Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: (moved) Unable to select units  (Read 2918 times)

May 12, 2015, 12:50:57 PM

Offline Yellow 13

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
(moved) Unable to select units
« on: May 12, 2015, 12:50:57 PM »
I don't know if this is a bug inherent to Empire at War or a bug with this mod, but every so often (while playing Empire of the Hand) I encounter a bug where the game skips the cinematic intro to space missions and when that happens, the game becomes unplayable since i cannot select any of my units. their hard points are invisible and while they DO play their unit acknowledgement quotes, they cannot move. This applies to the fighters the capitol ships deploy too. Once this happens, it applies to all missions too, not just the space battles. A ground battle was attempted and the same bug persisted. I've tried everything I could think of to fix it too and it doesn't work.

I should mention that this only applies to the one file. So if i left it and went to another galactic conquest, that other one is fine, but the first one is still buggered.

Leaving the game and starting it back up
leaving the game entirely and logging back in
restarting the computer

This happens with the large, multi era Galactic Conquests. Art of War, primarily as it was one of the few where the Empire of the Hand was playable.

May 12, 2015, 02:03:43 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: (moved) Unable to select units
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
It's a bug in EaW that occurs after it basically loses track. It's a problem with the engine, so we can't prevent it from happening, however we have created a utility which can fix the save files.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revenge/downloads/unit-selection-freeze-fixer-utility-v2
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 13, 2015, 01:06:01 PMReply #2

Offline Yellow 13

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 01:06:01 PM »
And as someone new to this whole modding thing, how do i put this in without breaking something? lol

May 13, 2015, 02:50:40 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »
It's its own application. You run it on its own, and open your save file with it.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!