Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Polished Duskhan League  (Read 50253 times)

September 16, 2015, 09:20:33 AMReply #80

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: Polished Duskhan League
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2015, 09:20:33 AM »
All right guys, I want opinions.
I am currently working on a new GC called Galaxy at War.
It would practically unite the Imperial Civil War, Art of War and Essence of War GCs
So practically ICW with playable EOTH and DL. The Hapes Consortium present as an additional Non-Playable faction.
100+ planets.
WARNING: you would need a high end computer to play this GC without lag.
What do you think?
Edit: You can vote above. This will make it easier for me to follow it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:05:53 PM by kucsidave »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

September 16, 2015, 01:17:44 PMReply #81

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2015, 01:17:44 PM »
Sounds like a good idea I like it.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

September 22, 2015, 05:05:15 PMReply #82

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2015, 05:05:15 PM »
Attention: As I experienced the game crushes if the AI builds the scouts too, so I removed them for the moment. Please download the Yevetha.XML from the folders.
You only have to download that file, and replace yours with it.
Sorry for the troubles.
I also started creating the GC, that's why the voting is locked and nulled.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:07:05 PM by kucsidave »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

October 03, 2015, 06:49:53 AMReply #83

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2015, 06:49:53 AM »
The Yevetha infantry troops sometimes will not shoot buildings. They twitch like they are shooting but no blasters fire or damage done. So far is only on occasion and on buildings.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 17, 2015, 04:09:58 PMReply #84

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2015, 04:09:58 PM »
sorry for the lack of activity from me nowdays, but my computer (I call it Bowser because it dies in the end of every level) doesn't really wants to cooperate with me anymore.
(And I also tend to spend too much time with Haegemonia - Legions of Iron lately...)
I don't know when, but I will definitely make that GC

October 24, 2015, 03:32:46 PMReply #85

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2015, 03:32:46 PM »
Bad news. Yesterday my Computer died on me. Literally. New machine, all data lost... I don't know when I will be even close to create that new GC. I was almost finished.
R.I.P. Bowser. You served me well.

December 24, 2015, 10:07:22 AMReply #86

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2015, 10:07:22 AM »
Merry Xmas everyone!
I have a gift for you...
I finished the Galactic Civil War GC, and now it is downloadable from the link as an optional part. Works both with the Normal and the Compatibility mode. Installation info is in the readme, and as a bonus it contains a repair for the Hunt for Zsinj GC where you could not enter a planet as Zsinj, rendering the GC unbeatable..
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:32:03 PM by kucsidave »

December 24, 2015, 02:52:32 PMReply #87

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »
Merry Xmas everyone!
I have a gift for you...
I finished the base of the Galactic Civil War GC, and now it is downloadable from the link as an optional part. Works both with the Normal and the Compatibility mode. Installation info is in the readme, and as a bonus it contains a repair for the Hunt for Zsinj GC where you could not enter a planet as Zsinj, rendering the GC unbeatable..

.WARNING! The Galactic Civil War GC is still in beta and you might experience uh... weird stuff, but it works fine. Just don't be surprised to see weird holograms and stuff.

This is the best xmas ever! Kuscidave, up for teaming up in working on the submod?

December 24, 2015, 03:16:35 PMReply #88

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »
With you? Any time, my friend.

December 24, 2015, 07:20:18 PMReply #89

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2015, 07:20:18 PM »
With you? Any time, my friend.

We're getting the Band back together.

December 25, 2015, 04:31:14 PMReply #90

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2015, 04:31:14 PM »
As I learn more and more about GC making and how to build up an entire GC with one of the smaller factions I was finally able to make the Yevethans somewhere about Decent, meaning I finally fixed the issue where Issard still spoke/her lines were visible and some other smaller stuff, and also fixed the problems with GCW, so it should be 100% OK from now on. I will also edit my prev. post about it and remove that ugly warning sign...

Edit: I also replaced all the previous files with the repaired ones. So if you download from now on, it will be all good :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:39:02 PM by kucsidave »

December 27, 2015, 03:17:58 PMReply #91

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2015, 03:17:58 PM »
yup... I found some more planets to add...
The next version of GCW will contain
    Ilum: Will connect only to Quethold, held by the Warlords or will be neutral

Adumar: Held by the NR, it will connect to Pesitin, Nirauan and Borosk. The Borosk-Nirauan and Pesitin-Nirauan routes will be replaced by the new routes.

Tsoss Beacon: Held by the Warlords, it will only connect to the Warlord held Hakassi.

Nal Hutta: Held by the New Republic, will connect to Bothawui and Ylesia

Ylessia: Held by the New Republic, will connect to Nal Hutta and Kashyyyk

The reason behind these planet's ownership is mostly balancing.
Ilum will only be connected to quethold because in my experience the Hand was owerrun too soon by the PA from the north and the DL from the south. This easy conquest will give them an extra income, building capacity and hopefully a mean to survive if combined with Adumar.
Adumar's main reason to add a bumper between the Alignment and the Hand. That planet would also serve as a quick income boost for the Hand what it most definitely need.
Tsoss Beacon: This place is just a second line in the Hakassi front of the remnant, only accessable from Kuat. An extra easy conquest for them, yet not a direct connect. I've been thinking to connect it to Khomm too, but that would put too much importance to that world.
Nal Hutta and Ylesia serve only one reason: quick access to Kashyyyk from Bothawui, so you can reach the oh so lonely New Alderaan quicker.
Other changes might countain that the acces to Dathomir from Wayland might vanish for balance.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 03:21:31 PM by kucsidave »

December 28, 2015, 01:13:56 PMReply #92

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2015, 01:13:56 PM »
I see. One thing to note is that whenever a dormant AI or minor one is placed between two main aggressiveones it will always lose II've noticed. Is why the earlier versions of the Warlords died so quickl. 

January 03, 2016, 08:11:30 PMReply #93

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2016, 08:11:30 PM »
All right, new update. Actually it came out yesterday, but I only have the time now to explain.
It basically makes most of DL's units more expensive and need a little bit more time to create, but gives them more shield strength, shield replenish rate, for some ships speed(for some very significant).
To counter this a new special structure is buildable on Z'fell only: Z'fell mining. A normal mining facility with increased cost, but gives a huge credit income bonus early on. This will be esential for survival.

February 21, 2016, 08:04:42 AMReply #94

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2016, 08:04:42 AM »
All right everyone time for some news from me and this submod. I will only continue it after ICW 2.2 came out. With the tonns of new units the team is planning to bring in, I will be able to make a much more diverse DL and I really want to do that.
With the warlords it will be a real challange to make it unique with so many different playstiles the warlords will bring in, but I am sure that with suggestions from you and some hard work we will be able to give some justice for the DL.
In case the team expands the League too, then all hail the Th.Rev team, but since they have enough troubles with the warlords I seriously don't know if they will expand DL too, but I don't think so. Well, at least I hope they will.
The Yevetha are in serious need of some units if they want to qualify as a real threat.
One thing is for sure though. I really don't want to give DL buildable SSD, no matter what. Cannonically(ughhh... "legends" cannon) they did not had the will to build SSDs. They were happy with the Pride, and even after they lost it, they never really replaced it. They were more frigate focused, and when 2.2 comes out, I want to incorporate this into their distinct playstyle, including their tendency to go kamikaze.

February 22, 2016, 12:12:18 AMReply #95

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2016, 12:12:18 AM »
All right everyone time for some news from me and this submod. I will only continue it after ICW 2.2 came out. With the tonns of new units the team is planning to bring in, I will be able to make a much more diverse DL and I really want to do that.
With the warlords it will be a real challange to make it unique with so many different playstiles the warlords will bring in, but I am sure that with suggestions from you and some hard work we will be able to give some justice for the DL.
In case the team expands the League too, then all hail the Th.Rev team, but since they have enough troubles with the warlords I seriously don't know if they will expand DL too, but I don't think so. Well, at least I hope they will.
The Yevetha are in serious need of some units if they want to qualify as a real threat.
One thing is for sure though. I really don't want to give DL buildable SSD, no matter what. Cannonically(ughhh... "legends" cannon) they did not had the will to build SSDs. They were happy with the Pride, and even after they lost it, they never really replaced it. They were more frigate focused, and when 2.2 comes out, I want to incorporate this into their distinct playstyle, including their tendency to go kamikaze.

You know I'm right with you on the Yevetha, Love those xenophobes!
Also there is only the one canon. Disney can space themselves into the Maw.
We could try some of our ideas for the DL that were originally the Warlord idea. Grenadiers, Caldorf Dreadnoughts and such perhaps, maybe even flame units as the DL were known for purging and cleansing genocides, which mean fire.

February 22, 2016, 05:51:28 AMReply #96

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2016, 05:51:28 AM »
Also there is only the one canon. Disney can space themselves into the Maw.
Hell yeah. or even better: go to wild space and meet something nasty and painful or just never return.

April 08, 2016, 12:01:23 PMReply #97

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2016, 12:01:23 PM »
I encountered a serious bug which can pretty much wreck one's game, so I disabled download link. I hope noone will suffer the same fate as I did.
Please be patient while I manage to fix it.

April 08, 2016, 06:55:51 PMReply #98

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2016, 06:55:51 PM »
I encountered a serious bug which can pretty much wreck one's game, so I disabled download link. I hope noone will suffer the same fate as I did.
Please be patient while I manage to fix it.

May I enquire as to the specifics of said bug?

April 09, 2016, 03:33:07 AMReply #99

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2016, 03:33:07 AM »
It is about the Galactic Civil War GC. Looks like there are so many planets and routes between them that after a time the Petroglyph engine struggles to keep up, and the game is crushing while saving, deleting the save file in the process if you save it to an existing one. But I think if I can make the list of "trade routes" smaller, It might be able to work. I just have to find some routes to replace.
For example, I already deleted the Dathomir-Wayland and the Selaggis-Garos routes, and punched in a Dathomir-Selaggis.
Since Garos was already connected to Dathomir and Selaggis to wayland, the new route looks like this:
Wayland-Selaggis-Dathomir-Garos.
Also thinking about changing Adumar from NR to Neutral because it is so far away from the main NR holdings.

Let me state this now, however I was deliberately pushing the Engine to it's limits by playing with DL on Admiral dif. And not expanding, so every neutral/Warlord planet has been distributed between the AIs. (and since I once as a test made it possible for myself to oversee the AI) I know that it uses trade routes very vigoriously, sending fleets back and forth, here and there, and multiple fleets at the same time. So I think that if I can cut it's possibilities, even just a little, It might be able to stabilize the game.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!