Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Superlaser color  (Read 1802 times)

October 05, 2014, 10:30:08 AM

Ureidy

Superlaser color
« on: October 05, 2014, 10:30:08 AM »
Hello there !

I have been trying to create an alternate version of the Eclipse for the NR as part of an experiment (an uchronic GC in which the NR is taken over by dark side Luke after Operation Shadow Hand actually succeeds), so far everything is working well, I have created it as a buildable hero, changed the hardpoints and settings to make it fire red stuff, etc.

But I can't seem to work my way around the superlaser ability : although it is pretty easy to make the superlaser projectile red, I would also like to make the coaxial ones (those appearing along the hull before it fires) red, and I just keep failing to do that.

Is there a simple way to do it, rather than editing the eclipse_fire.ala file, which seems pretty darn impossible ? I couldn't find anything related in .xml files such as Particles and Lightning effects...

Thanks to everyone who could give me an answer and, of course, to the creators of that amazing mod  :)

October 05, 2014, 04:04:58 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Superlaser color
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
I've never touched this particular thing so I don't know the specific filenames offhand, but this is the general process of how to do it:

You'd have to first edit the texture sheet that the particle uses to change that from green to red. Save under a new name.
Second, edit the particle to use the red sheet instead of the green one and save it under a new name.
Third (since I think it's actually attached to the model, but not 100% sure), hexedit the .alo file to change the name from the green particle to the new red one, and save that under a new name.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!