Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Random issue with website  (Read 2432 times)

January 12, 2015, 04:34:41 PM

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
Random issue with website
« on: January 12, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »
Is anyone else getting their tr forums randomly changing to a massive ad if so how do I stop this as it happened twice before I posted this message today.

I did notice that it was when I clicked on "The Lounge" tab.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

January 12, 2015, 05:26:25 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Random issue with website
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 05:26:25 PM »
I have had many many issues with this site in the past, but never that one.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 12, 2015, 06:21:06 PMReply #2

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
Is anyone else getting their tr forums randomly changing to a massive ad if so how do I stop this as it happened twice before I posted this message today.

I did notice that it was when I clicked on "The Lounge" tab.
Edit "It's happening everywhere now."

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

January 12, 2015, 11:28:13 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 11:28:13 PM »
Toby and I were discussing a lot of changes we wanted to make (mostly around usability and making it so Ascendancy didn't feel tacked onto it) but he disappeared so there's a few things we'd need to do. The site is the only thing mod-related that I pay for, so I'm invested (literally) in trying to make it more useful to people. The thing you're talking about is probably from the rollover ads that, when you mouseover them, expand and take up the whole screen.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 13, 2015, 02:46:58 PMReply #4

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »
The thing you're talking about is probably from the rollover ads that, when you mouseover them, expand and take up the whole screen.
I know what you mean but it's not that it randomly changes I could be hovering over anything (which is why I said over "the lounge" in a previous post).

January 13, 2015, 05:54:55 PMReply #5

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 05:54:55 PM »
It seems to of stopped i'm not sure why but it seems to of stopped.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!