hand's flame tank?
Also what is a Nar Shaddaa Star destroyer?
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 08, 2016, 12:21:29 AMReply #53

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2016, 12:21:29 AM »

No idea for the flametroopers.

The "Nar Shaddaa" star destroyer was created for the game Star Wars Force Unleashed, where it appears in 1 (maybe 2) scenes.  It's never been given a proper title, no canon weapons layout, no canon size, no canon starfighter complement.  It is known to be smaller than a Venator, so probably VSD size.  However, unlikely we'll see this in game as there are so many star destroyers that we know canon weapons layouts with the 500m Gladiator, the 600m Vindicator/Immobilizer/Enforcer, 750m Acclamator, and the 900m Victory-I & Victory-II sizes that there's simply no real need for a ship that would be pure conjecture.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 08, 2016, 01:10:14 AMReply #54

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2016, 01:10:14 AM »
But it an Imperial Designed.

And the Nar Shaddaa Star Destroyer is a Hybrid between a Venator and a Imperial Star Destroyers.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:16:50 AM by StarBornMichaelh165 »
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 08, 2016, 06:38:37 AMReply #55

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2016, 06:38:37 AM »
But it an Imperial Designed.
And the only plans for it were stored on the deathstar which the Zann Consortium acquired(and maybe even modified somewhat). The empire never had the plans
And the Nar Shaddaa Star Destroyer is a Hybrid between a Venator and a Imperial Star Destroyers.
But they never were mass produced. there were some made, but never widely used.
Also the ability to change retract it's hull could not really be used in EaW, so it is also useless.
Also there is nothing really new this ship could bring into the game.
This is my oppinion
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

October 08, 2016, 09:38:35 AMReply #56

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2016, 09:38:35 AM »
And the only plans for it were stored on the deathstar which the Zann Consortium acquired(and maybe even modified somewhat). The empire never had the plans
You say that, but the Empire (and Emperor) were renowned for squirrelling away information/technology in one place or another.  It's hardly outside the realm of possibility that the plans were also held on record elsewhere, for instance at one of the deep core strongholds later occupied by our Warlords.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

October 08, 2016, 09:39:02 AMReply #57

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2016, 09:39:02 AM »
I do have a suggestion list for heroes, units and Gcs.
Gcs: Dark Saber
Playable factions: Maldrood, eradiu, IR, NR,
Non playable factions: Zsinj(representing the hutts with a change roster with pirate  ships
Plot: The Hutts are building a super weapon called the darksaber, While the warlords are fighting among themselves in the deep core.

Gc: Post-Zsinj Aftermath.
Playable factions: NR, IR(with Teren Rogriss as a hero), Greater Maldrood,
Non playable factions: Zsinj's Empire(Holding territory to be conquer)
Plot: In the Aftermath of the Zsinj campaign, Admiral Rogriss, High Admiral Teradoc, and Admiral Akbar fight for control of Zsinj's territory.

Units: Flametroopers(Maldrood only) All Terrain Advance Raider
Heroes: Boba fett(IR)
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 08, 2016, 12:04:12 PMReply #58

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2016, 12:04:12 PM »
You say that, but the Empire (and Emperor) were renowned for squirrelling away information/technology in one place or another.  It's hardly outside the realm of possibility that the plans were also held on record elsewhere, for instance at one of the deep core strongholds later occupied by our Warlords.
Yes I agree it not impossible to say that the plans for The Aggressor Class could end up in Warlords hands.
And the only plans for it were stored on the deathstar which the Zann Consortium acquired(and maybe even modified somewhat). The empire never had the plansBut they never were mass produced. there were some made, but never widely used.
Also the ability to change retract it's hull could not really be used in EaW, so it is also useless.
Also there is nothing really new this ship could bring into the game.
This is my oppinion
Well then I guest no Nar Shaddaa class Star Destroyers and they were 800 meters in length by the way just let you know.  And what about Turbulent Class Star Destroyer then it was built By the Imperial Remnant.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:11:39 PM by StarBornMichaelh165 »

October 08, 2016, 12:35:57 PMReply #59

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »
And what about Turbulent Class Star Destroyer then it was built By the Imperial Remnant.
The Turbulent class was designed almost 20 years beyond the end of our timeframe - on the wrong side of two more galactic conflicts!
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!