Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Map editor not displaying mod units  (Read 2176 times)

November 20, 2014, 02:58:41 PM

LordWahu

Map editor not displaying mod units
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:58:41 PM »
I have tried the usual suggestion of putting the map editor in the data folder, but when I start it, I can not find any of the mod objects. I am looking in particular for the Golan models. I am out of ideas. Anyone have any advice? To be specific, the map editor .exe is sandwiched between the dominator.txt and the endurance.txt. Is this possibly the wrong place?

November 20, 2014, 06:14:21 PMReply #1

LordWahu

Re: Map editor not displaying mod units
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 06:14:21 PM »
New Problem: After putting the editor in the data area, the textures for the entire game have gone crazy. The TGA images are mixed up and in the wrong places. The same thing happened when I tried opening a MTCommandBar.TGA with a different MTCommandBar.MTD. As I have added a number of items and I am unsure it would work anyways, I would prefer not to recopy the old files. Any other advice?

November 20, 2014, 06:54:56 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Map editor not displaying mod units
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 06:54:56 PM »
The easiest way to make the map editor read the mod's files is to place the mod's data contents in your FoC's data folder.

For the second thing, that's usually the result of the TGA file being above a certain size, which doesn't interact well with some video cards.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!