Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Adding Ventators  (Read 3227 times)

April 13, 2015, 12:12:41 PM

Bio

Adding Ventators
« on: April 13, 2015, 12:12:41 PM »
Hi! I'm new to modding and i'd love some help. I want to add Venator class ships to the New Republic. I would try myself but I don't want mess anything up and I can't find any good tutorials. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks! :D earth

April 13, 2015, 12:13:41 PMReply #1

Bio

Re: Adding Ventators
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:13:41 PM »
the part after the emoji was a typo

April 13, 2015, 03:13:26 PMReply #2

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 03:13:26 PM »
I don't  know a damn about programming for a long time, and this started me on my way:
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-empire-at-war/tutorials/beginners-tutorial-for-modding-empire-at-war-forces-of-corruption
I hope it will help you as well.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

April 13, 2015, 03:51:21 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 03:51:21 PM »
Easiest way is to go into the Pentastar_space.xml file, finding the entry named "Venator" and then changing the affiliation tag from <Affiliation> Pentastar </Affiliation> to <Affiliation> Pentastar, Rebel </Affiliation>

This way it should be available, but will still use the PA fighters.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 13, 2015, 04:30:40 PMReply #4

Bio

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 04:30:40 PM »
Thank you both so much! You were both extremely helpful. I hate to ask any more but can I also change the fighters? Also Corey and your team, thank you so much for creating this mod, its so much fun!

April 13, 2015, 04:36:04 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 04:36:04 PM »
Yeah, that's slightly more complicated but still pretty easy; instead of adding the affiliation, copy the entire Venator entry. Then move it to the New Republic space units file (it's named similarly). Replace Pentastar with Rebel in the aforementioned affiliation line. Then, in the lines where it shows the squadron spawns, switch out the PA fighter squadron names with NR squadron names (which are all at the bottom of that file if you need to find them)
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 13, 2015, 04:54:26 PMReply #6

Bio

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 04:54:26 PM »
Thank you so much!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!