Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 3412 times)

March 01, 2015, 07:32:15 AM

Offline Brutoni

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: March 01, 2015, 07:32:15 AM »
Hello all.

I'm Brutoni. A huge sci-fi fan. While the original SOASE is a fantastic game it never really captured my imagination the way some of my earlier space games I played had. Armada II and Star Wars Supremacy (US posters will know it as Rebellion). Supremacy definitely had its issues however as a young teenager I got many hours enjoyment out of the game despite the horrific UI and AI. Besides being a sci-fi fan (I wish they would do a good battlestar galactica game!) I am an avid martial artist having competed in national competitions and practiced multiple styles of the sport. Be that Aikido, Bo-Jitsu or Karate. I've dabbled a little in boxing as well.

For a living I am a Royal Naval Weapons Engineering Officer (Submariner). So if I suddenly disapear from the boards for prolonged periods please do not be alarmed, comes with the trade.

That said I have enjoyed playing 0.90 already. It is quickly replacing SOASE as my basic way to play the game and certainly something I can enjoy on my many long train journeys or while on deployment with no access to the internet! While I am still trying to learn the mod and the differences in technology and game play I eagerly await the Empire of the Hand. I look forward to playing a civilisation based on fast movement, feint and strike tactics as well as covert intelligence (not at all because it sounds like submarines in space  :angel:)

March 01, 2015, 01:10:33 PMReply #1

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 01:10:33 PM »
Welcome to the forums friend. Hope you continue enjoying Ascendancy and try Imperial Civil War too, it's great.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

March 01, 2015, 02:12:49 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »
Hey, glad you're enjoying the mod.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 01, 2015, 03:33:09 PMReply #3

Offline Brutoni

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »
Hey, glad you're enjoying the mod.

TY. Some really pretty work especially as we are still pre version 1.0. On that note although still pre version V.10 I don't suppose we have any community events/ multiplayer games on a regular basis. I've added a lot of people to steam but I wondered if there were any planned games?

March 01, 2015, 04:03:04 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »
The dev team is going to start organizing semi-regular game nights when 0.95 is out.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 01, 2015, 09:16:25 PMReply #5

Offline Brutoni

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 09:16:25 PM »
Excellent. Really look forward to it. Well that and being beaten horrifically while I learn to play with some level of skill  :-*

March 01, 2015, 09:26:33 PMReply #6

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 09:26:33 PM »
Good luck, they like to gang up on the non-team members.  :D   :angel: :angel:
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 02, 2015, 03:47:28 AMReply #7

Offline Brutoni

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 03:47:28 AM »
Good luck, they like to gang up on the non-team members.  :D   :angel: :angel:

Will just have to gang up on them in return..... That or bribe some of them to turn to the dark side  :angel:

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!