Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The shadow of Revan Theory.  (Read 3679 times)

October 22, 2014, 11:55:06 AM

Offline Revan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-2
  • Revan the best.
    • View Profile
The shadow of Revan Theory.
« on: October 22, 2014, 11:55:06 AM »
I think we can make a topic about Revan theories....
I have both theories Revan is Revan.../That's not Revan it's an usurpator...

What do you think to the futur canon story line name "Shadow of Revan?"

I love Revan and I really glad he return.. But why the empire and the republic join them against him???? It's tempting to have Revan on your side, I think the react will be to accept some Revans ofers and try to use Revan against each others. I found that's weird but I find awnser.

Ha miss that's after the anonce of the Revan return.
I'm chearching an audio document where the empire talk about the reborn of Revan when they learn that' Revan hold the foundry...
Brief I cannot find it But.. It say that's the sith don't believe that's Revan After the destruction of their empire won't let the republic in peace because this "false emperore" stay and will stay a sith.
Secondary Revan do not trust anyone.
And finaly The sith are in fact using the republic ! They are not really allied !

It's possible than Revan is posseded by Vitiate or Vitiate try to use Revan appareance, you Know Vitiate is a master of illusion and peharps he didn't die... They are many theories about this...
So at first the theroy of the reincarnation seam totaly... Wrong, because of Revan psychal resistance (it was say many time it was revan weakness but Know it have been prooved that the mental resistance is a point where Revan excel...) but if he still alive.. Why he don't take another body??
The theory is he use Revan body, some kind of clone (remeber starkiller) and with the connexion to Revan mind weaken in this clone (I believe the clone is not an empty shell) to control it But with his appareance it's more easy to him to take contrl of the Revanite more than on the empire... The war has been go down since his "death" the sith are more and more desogarnize each weak pass... He need something to regave intensity to the war !!!

It's only a theroy I'm not sure.. But the red eyes... Remeber someone where abusing of Revan Identity...
Revan is my favorite character, but you will be really sad to see a such person as me, wearing the name of your second favorite character behind Thrawn.

October 22, 2014, 01:43:43 PMReply #1

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
Re: The shadow of Revan Theory.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »
You may also notice that Revan has a completely different voice actor from when he appeared in earlier content in the game, such as the Foundry/ Maelstrom Prison flashpoint arcs. It's tough to say whether this was intentional foreshadowing on Bioware's part or whether or not it was just due to a staffing change, since they played a similar trick with the Dread Masters that was obviously intentional.

If you pay attention, you'll notice the Dread Masters had two distinct voice actors for each of them, one of them is used when they communicate telepathically with you, and the other is used when they speak in person, this foreshadows/implies that the Dread Masters were actually separate entities from the physical people that we killed in Dread Palace, which is basically confirmed by Calphayus in the conclusion of the Republic story arc, where he surrenders to you, confused and terrified, and talks about how they basically became a separate entity when they put on the masks, strongly implying that they had been possessed by much older entities.

Warning, MAJOR spoilers follow for two of the class story arcs in SWTOR

We know for a fact that Vitiate is not dead, the Jedi Knight kills the Emperor's Voice on Dromund Kaas, but a post chapter 3 quest with Kira and some of the other Children of the Emperor strongly implies that, while we killed his physical body, his spirit was not destroyed, just greatly weakened. Furthermore, the Emperor's Wrath receives a mail after the conclusion of their Chapter 3 story arc from the Emperor's Hand themselves that directly states the Emperor is not actually dead, and is instead recovering for his eventual return,  in a secret location, telling them to tell nobody of this.

Several of the post- class story story arcs have hints that they were engineered by Vitiate in order to distract the galaxy from him and keep them from digging further into the circumstances of his supposed death, particularly the Dread Masters, who are broken out of Belsavis prison by the Imperial PCs by the order of the Emperor himself, and yet later go rogue. Given that Vitiate has shown himself to be an insanely gifted chessmaster who plans for virtually any possible contingency, I doubt this is a coincidence.

Anyway, it's tough to say at this point, but I basically believe that either it really is Revan, twisted in some way, and possibly by the Emperor himself, or even the Emperor himself returned to life in the guise of Revan. This would play directly into his hands, since the Revanites were stated to believe that Revan had secretly overthrown the Emperor and ruled in his stead for many years, which would give him the authority to command them.

Regardless of which is true, though, Revan has clearly had a dramatic personality change since he last appeared, since he had basically been driven insane by 300 years of direct mental contact with an entity who can no longer be said to be a person, aka the Sith Emperor. That raises the question of whether or not what we are seeing now is Revan's true personality, recovered from insanity, or whether or not he has been driven deeper into madness by whatever happened to him after his supposed "death".
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:46:48 PM by Senza »

October 22, 2014, 03:52:05 PMReply #2

Offline Revan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Revan the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:52:05 PM »
Anyway, it's tough to say at this point, but I basically believe that either it really is Revan, twisted in some way, and possibly by the Emperor himself, or even the Emperor himself returned to life in the guise of Revan. This would play directly into his hands, since the Revanites were stated to believe that Revan had secretly overthrown the Emperor and ruled in his stead for many years, which would give him the authority to command them.

That's I want to mean...
Revan is my favorite character, but you will be really sad to see a such person as me, wearing the name of your second favorite character behind Thrawn.

October 22, 2014, 04:39:42 PMReply #3

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:39:42 PM »
I figured as much, I just wanted to sort of explain my logic as to why I thought what I did. What do you think about the fact that Revan has a different voice actor?

October 22, 2014, 06:02:43 PMReply #4

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 06:02:43 PM »
As long as he gets to regret what he's done in some way (for Republic players obviously) I don't care. Forgive me for sounding too much like a Jedi fanboy, but a legend like that deserves to go out a good guy, or at the very least the way Malak did on the LS ending.
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

October 23, 2014, 03:25:55 AMReply #5

Offline Revan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Revan the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 03:25:55 AM »
Good or bad guy? There is no good no bad in the eye of Revan I think, there is only what must be done.
Darth Revan wasn't only a guy mental controlled corrupted by Vitiate who was tenmpted to build his own empire... He don't seek power for his own glory. Remeber KotOR 2 (Before the publication of the novels...).
Revan is building his empire to detry the true sith empire, he take on the republic weaken by the war because it is much easier and he have already began is attack... He warn them, from the return of the sith, and he have a Plan B if he fail the republic will be able to counter attack the true sith empire because he keep the defense installation intact !
Revan have his OWN ideology, also.. and if I was him I will try to extend my influence.

November 11, 2014, 09:40:53 AMReply #6

Offline Revan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Revan the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 09:40:53 AM »

I'm chearching for this audio record about Revan and the foundry see by sith empire side with an imperail officer voice !!

November 11, 2014, 09:50:28 AMReply #7

Offline Revan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Revan the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 09:50:28 AM »

I found it I found It 3month of schearching 3 month of scearching !!!!
 :'( I'm crying bouhou snifff that's so wonderfull !!!!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!