Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Nine Years Lost in Space  (Read 16902 times)

June 11, 2015, 05:45:08 PMReply #20

Offline Grimnak

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Nine Years Lost in Space
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »
In addition, how will the available planets be broken up?  The Warlords in their current state begin even the largest GCs with few planets.  Will some be added to compensate (doubtful), or will planets be taken from existing factions?
We're not retreating, we're advancing in the opposite direction.

June 11, 2015, 07:18:47 PMReply #21

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 07:18:47 PM »
AS an AI, probably nothing will be done, they'll start with their planets, and probably get crushed.  When playing as the Warlords, they'll probably increase their holdings to something closer to the level that the PA or EoTH often start with.  That's how I'd think would be most logical.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 11, 2015, 07:51:25 PMReply #22

Offline Grimnak

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 07:51:25 PM »
Oh I hope the Warlord AI is expanded.  It would be a shame to see their tiny territory split into three, just so they can kill each other off by Week 10.

Edit:  While we're talking hypotheticals, it also would be one amazing addition to add the Yevetha to AoW.  I don't see why not, as there is a large open space in their designated section of the galactic map.  I tingle with excitement every time I think of an all-faction-inclusive GC.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:55:47 PM by Grimnak »
We're not retreating, we're advancing in the opposite direction.

June 12, 2015, 12:05:07 AMReply #23

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 12:05:07 AM »
I'm also excited for playable warlords. I've had lots of fun with the Greater Maldrood in Vulcanus' mod.

If Zsinj gets CSA units, could he get the Providence? I really like that ship. And making Tectors more common would be nice too.

June 12, 2015, 03:04:08 AMReply #24

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 03:04:08 AM »
I'm also excited for playable warlords. I've had lots of fun with the Greater Maldrood in Vulcanus' mod.

If Zsinj gets CSA units, could he get the Providence? I really like that ship. And making Tectors more common would be nice too.

Same here. The idea of taking the helm of the Eriadu Authority is pparticularly appealing as Delvardus is my third favorite Warlord after Kaine and Zsinj.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

June 13, 2015, 04:29:33 PMReply #25

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »
I actually like Delvardus better than Zsinj.  Zsinj was a great Admiral, but I just never liked his character.  One of the few times I was glad to see an Imperial be destroyed by the Alliance.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 15, 2015, 04:01:47 AMReply #26

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 04:01:47 AM »
I actually just watched the first Let's Play video, and Corey does mention that they will be making them (Hapans) playable only if they get to them in Ascendancy.  That's definitely okay, for I'm just excited for three Warlords factions duking it out as they get pounded by the other factions as well.
And I can't wait to beat the crap out of every other faction with them :D
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

June 15, 2015, 05:51:58 PMReply #27

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
I actually like Delvardus better than Zsinj.  Zsinj was a great Admiral, but I just never liked his character.  One of the few times I was glad to see an Imperial be destroyed by the Alliance.

Any man who faces his death like Delvardus did is admirable, knowing he would die he still tried with his last breath to kill his killer, unlike all the other warlords who panicked, begged or tried to flee. He was also the only warlord who was clever enough to sneak a weapon into the meeting, disguised as medals of his vanity, it was actually parts to a composite knife. That he survived so long after near destruction in the Outer Rim among the various Deep Core Warlords and by all accounts did very well in Shadow Hand show he is capable of solid tactics. His base that Daala visited was actually an elaborate decoy while his true power was in the customized Night Hammer which he had managed to HIDE the construction of from all the other warlords and designed to his specifications. Specifications that saw it need less than HALF the crew of a standard SSD to operate fully, massively larger amounts of Fighters and bombers(a thousand is mentioned in Darksaber) showing his understanding of Fighters and bombers as a threat to be countered en masse and finally the greatly effecting damage control and evacuation contingencies in the Night Hammer allowed nearly every single crewer to escape to fight another day point to a clever and relentless mind. A shame we don't get more on him in EU writing, but I plan to make up for that in the mod.

June 15, 2015, 06:35:01 PMReply #28

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2015, 06:35:01 PM »
You forget, he was one of the few in Palpatines inner circle that was capable of true love, that's what to me makes him stand apart from most of the other warlords.  While he was a terrible person overall, he had the CAPACITY for goodness within him.

June 18, 2015, 06:13:02 PMReply #29

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 06:13:02 PM »
You forget, he was one of the few in Palpatines inner circle that was capable of true love, that's what to me makes him stand apart from most of the other warlords.  While he was a terrible person overall, he had the CAPACITY for goodness within him.

True...even if he DID kind of knock his true love into a nearly decade long coma with a dynamic hammer....

June 18, 2015, 06:36:00 PMReply #30

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 06:36:00 PM »
True...even if he DID kind of knock his true love into a nearly decade long coma with a dynamic hammer....

But that inspired him to do everything else that he did, trying to find a cure for her.  Only reason he even rejoined Palps in Shadow Hand is that he promised a cure.

June 19, 2015, 01:59:12 AMReply #31

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 01:59:12 AM »
But that inspired him to do everything else that he did, trying to find a cure for her.  Only reason he even rejoined Palps in Shadow Hand is that he promised a cure.

This is true. I suppose he did have a few redeeming characteristics.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!