Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 0.95 Bugs/Issues  (Read 2018 times)

April 11, 2015, 07:42:43 AM

A_Suvorov

0.95 Bugs/Issues
« on: April 11, 2015, 07:42:43 AM »
The 0.95 release feels like a huge step up from 0.9! I'm loving the UI changes. Keep up the great work!

Just gonna list issues I notice as I play though here. I realize some of these things are probably just known issues/incomplete assets, but I'll list everything I note for completeness sake.

• New Republic Civilian Starbase: No Icon for colony module upgrade
  • Many New Republic capital ships do not have enough abilities to allow them to use all of their upgrade points
  • On the tooltip that lists capital ships upon mousing over the #of Capital Ship Crew available, some of the listed capital ships have the symbol of a TEC carrier or battleship, rather than their own symbol. For instance, the MC80B has adopted the icon of the Kol Battleship, and the Endurance has adopted the icon of the Sova Carrier
  • New Republic Defense Research: The "Fortification" research item's tooltip description reads as if the tech was intended for the Imperals
  • Endurance lacks an empire tree Icon
  • MC80B lacks an empire tree icon
  • Nebula (fleet officer variant only) lacks an empire tree icon
  • MC90 (regular variant only) lacks and empire tree icon

One other issue I noticed had to do with recruiting strike craft from grouped ships. If multiple ships are grouped, it becomes difficult to properly pick strike craft, apparently due to the fact that different carriers have different selection. For instance, if you select a group that includes both Quasar carriers and Endurance Fleet Carriers, a the leftmost option is to recruit E-Wings. However, pressing it will recruit E-Wings (from the Endurance), and X-Wings (from the Quasar), presumably because the two ships have the button to recruit two different types of craft in the same slot.

Also, the AI still does not appear to prioritize building capital ships. They generally seem to be fielding only one or two dozen of them, and then filling the rest of their supply with frigates. (Large fleet sizes).

I came across one planet that generated as a vanilla sins style planet and did not properly use the new UI scheme. It was an asteroid (Circumtore) in the BACKWATER map (phase lane from nar Kaaga).

April 12, 2015, 11:23:50 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.95 Bugs/Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »
One other issue I noticed had to do with recruiting strike craft from grouped ships. If multiple ships are grouped, it becomes difficult to properly pick strike craft, apparently due to the fact that different carriers have different selection. For instance, if you select a group that includes both Quasar carriers and Endurance Fleet Carriers, a the leftmost option is to recruit E-Wings. However, pressing it will recruit E-Wings (from the Endurance), and X-Wings (from the Quasar), presumably because the two ships have the button to recruit two different types of craft in the same slot.

Nothing we can do to change that. That's why we put fighters of the same role in the same spot on different ships though; if what you want is a bomber, you'll get a bomber whether it ends up being the B-Wing, or the Y-Wing when the grouped ships don't have B-Wing, and so on.

Also, the AI still does not appear to prioritize building capital ships. They generally seem to be fielding only one or two dozen of them, and then filling the rest of their supply with frigates. (Large fleet sizes).

The AI is entirely hardcoded, and their logic for building capital ships is pretty well known. They don't make the decision based on any other factor than "is every capital ship at level 3?" If they have no capital ships below level 3, they'll build a new one. If they have at least one, they won't. This is why we currently fasttrack experienhce between level 1 and 3 and you get it after  killing one or two ships. While this helps, and tends to double the amount of ships they make, lategame it doesn't do as much because there aren't as many small skirmishes. We have a few ideas to get around this (not the level 3 requirement, because again, hardcoded), but they'll require a lot of testing.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 26, 2015, 05:34:01 PMReply #2

Texas

Re: 0.95 Bugs/Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 05:34:01 PM »
Im having trouble launching the mod Ive followed the steps as you listed in the read me and when I launch the mod wont launch at all it still opens the main game

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!