Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Mod Request: More Imperialized Empire of the Hand  (Read 3103 times)

November 21, 2015, 05:26:54 PM

Offline phantommy555

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Mod Request: More Imperialized Empire of the Hand
« on: November 21, 2015, 05:26:54 PM »
This isn't meant as a knock against any of the Thrawns Revenge team, I love this mod and the impressive time and work you have put into it. But the Empire of the Hand seems to be too "Chiss" for my tastes which I think was done to try and make them more distinct among the Imperial factions. I'm wondering if anyone could be kind enough to make the Empire of the Hand more lore friendly with stormtroopers and other imperial ships/units available for recruitment. If no has the time can someone tell me how I could possibly tweak it for my own personal tastes.

November 21, 2015, 08:46:55 PMReply #1

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Request: More Imperialized Empire of the Hand
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 08:46:55 PM »
In fact, I cought myself thinking the same thing myself and I want to make a mod out of it, but with only one condition if you agree. Imperial units only buildable on certain Imperial planets and only in era 1 and 2.
In Era 1 it makes sense somewhat as they still had plenty of Imperial gear left from when Palpatine funded them, and in Era 2 because Thrawn is the leader and he would definitely support his empire.
After that Palpatine just did not care, and the others never knew about it until... well... you know. But by that moment they did not used the not too well aged Imperial gear.
And don't even count to have SSDs. It was not the Hand's style.
Should I start now or give you instructions on how to do that yourself so you can have it to your own taste?
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

December 11, 2015, 02:11:22 PMReply #2

Offline phantommy555

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 02:11:22 PM »
In fact, I cought myself thinking the same thing myself and I want to make a mod out of it, but with only one condition if you agree. Imperial units only buildable on certain Imperial planets and only in era 1 and 2.
In Era 1 it makes sense somewhat as they still had plenty of Imperial gear left from when Palpatine funded them, and in Era 2 because Thrawn is the leader and he would definitely support his empire.
After that Palpatine just did not care, and the others never knew about it until... well... you know. But by that moment they did not used the not too well aged Imperial gear.
And don't even count to have SSDs. It was not the Hand's style.
Should I start now or give you instructions on how to do that yourself so you can have it to your own taste?
It'd be best if you do I'm a complete noob when it comes to any kind of modding

December 11, 2015, 04:50:30 PMReply #3

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »
reaper already beat me into it for you. a week ago.
http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=5580.0
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!