Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Star Trek Online  (Read 1984 times)

September 04, 2014, 08:47:08 PM

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Star Trek Online
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »
Forums have been somewhat quiet recently, so I thought I'd ask: does anyone here play STO?? I started a couple months ago, and am always looking for others to play with.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 04, 2014, 10:18:59 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek Online
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 10:18:59 PM »
I played for a little while, but found that many of the ships just weren't all that interesting.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

September 05, 2014, 03:32:45 AMReply #2

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:32:45 AM »
I played for a fair bit longer than I do most MMOs, but... it got to be too MMO-ish for me, with too many different powers and abilities that you have to constantly juggle.  I know that kind of thing is a draw for a lot of MMO players, but I've never been big on MMOs in no small part because of that gaming style.  I really enjoyed the space combat at the low levels, though, except for the 2d nature of it - but to this day, Bridge Commander remains the Star Trek spaceship simulator of choice for me.

September 05, 2014, 10:35:38 AMReply #3

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »
I played for a fair bit longer than I do most MMOs, but... it got to be too MMO-ish for me, with too many different powers and abilities that you have to constantly juggle.  I know that kind of thing is a draw for a lot of MMO players, but I've never been big on MMOs in no small part because of that gaming style.  I really enjoyed the space combat at the low levels, though, except for the 2d nature of it - but to this day, Bridge Commander remains the Star Trek spaceship simulator of choice for me.

I can see where that style of play does get old too.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!