Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Hapes Consortium  (Read 2914 times)

July 03, 2015, 03:14:35 PM

Offline Delta

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hapes Consortium
« on: July 03, 2015, 03:14:35 PM »
Will they still be playable? Hope they didn't get bumped by the Pentastar Alignment, or will they be added as a tech tree for New Republic? Those models are just too sweet to stay unplayable, plus their diverseness from the other factions would make them interesting, besides being strong militia.

July 03, 2015, 04:38:43 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hapes Consortium
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 04:38:43 PM »
Last time Corey posted about them, it was still undecided if they wanted to flesh them out enough to make them playable, or just use them in the Hapan maps as local militia instead of the Imperial ships on most maps (as they're used now).
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 03, 2015, 04:57:43 PMReply #2

Offline Delta

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 04:57:43 PM »
Yeah I remember, figured I'd ask now that it's been a while, plus asking & showing interest sure helped the Pentastar's addition into Ascendancy.

July 28, 2015, 08:38:18 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 08:38:18 PM »
It's not just an interest thing. Most stuff like this depends largely on the resources we have; Dr Knickers intends to get back into particles, Jinz is getting trained up to be a modeler, and OzWolf works on the UI when he can but for all intents and purposes, all the work is split between Slevered and me for Ascendancy and then Pox (for LUA stuff) and me for ICW. If other staff can become active again or we get new members, stuff like this becomes more feasible.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:46:34 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 28, 2015, 10:34:43 PMReply #4

Offline Delta

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 10:34:43 PM »
I agree it most definitely is a lot of work, not just interest. Sorry if it was phrased wrong just enjoy the design of the Hapes so much both from lore, design, and their appearance in Thrawn's Revenge  fascinated me like the Pentastar do, and wondered their fate for Ascendancy. I look forward to seeing 1.0 and every update to come and appreciate all the work you guys do.

July 28, 2015, 10:47:25 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »
No don't worry I understood, we definitely like hearing what people do and don't want to see and it does influence our choices, however I also have to make sure that when I say we are or aren't doing something people get the proper context of what/when that means and the conditions under which we could do whatever it is. I like the aesthetic of the Hapans as welll, and it's something I really would like to explore, just would be nice and more feasible if we had more people to do it.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!