Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Reunification  (Read 1767 times)

October 25, 2014, 01:12:23 AM

Offline KissMyWookiee

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • The Empire will always strike back
    • View Profile
Reunification
« on: October 25, 2014, 01:12:23 AM »
After several ragequits, I've finally won a round as the IR in Reunification! However it seems a little hollow since after killing Ackbar in The Maw, it seems the NR AI stopped sending harassment forces to the little empire I've built in Yavin, Mon Calamari, Bimmisaari and Kessel (VERY HEAVY harassment, almost lost Kessel and ended up losing most of my starting fleet in that epic battle with Ackbar) Such was their dejection at losing Ackbar that I think they basically withdrew all their heavy forces to the Core (not the Deep Core). Due to their inaction I was able to build up a decent fleet again. Had the NR blitzed me right then I wouldn't have anything, not even Golan Is to stop them. Anyway, after building back up my fleet and army I attacked Hakassi and continued attacks through Tsoss till Odik II, where there was nary an NR ship in sight in that whole area. By the time I attacked Kuat, the NR AI had basically decided that spamming Coronas, Sacheens and fighters would work well against my fleet, which by then was composed of Knight Hammer, 2 Tectors, ISD-IIs, VSD-I/IIs, Venators and Lancers.

December 16, 2014, 06:25:33 PMReply #1

Offline ErikModi

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Reunification
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:25:33 PM »
I've noticed in a few different GC modes that the enemy pretty much gives up if they lose certain heroes.  Especially, in the big, era-spanning GCs, the Empire of the Hand loses any will to fight unless they've got Thrawn or his clone up.  If there's no Thrawn, they just sit there like a bump on a log.

I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with changing the hero respawn rules.  Is the AI waiting for their hero to respawn, but they won't, so the AI just keeps waiting until it's dead?

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!