Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Secutor Ingame  (Read 25789 times)

March 27, 2015, 09:32:43 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Secutor Ingame
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:32:43 PM »

Click for original

One of the new Pentastar capital ships in 2.2, the Secutor Star Destroyer.

Screenshot quality kind of sucks, still trying to set up my computer properly, so jpgs for now.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 27, 2015, 10:27:04 PMReply #1

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
Re: Secutor Ingame
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:27:04 PM »
I'm glad to see this mod including a couple more obscure parts of the Expanded Universe. Some people might call that "stretching", but there's a lot out there if you have the patience to look for it.
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

March 27, 2015, 11:16:22 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 11:16:22 PM »
While I like what it is, man that is an ugly triangle.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 27, 2015, 11:38:07 PMReply #3

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:38:07 PM »
It kind of looks like a Venator was grabbed at the back and stretched out.  I actually kind of like it.

March 28, 2015, 02:26:27 AMReply #4

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 02:26:27 AM »
Always liked the Asserter design better.
Still nice render guys.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 28, 2015, 02:54:09 PMReply #5

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 02:54:09 PM »
Assertor also is 15 km long insanely heavily armed tank, not a 2.2 km long carrier...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 28, 2015, 03:39:27 PMReply #6

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »
I do look forward to use this in Battle.

March 28, 2015, 08:00:50 PMReply #7

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »
looks gorgeous. I mean how you did it, not the original design.
While I like what it is, man that is an ugly triangle.
Um... That's not a triangle...
It have a degree in the backside too, and a bit flatter nose...

My question is: Will this be a late-era carrier for the PA or will be available next to the Venator from the beginning?
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

March 28, 2015, 10:33:37 PMReply #8

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 10:33:37 PM »
I can only speculate, but I'd imagine this would be an early tech.  Secutor in canon was designed very early in the new order, simply never got much usage.  So it would make sense to be an early tech.

Now, from what little I've played, I like the Venator.

March 29, 2015, 04:08:13 PMReply #9

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 04:08:13 PM »
I can only speculate, but I'd imagine this would be an early tech.  Secutor in canon was designed very early in the new order, simply never got much usage.  So it would make sense to be an early tech.

Now, from what little I've played, I like the Venator.
I love the Venators myself. I simply love using Venator fleets. The fighter spam is incredibly effective.
My PA fleets usually stands from: 1 Preator(only for protection purposes) and 10 Venators :P
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

April 04, 2015, 04:24:03 AMReply #10

Offline Thrawnizator

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • Very Handy Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 04:24:03 AM »
I love the Venators myself. I simply love using Venator fleets. The fighter spam is incredibly effective.
My PA fleets usually stands from: 1 Preator(only for protection purposes) and 10 Venators :P

Yeap, fighters win every game. Unfortunately that's the problem with EaW/FoC engine as a whole. Bunch of uni-fighters can pulverize anything, anywhere, anytime. From PA stand point they need carriers because they don't have fighters other factions have. I always love Venator class. I don't care how outdated or obsolete it is. But Secutor should fit the bill nicely.

With regard to Assertor. Well I wholeheartedly subscribe to the motto that really big is really best!  ;D And if it can spam fighters like Venator, well... we have obvious winner here.

April 04, 2015, 01:22:50 PMReply #11

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 01:22:50 PM »
Regarding the Assertor, I doubt it'll be a carrier.  Canonically it was considered a fast dreadnought.  IE - fairly heavily armed/shielded multi-purpose vessel much like the Executor, but much more power from the engines in order to make it much faster and more maneuverable than other dreadnoughts or even most battlecruisers.  It was designed to win the battle through outmaneuvering an opponent to get in their weak spot, not to spam fighters or simply overwhelm them with their weapons.  It'll have fighters, but I don't expect it to be a carrier dreadnought.  Although this also means that I expect it won't be nearly as useful in ICW as it will in Ascendency given the well known pathfinding issues in the EAW/FOC engine.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:26:05 PM by tlmiller »

April 04, 2015, 01:55:38 PMReply #12

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »
The Assertor won't be an anything.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 04, 2015, 05:04:08 PMReply #13

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 05:04:08 PM »
Yeap, fighters win every game. Unfortunately that's the problem with EaW/FoC engine as a whole. Bunch of uni-fighters can pulverize anything, anywhere, anytime. From PA stand point they need carriers because they don't have fighters other factions have. I always love Venator class. I don't care how outdated or obsolete it is. But Secutor should fit the bill nicely.

With regard to Assertor. Well I wholeheartedly subscribe to the motto that really big is really best!  ;D And if it can spam fighters like Venator, well... we have obvious winner here.

Well that's kind of what happens in war now. The battleship was replaced by the carrier.  The mightiest battlewagons were sunk by aircraft.  Same in SWs, Iron Fist, Executor, Lusankya, and scores of ISDs as well as both Death Stars. Aircraft could kill bigger more expensive craft with relative ease.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

April 06, 2015, 08:31:43 AMReply #14

Offline Black Onix

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 08:31:43 AM »
Well that's kind of what happens in war now. The battleship was replaced by the carrier.  The mightiest battlewagons were sunk by aircraft.  Same in SWs, Iron Fist, Executor, Lusankya, and scores of ISDs as well as both Death Stars. Aircraft could kill bigger more expensive craft with relative ease.
Hm.. you not correct about ISD Executor class, it is not just a big ship with lots of guns. Do not forget how many fighters were located on it as well as ground troops. Imperial command just worthlessly use them, they are also fairly expensive to operate (I mean not only game).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:47:34 AM by Black Onix »

April 06, 2015, 10:51:35 AMReply #15

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 10:51:35 AM »
they also use worthless fighters.  Spend a few extra credits and get somthing that survives even a small amount, rather than death trap that is a Tie/ln, and maybe TRD wouldn't be such a problem.

April 06, 2015, 06:41:38 PMReply #16

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 06:41:38 PM »
Hm.. you not correct about ISD Executor class, it is not just a big ship with lots of guns. Do not forget how many fighters were located on it as well as ground troops. Imperial command just worthlessly use them, they are also fairly expensive to operate (I mean not only game).

Most Executors carried about 144 TIEs - 12 squadrons.  Most ISDs carried 72 TIEs - 6 squadrons.  Given the tenfold difference in scale, this means that an ISD carries a LOT more TIEs than an Executor for its size.  Meanwhile, an Executor carries thousands of turbolasers and ion cannons, while an ISD has around 70 or so of each - so an Executor has, at minimum, about twenty guns per fighter carried, while an ISD has about two guns per fighter carried.

Yes, the Executor was absolutely just a big ship with a lot of guns.  At the least, it was far less of a carrier for its size than the ISD was.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:43:30 PM by Pali »

April 06, 2015, 07:09:05 PMReply #17

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 07:09:05 PM »
Well, most Executors carried 144, but that was only a fraction of their capacity.  They were able to carry over 1,000, possibly thousanDS if fully stocked.

April 06, 2015, 08:20:39 PMReply #18

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 08:20:39 PM »
Well, most Executors carried 144, but that was only a fraction of their capacity.  They were able to carry over 1,000, possibly thousanDS if fully stocked.

True, but I can't recall any time that this was actually done - perhaps the Vong war?

April 07, 2015, 02:34:33 AMReply #19

Offline Black Onix

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 02:34:33 AM »
True, but I can't recall any time that this was actually done - perhaps the Vong war?
Is not the point, his worthlessly used, I mentioned it. Yes it was equipped with 144 fighters, but as already said
They were able to carry over 1,000, possibly thousanDS if fully stocked.
it's a fact.
ISD Executor class, it is not just a big ship with lots of guns.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!