Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 0.9 Known Issue Thread  (Read 8956 times)

February 06, 2015, 10:44:37 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
0.9 Known Issue Thread
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:44:37 PM »
Missing Strings:
- Bonus/Artefact related strings
- Industry/Social specialization
- Economic and Cultural random events

General:
- Capital victory on some maps has issues
- Vic/Deafeat screens still TBD
- New Rep lacks their resupply station
- New Rep uses Star Galleon
- Durasteel uses stock metal asteroid
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:22:01 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 06, 2015, 11:57:08 PMReply #1

Offline Falconflyer2000

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 0.9 Known Issue Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:57:08 PM »
I`d like to report an issue: Playing on the Deep Core map as NR, facing a Remnant, with difficulty Admiral and Aggressor. Some stock Sins ships have spawned at the Tsoss Beacon as the neutral militia. They are both titled "String Not Found", are listed as part of the Sector Fleet faction. Both of the hover icons are ? ? ?. They appear to be 1 ETC Light Frigate and 1 ETC Siege Frigate. Their weapons are listed as Turbolasers in the display, but have their stock animation(lasers/autocannons).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:41:32 PM by falconflyer2000 »
“In each succeeding war there is a tendency to proclaim as something new the principles under which it is conducted. Not only those who have never studied or experienced the realities of war, but also professional soldiers frequently fall into the error. But the principles of warfare remain and will remain unchanged." -John J. Pershing

"Hindsight is notably cleverer than foresight."- Chester W. Nimitz

"My god, it`s full of Hapans!" - Dave , upon discovering the Transitory Mists

February 07, 2015, 12:49:52 AMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 12:49:52 AM »
OH, those are what those are?  :)  I've seen them so many times, but never realized they were stock Sins ships because I've only played 1 game of stock sins in my entire life, and that was a multiplayer...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 07, 2015, 02:06:27 AMReply #3

Offline Himmelsfardskommando

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 02:06:27 AM »
Just 2 minor ones I have found so far:

• The Ferret half vanishes when you zoom in on it, especially at the back
  • The Escape Pod flies pointing up
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:08:48 AM by Himmelsfardskommando »
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

February 07, 2015, 06:37:58 AMReply #4

Offline Gorillix

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 06:37:58 AM »
Hey guys, would like to share some findings from a few hours of play.

Imperial
Sential Drop Ship - Sound File "For the Unity"

Flagship - Squadron - Missing String for Selection to the right of Bomber. Possibly Adv Bomber or some variation.

Imperial Class Star Destroyer - Ability management - Missing String for "Overwhelm"

Along with that, one major problem I'm having is the "Shield Generator" Is providing no planet protection.

February 07, 2015, 09:47:15 AMReply #5

Offline swphreak

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 09:47:15 AM »
I've been playing on the small cluster map (the one with all the Hapan ships), and I think there are invisible starfighters.  I'll be fighting novas and dragons and then see missiles coming out of nowhere flying at my ships from a random direction.  It does look like my starfighters do attack them.  I'll hover over one and it'll have a red line attackng nothing.

Unrelated
Holy crap I had to solve three captchas just to post :x

February 07, 2015, 11:43:37 AMReply #6

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »
Unrelated
Holy crap I had to solve three captchas just to post :x
Sorry about that.  Unfortunately we've had a lot of experience with bots spamming the forums recently (and I mean thousands of bots and hundreds of spam threads) so we've got our validation set quite high to keep them out.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

February 07, 2015, 01:38:03 PMReply #7

Offline Indignation211

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 01:38:03 PM »
I got one to report: on the Atrivis Sector map as the Imperial Remnant, on Normal Start the homeworld is not a Capital. I got about 10 minutes in before I realized my income was SEVERELY lacking and then saw all my planets had only 25% Allegiance, not to mention the lack of Capital income bonuses...

February 07, 2015, 02:24:37 PMReply #8

Fait Corall

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »
HI Guys.

It would be really nice if you could slow down the ship speeds a bit because even on the lowest speed setting the SD´s are fast as hell  :o ...it feels a bit wierd :D

thank you in advance  :)

February 07, 2015, 04:43:11 PMReply #9

Offline swphreak

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 04:43:11 PM »
Came across something funny, when I was playing the Small Core Worlds map as New Republic, at the minimum, the uncolonized systems had an Impstar and Super Star Destroyer.  They even following me when I ran away.

February 07, 2015, 04:46:49 PMReply #10

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 04:46:49 PM »
That's from a random event which spawns a warlord fleet.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 07, 2015, 06:13:13 PMReply #11

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 06:13:13 PM »
HI Guys.

It would be really nice if you could slow down the ship speeds a bit because even on the lowest speed setting the SD´s are fast as hell  :o ...it feels a bit wierd :D

thank you in advance  :)

I actually have said the exact opposite, even on fastest speed, everything still putters across the screen and is far too slow to me.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 07, 2015, 07:08:15 PMReply #12

Offline swphreak

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 07:08:15 PM »
That's from a random event which spawns a warlord fleet.

lol, 3+ super star destroyers seems bit overkill for one warlord

February 07, 2015, 09:18:23 PMReply #13

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 09:18:23 PM »
lol, 3+ super star destroyers seems bit overkill for one warlord

It's 3 warlords, currently they spawn WAY too often...

February 08, 2015, 12:34:53 AMReply #14

Offline Falconflyer2000

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 12:34:53 AM »
So, I`ve been playing for about seven hours now, noting down all the bugs and problems I see. I`m gonna have to call it quits for now; here are my findings.
NOTE: When talking about research, "Tier x" research refers to research that requires x amount of research facilities.

Bugs:

Issues with Stock Material
Aforementioned bug, about stock Sins ships at Tsoss

Stock Sins music occasionally plays

While playing on Core Worlds, as NR, against Imperial, Admiral, Fortifier, with MY home planet Khomm, the Imperials captured Prakith. The planet has 2 builder ships: a CT11 Spacetug, as well as a stock Advent contructor. The advent constructor is icon ? ? ?, titled String Not Found.

Sentinels appear to use stock Advent animation for colonization

Issues with Map Icons

Tsoss uses the stock icon for Asteroid, instead of these wierd colored-slanted-flag-type-things you have going on.

Gas Giants have no icon at all; when you zoom out, it looks like 3 connecting lines.

Zooming/Clipping Issues
Zooming in on a Ferret will clip through about half of it

Zooming in on a CT11 clips through it completely(I checked several times; I`m not just being stupid and zooming in on the background, or something behind it)

Missing Strings
Capital Command and Fleet Command sections in Fleet Logistics are both "String Not Found" (For Imperial Remnant)

The research subcategory under Defense is "String Not Found"(For Imperial Remnant)

Issues with Research
(For Imperial Remnant)
Tier II(first) Durasteel production is a requirement for Tier II Tibanna production (Is this intended?)
The icon for Tier II Tibanna production has 2 of the + symbols; the tier IV(second) tibanna production has 1 of the + symbols (I would assume the two nodes are referencing each others textures, instead of their own)

Issues with Ship Movement/Functionality
Imperial Star Destroyers move quite fast; my Y-wings can barely catch up, they only go a tiny bit faster. Is this intended?

Escape pods can hyperspace(I first saw this out of the corner of my eye, later double checked, watched intently as enemy New Republic AI hyperspaced his pods away)

ISD 1 Fleet CDRs (and probably other capital ships) default to broadsiding when ordered to attack(the wedge shape was designed to allow almost every weapon to fire along the ship`s pointing axis).
I assume this is carried over from the stock Sins capital it is replacing.

Misc/Weird Stuff/Possibly-Not-Bugs
The Swamp, Terran, Oceanic, and Arboreal planets share the same texture. I assume this is just a placeholder.

"Explore Planet" function is named(and has the description of) Enlistment Center, but still functions as exploration

Opinions/Questions/Suggestions

I think the MC90 Fleet CDR should be at research tier IV, between the MC80B(tier III) and the normal MC90(tier V)

Is there any reason the NR Capital Ship yard is so BIG? The distance between the rings is much longer than any of the ships themselves(that I`ve seen, and Nebula or Endurance aren`t terribly larger than MC90s, at least not by that much)

All the tactical structures except the shield generator have even numbers of points. All the tactical upgrade statuses have an odd number of points. Call me a perfectionist, but having 34/35 points used just...bothers me.

Finally,  Given the distance between the planets, Charubah and Vergill should be linked on the Small Hapes Cluster Map.

I`d also like to take a few lines to express how much I enjoy the work that the entire TR team does. When I first found this, I had stopped playing EaW for years, after I got it when it first released. I had been playing my newly-bought FOC expansion for a few weeks. When I found this, I was absolutely ecstatic. I read the website and immediately went to download it. After I loaded it up, and jumped in a GC game, I was stunned. I sat there for twenty minutes, just scrolling around the big, now-pannable map, with my face frozen into the biggest smile you've ever seen. As someone who had mastered the game awhile ago, you put the challenge and excitement back into it, and it`s still there. Once I heard about Ascendancy, I immediately jumped on board and bought Sins. Thank you all for creating and continuing to create such wonderful, enjoyable, high-quality content.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:55:26 PM by Falconflyer2000 »
“In each succeeding war there is a tendency to proclaim as something new the principles under which it is conducted. Not only those who have never studied or experienced the realities of war, but also professional soldiers frequently fall into the error. But the principles of warfare remain and will remain unchanged." -John J. Pershing

"Hindsight is notably cleverer than foresight."- Chester W. Nimitz

"My god, it`s full of Hapans!" - Dave , upon discovering the Transitory Mists

February 16, 2015, 11:27:33 PMReply #15

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 11:27:33 PM »
Bugs noted, thanks.

ISD 1 Fleet CDRs (and probably other capital ships) default to broadsiding when ordered to attack(the wedge shape was designed to allow almost every weapon to fire along the ship`s pointing axis).
I assume this is carried over from the stock Sins capital it is replacing.

This is actually how the ISD functioned. They weren't able to fire everything forward, and broadsiding was more common. Firing everything forward required tipping pretty significantly forward.

The Swamp, Terran, Oceanic, and Arboreal planets share the same texture. I assume this is just a placeholder.

Yeah, most planet types except Polluted and Ecumenopolis still use/share stock ones. They're more time consuming and didn't relate that much to testing the core functionality this version is meant to test, so they're being done for 0.95/1.0.

Finally,  Given the distance between the planets, Charubah and Vergill should be linked on the Small Hapes Cluster Map.

Planet linkages are pretty distance-agnostic and more based around map flow/balance considerations, but I'll check this one to see if anything weird is going on.

I`d also like to take a few lines to express how much I enjoy the work that the entire TR team does. When I first found this, I had stopped playing EaW for years, after I got it when it first released. I had been playing my newly-bought FOC expansion for a few weeks. When I found this, I was absolutely ecstatic. I read the website and immediately went to download it. After I loaded it up, and jumped in a GC game, I was stunned. I sat there for twenty minutes, just scrolling around the big, now-pannable map, with my face frozen into the biggest smile you've ever seen. As someone who had mastered the game awhile ago, you put the challenge and excitement back into it, and it`s still there. Once I heard about Ascendancy, I immediately jumped on board and bought Sins. Thank you all for creating and continuing to create such wonderful, enjoyable, high-quality content.

Thanks, we really appreciate that. That's the kind of thing that makes this worth the complete lack of sleep and social life I've had since about Jan 2nd.

ETA:

Is there any reason the NR Capital Ship yard is so BIG? The distance between the rings is much longer than any of the ships themselves(that I`ve seen, and Nebula or Endurance aren`t terribly larger than MC90s, at least not by that much)

In order to save system resource and maintain some sense of cohension with connected factions, most "generic" structures are shared between factions, so the capital shipyard has to accommodate the largest ships available to any of the three. While the MC80 Home One style (fleet commander) is the longest NR ship, the shipyard needs to be big enough to hold the Praetor and World Devastator.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:47:25 PM by Corey »

February 20, 2015, 07:01:28 PMReply #16

Offline gerfand

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »
Some Squads gets 2 fighters (X-wing, A-Wing,) but others get 5 (K-Wing, B-Wing)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!