Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Ship Names  (Read 1545 times)

August 28, 2015, 05:49:17 PM

Pingpong

Ship Names
« on: August 28, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »
I'm trying to give the fallowing ships names, but  for the life of me, I can't figure out how to implement them.
The ships are as fallows:
Praetor
Venator
Victory
Victory II
Victory II CC
Tector
Also, if memory serves, the PA, Warlords, Raid Fleets, and EotH imperial ships don't have names either, why is that? How could that be changed?
Sorry if this is actually stupidly easy, but I've been tearing my hair out trying to do this.

August 28, 2015, 06:25:24 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Names
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 06:25:24 PM »
I'm not certain, but probably because after the first 3 factions, furhter factions aren't fully encoded in the engine to support them, so they're very cludgy.  Same cause as PA/Warlords/etc. not being able to capture abandoned vehicle factories.  That'd be my guess.

I don't think ships from the frigate & cruiser shipyards get named, so that would be why the Vic's/Venator don't have names if I'm correct.  As for Tector and Praetor, probably their coding doesn't point to a name file, easy fix that I'll let someone who has the files in front of them and give you a 100% accurate answer handle.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:50:40 PM by tlmiller »
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 30, 2015, 02:26:47 AMReply #2

Pingpong

Re: Ship Names
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 02:26:47 AM »
I thought it was that, or something to do with them being variants for the non IR factions.

Since the base game seems to even have names for the corvettes, it can't be the ships' classifications, can it?.  Is the problem the amount of other named ships in the mod? I'd settle with losing names for EotH and Rebel NR ships as I don't really play them.

I probably should have mentioned I'm on the steam version. That might be screwing me over in one way or another. Might also explain why the tutorials haven't helped me any.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!