Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Era-related build restrictions  (Read 2945 times)

September 06, 2014, 10:23:31 AM

Zangdar

Era-related build restrictions
« on: September 06, 2014, 10:23:31 AM »
Hello eveyone,

I am looking for a way to change some of the build restrictions due to eras in GC, especially with NR so that I can be at full strength at the same time as the IR.
I noticed the TechTree file in the xml folder and that there are different variants of the ships with a tech number ranging from 1 to 5 that matches their era availability, but adding manually one or several lines based on the same model did not work.
Since my non-existent abilities end here, I am asking for help ^^

Where are the files that I need to change and how can I change them please ? I would like it to be reversible so that I can have the best challenge in The Art of War or Essence of War, while still being able to go back to the normal settings so that I can play the historical GCs with the appopriate ships according to canon.

Any information would be most welcome, thanks  :)

September 06, 2014, 03:42:44 PMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Era-related build restrictions
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
The Techtree xml is actually just full of dummy entries used to populate the in-game tech tree page in the droid log (which I'm pretty sure is out of date anyhow).  Depending on what exactly you're trying to do you need to be editing either the tech level in the unit entries in the unit xmls (e.g. Remnant_Space_Units.xml etc), or the lock/unlock scripting in the GC story scripting files.  It may be that you need a combination of both to achieve what you want.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

September 07, 2014, 07:13:06 AMReply #2

Zangdar

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 07:13:06 AM »
Allright thanks, I managed to understand how the tech level translates into eras  :)

One question still : this allows to unlock late eras units in previous eras, but how do I do if I want to maintain the availability of early era units in the late eras ?
For example the MC80 is tech level 0, same as the corellian corvette for instance, which supposedly means available in eras 1 2 3 4 5. But the corvette remains available anytime whereas the MC80 is only available in eras 1 2. Where is the piece of code that determines that ? I couldn't find a relevant factor in the unit entries...

September 07, 2014, 08:00:34 AMReply #3

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 08:00:34 AM »
You don't need to have them build available as long as you have built them before and the ship wasn't destroyed you'll still have them.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

September 07, 2014, 09:23:43 AMReply #4

Offline Vulcanus

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 09:23:43 AM »
Allright thanks, I managed to understand how the tech level translates into eras  :)

One question still : this allows to unlock late eras units in previous eras, but how do I do if I want to maintain the availability of early era units in the late eras ?
For example the MC80 is tech level 0, same as the corellian corvette for instance, which supposedly means available in eras 1 2 3 4 5. But the corvette remains available anytime whereas the MC80 is only available in eras 1 2. Where is the piece of code that determines that ? I couldn't find a relevant factor in the unit entries...

As Slornie stated above, the campaign story script files are what you're looking for. The build restrictions are campaign-specific.
For Art of War: XML\Conquests\ArtofWar and edit StorySandbox files. To remove build restrictions, remove the relevant unit locks from the files.
For MC80:
   <Event Name="R_Lock_MC80">
      <Event_Type>STORY_TRIGGER</Event_Type>
      <Reward_Type>LOCK_UNIT</Reward_Type>
      <Reward_Param1>Calamari_Cruiser</Reward_Param1>
      <Prereq>Rebels_Enter_Tech_03</Prereq>
   </Event>

September 08, 2014, 12:40:25 PMReply #5

Zangdar

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
 Allright, thanks to all for the info =)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!