Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Polished Duskhan League  (Read 50435 times)

April 15, 2015, 05:51:14 PM

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Polished Duskhan League
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
I was playing with the Black Fleet Crisis a few days ago, and thought that the Yevethans do not have enough means to pose a threat to the NR, not to mention the other GCs they are present.
So I decided to give them a few more stuff.

Disclaimer:
This mod is a custom modification and was neither created nor is it supported by the Thrawn's Revenge team.
The Thrawn's Revenge team is not responsible for any negative effects from installing these files
nor can they be held responsible for fixing any issues which arise from them.

With 0.9, I came to a crossroad. Before this time, my submod was compatible with Vulcanus' submod, but with the Turrets, that's changed... So I had a hard time thinking: "What should be the right thing to do?"
I think Vulcanus' submod is too good to let myself the luxury of being uncompatible with it, but I also couldn't demand players using it, in case they didn't liked the changes. So I found a solution. WHY NOT GO TROUGH BOTH PATHS?

And so I did it. I made two versions of 0.9, and I always will from now on.
The normal mod requires an unmoded ICW, what everyone should have had at a point.
But if you use Vulcanus' submod, use the compatibility folder's content
V 1.0 Beta:
-Features:

-Duskhan League Playable in Empires at War, From the Ground Up, Imperial Civil War and Art of War Galactic Conquests.

-All new Optional GC: Galactic Civil War.(and some more)
this GC is pushing the game's engines to the limit(and sometimes beyound. please keep this in mind.)
This is a unification of the Imperial Civil War, Art of War and Essence of War GCs with some extra. :)
This map is contains all the Imperial Civil War planets, all of the Empire of the Hand planets, the 6 planets(3 planet+3 Transistory mist) of the Hapes Consortium, the 6 planets of the Duskhan league, but also added Belsmuth II and Gravan VII for the Warlords from Hunt for Zsinj, and changed  Garos IV's rulers from the Imperial Remnants to the Warlords, so Zsinj's planets are more unified than they were before, but also opening an additional route to Dathomir.
But these weren't the only planets coming from Hunt for Zsinj. New Alderaan also appears, separated from all other NR holdings, only one of the Transistory Mists connecting to it, so you would have a hard time holding it. Galantos also appears from Black Fleet Crysis and From the Ground Up, connected to Byss giving the DL access to that oh so important central planet.
Also because of this GC I made a HV gun buildable at Doornik because it is a very important planet for the DL from now on. 5 Hyperspace lanes meet here. Mrisst(neutral but close to NR) from the north, Oristrom(EotH) from the West, Pantolomin(IR) from the East and ILC-905(DL) and N'zoth(DL) from the south. Not to mention this is one of the only two entrance to DL territory.

With this GC comes a repair to the Hunt for Zsinj to the bug where you could not enter a planet if playing Zsinj, rendering a GC unbeatable.

New Space tech tree
    -Light Frigate Yard.
        -Builds: D-type Trifoil Fighter, CR90 Corellian Corvette, Nebulon B-2 frigate, Immobilizer 418 Cruiser, Armadia-Class Thrustship, MC40a Light Cruiser.
        -Garrison: 3x D-type Trifoil squads, 2x TIE Bomber sqads.
    -Heavy Frigate Yard.
        -Builds: Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser, Victory I-class Star Destroyer and Victory II-class Star Destroyer.
        -Garrison: 2x TIE Bomber Squadron, 2x Corellian Corvette and 2x Armadia-class.
    -Capital Shipyard.
        -Builds: ISD I, ISD II and Dominator-class Star Destroyer.
        -Garrison: 2x TIE Bomber Squadron, 2x Corellian Corvette and 4x Armadia-class.
    -Golan I, Golan II, Golan III
        -Garrison: 2x D-type Trifoil squads for each

New ground tech tree
    -Barracks.
        -Builds: Yevethan Soldiers, Yevethan Plex soldiers(NR counterpart currently), Hijackers and Yevethan Scouts(infiltrators at the moment)
        -Garrison: 2x Soldier-, 2x Plex- and 1 Scout companies
    -Light Vehicle Factory.
        -Builds: AT-ST, AT-PT and Armored Freerunner companies.
        -Garrison: 4 x AT-STs
    -Heavy Vehicle Factory.
        -Builds: TX-130 Saber tank ,IDT and MPTL companies.
        -Garrison: 2 x MPTLs
    -Advanced Vehicle Factory.
        -Builds: AT-AT.
        -Garrison: 1 x AT-AT
    -Turbolaser Towers
    -Shield Generators
    -Mining Facilities(Max 3/planet)
    -Special Structure: Z'Fell mining facility: Just an extra income source, costs 750 credits, but gives 5 times the ammount of the base income of Z'Fell. Buildable on Z'fell only.
    -Hypervelocity guns(Max 1/planet), but only a limited use. Only buildable on: Bastion, Bilbringi, Byss, Dathomir, Denon, Doornik, Fondor, Kuat, Nzoth, Sullust, Yaga_Minor

You can download this submod from the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x5je5i89qsvexiu/AAAmMMP3ZKyGfc4l_n-VeNg7a?dl=0
Both the normal and the compatibility mode is inside this link

You have a suggestion to the submod? Feel free to let me know, and maybe you will see your idea become a part of the submod and finding your name in the credit list!

Submod team members:
Lord Xizer: Tester and a MAYOR source of ideas, info and inspiration.
Delta: New models
Kucsidave:Coder, Tester.

I also want to thank everyone who supported me all the way. They are:
Vulcanus and TlMiller.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:18:00 PM by kucsidave »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

April 15, 2015, 08:02:47 PMReply #1

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: Polished Duskhan League
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:02:47 PM »
Sounds pretty good! Perhaps give them some droids? ( I forget whether droids were okay with them or not.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

April 15, 2015, 08:17:10 PMReply #2

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:17:10 PM »
V 0.5 download link available!
Have fun with it!
And please send feedback on it! Without feedback, i don't know if i should fix something, or in the right track...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:19:18 PM by kucsidave »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

April 15, 2015, 10:02:22 PMReply #3

Offline Vulcanus

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:02:22 PM »
Nice work! Should surely make the BFC campaign more interesting. Will provide feedback after I find some time to test this.

April 16, 2015, 03:15:30 AMReply #4

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 03:15:30 AM »
I already planning the V 0.9, which would give the DL turrets too...
I just want some feedback about mainly balance and AI functionality first.
If everything works fine and balanced well enough; I will start the work with the turrets.

April 16, 2015, 06:17:48 AMReply #5

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 06:17:48 AM »
I am happy to see more going to the DL. I argued strongly and longly for their expansion and inclusion as playable. Glad to see others that likethose maniac xenophobes.
A few notes, the DL did have battle platforms(at least according to Force Heretic I and a few offhand references in source books.) So golans(at least golan Is )  make sense to have.
They did have CR 90s but Nil Spaar used the Thrustship Aramadia to travel to Coruscant. He used a CR90 to scout the cluster in the first days after they overthrew the Imperials.
The mines are a good idea as the materials needed for their ships were mined, the Yevetha had a thriving metal works industry.
SPMAT Tanks, Chariots, and IDTs would also fit Tech they would have, thus giving them more variety on the ground.
The DL capital ships should be slightly better than standard ships of same design as the Yevetha were known to improve as well as copy the designs. Finally you could add the EX-F or Sorrannon class dreadnaught as a Sovereign or Belator to represent it in future.
Just some thoughts. Cheers. Looking forward to this when my laptop gets fixed as well as Vulcanus balance and flavor mod after 2.2 releases
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

April 17, 2015, 11:14:04 AMReply #6

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 11:14:04 AM »
I am happy to see more going to the DL. I argued strongly and longly for their expansion and inclusion as playable. Glad to see others that likethose maniac xenophobes.
A few notes, the DL did have battle platforms(at least according to Force Heretic I and a few offhand references in source books.) So golans(at least golan Is )  make sense to have.
They did have CR 90s but Nil Spaar used the Thrustship Aramadia to travel to Coruscant. He used a CR90 to scout the cluster in the first days after they overthrew the Imperials.
The mines are a good idea as the materials needed for their ships were mined, the Yevetha had a thriving metal works industry.
SPMAT Tanks, Chariots, and IDTs would also fit Tech they would have, thus giving them more variety on the ground.
The DL capital ships should be slightly better than standard ships of same design as the Yevetha were known to improve as well as copy the designs. Finally you could add the EX-F or Sorrannon class dreadnaught as a Sovereign or Belator to represent it in future.
Just some thoughts. Cheers. Looking forward to this when my laptop gets fixed as well as Vulcanus balance and flavor mod after 2.2 releases
Thank you for the ideas. Implementing some of them at the moment. I shall not modify the stats for the ships however. For now, they are good as they are, because currently the game is quite balanced this way. If I would strengthen their ships, I could throw all that starting forces for BFC GC and would give me too much work for now.
At the moment, the first priority is to give the DL a higher variety of units, while trying to maintain balance.

BTW: I just added your name into the credits for the ideas :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:15:53 AM by kucsidave »

April 17, 2015, 12:04:29 PMReply #7

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 12:04:29 PM »
V 0.6 released!

April 17, 2015, 08:24:20 PMReply #8

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 08:24:20 PM »
to heck with 0.6!
0.75 RELEASED, and have a rocking new feature!

April 18, 2015, 02:53:57 PMReply #9

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 02:53:57 PM »
Glory to N'zoth!

April 20, 2015, 01:48:29 PMReply #10

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 01:48:29 PM »
Version 0.9 is out.
Planned 1.0 will have no new content, just bugfixes and Balancing, so please if you find a bug or feeling unbalanced(either too strong or too weak), please let me know in a reply or private message, and I will look into the problems(s).

April 21, 2015, 06:38:09 PMReply #11

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »
Version 0.9 is out.
Planned 1.0 will have no new content, just bugfixes and Balancing, so please if you find a bug or feeling unbalanced(either too strong or too weak), please let me know in a reply or private message, and I will look into the problems(s).

This will be compatible with Balance and Flavor submod I presume?

April 22, 2015, 12:36:50 AMReply #12

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 12:36:50 AM »
This will be compatible with Balance and Flavor submod I presume?
Read what i written out please!
With 0.9, I came to a crossroad. Before this time, my submod was compatible with Vulcanus' submod, but with the Turrets, that's changed... So I had a hard time thinking: "What should be the right thing to do?"
I think Vulcanus' submod is too good to let myself the luxury of being uncompatible with it, but I also couldn't demand players using it, in case they didn't liked the changes. So I found a solution. WHY NOT GO TROUGH BOTH PATHS?

And so I did it. I made two versions of 0.9, and I always will from now on.
The normal mod requires an unmoded ICW, what everyone should have at one point...
But if you use Vulcanus' submod, you should download the second link...

V 0.9 can be downloaded from the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3achzgey29ayrtb/AABxeRzDa19c0xzvEX3AoaG_a?dl=0
V 0.9 Vulcanus' Balance and Flavor for ICW 2.1 submod compatibility mode:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2z9a11vehlydmsl/AACLwJlMEpU5Llih7W6xZzKza?dl=0
PLEASE READ THE README.TXT BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!!

You have a suggestion to the submod? Feel free to let me know, and maybe you will see your idea become a part of the submod and finding your name in the credit list!

April 22, 2015, 03:06:17 AMReply #13

Offline Vulcanus

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 03:06:17 AM »
Well I'm genuinely excited to see a playable Duskhan League FTGU campaign. I really need to try this out when I can.

For the compatibility with my submod, I'll look forward to integrating this to my next release when I get back to modding ICW, if you are OK with that.

My current personal ICW folder is a mess that isn't compatible with, well, anything.

April 22, 2015, 02:11:42 PMReply #14

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 02:11:42 PM »
Well I'm genuinely excited to see a playable Duskhan League FTGU campaign. I really need to try this out when I can.

For the compatibility with my submod, I'll look forward to integrating this to my next release when I get back to modding ICW, if you are OK with that.

My current personal ICW folder is a mess that isn't compatible with, well, anything.
Well, if you want to use it, feel free to do so. Just give me credits for my work ;)
If you think so, we could do a few modding together in the future :)

April 22, 2015, 02:53:19 PMReply #15

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 02:53:19 PM »

I can relate to this. Having to completely rebuild mine after a hardrive and operating system decided to nuke themselves.

April 22, 2015, 04:24:35 PMReply #16

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 04:24:35 PM »
I really need to find some time just to PLAY some ICW or the mods sometime...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

April 23, 2015, 03:48:05 AMReply #17

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 03:48:05 AM »
I really need to find some time just to PLAY some ICW or the mods sometime...

You should make time lol, that Galaxy isn't going to conquer itself!

April 23, 2015, 11:11:44 AMReply #18

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 11:11:44 AM »
You should make time lol, that Galaxy isn't going to conquer itself!

It's difficult when every time I get on my computer, there's 4-8 new commits for Ascendency, and right now they're focusing on the EoTH/PA, which both were in DESPERATE need, so there's TONS of things to go through and test if they're working correctly.

Which BTW, thus far, EoTH is a blast to play as.  Possibly the most balanced of all the factions in terms of their non-capitals.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

April 23, 2015, 02:35:24 PMReply #19

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 02:35:24 PM »
It's difficult when every time I get on my computer, there's 4-8 new commits for Ascendency, and right now they're focusing on the EoTH/PA, which both were in DESPERATE need, so there's TONS of things to go through and test if they're working correctly.

Which BTW, thus far, EoTH is a blast to play as.  Possibly the most balanced of all the factions in terms of their non-capitals.
glad to hear that EotH is so balanced. It will be an even greater pleasure to tear those ships apart with the PA :D

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!