Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Installing problems?  (Read 8174 times)

August 23, 2014, 05:37:50 PM

Phoenixrising

Installing problems?
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:37:50 PM »
My problem is I downloaded 2.1 for my gold pack from steam and have added the pathway through steam ( MODPATH=Mods\Imperial_Civil_War) however it just takes me to normal FOC. If it makes a difference I am on windows 8.1 cheers in advance.

August 24, 2014, 05:41:49 AMReply #1

Offline Vulcanus

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Installing problems?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 05:41:49 AM »
http://qnundrum.com/question/1000989

This worked for the guy in the previous thread, though he was using a retail version of the gold pack on windows 8.1.
Hope it helps.

August 24, 2014, 08:01:02 AMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:01:02 AM »
What's the pathway to get to your Imperial Civil War copy's data folder?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 24, 2015, 12:18:27 AMReply #3

Offline jarek56

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 12:18:27 AM »
What's the pathway to get to your Imperial Civil War copy's data folder?
I've had this similar issue. I finally managed to set the modpath up correctly, but when I load it up from steam, I get the armor with the fist and the game immediately crashes. What's the deal? I have windows 8.1, downloaded that vista and 7 thing for forces of corruption, and what have you.

Here's my copy data.

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War"
(I just made an extra shortcut on desktop for this thing to the data file)

The heck is going on?

March 24, 2015, 06:00:17 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 06:00:17 PM »
Can I get the exact error message? Does the base game work?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:07:00 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 24, 2015, 08:19:56 PMReply #5

Offline jarek56

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »
Can I get the exact error message? Does the base game work?
The base game works perfectly fine so far as I can see. Loads up no issues.

The exact message is

"A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will now close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

No other options besides Close Program are available, and no other text is available.

Before I hit that pop up, another pop up occurs where Windows tries to find a solution to a problem. A waiting bar appears, and the only option is again Close Program. It goes away, and then I get the program closed box.

I know to copy and post error messages, but it literally won't allow copy and pasting, and has no other information.

I've tried turning off my firewall to play, but that doesn't work. If I had to simply shut off the internet to play, that's cool, because I only play singleplayer anyway. Doesn't help though.

March 24, 2015, 08:24:55 PMReply #6

Offline jarek56

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:55 PM »
The base game works perfectly fine so far as I can see. Loads up no issues.

The exact message is

"A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will now close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

No other options besides Close Program are available, and no other text is available.

Before I hit that pop up, another pop up occurs where Windows tries to find a solution to a problem. A waiting bar appears, and the only option is again Close Program. It goes away, and then I get the program closed box.

I know to copy and post error messages, but it literally won't allow copy and pasting, and has no other information.

I've tried turning off my firewall to play, but that doesn't work. If I had to simply shut off the internet to play, that's cool, because I only play singleplayer anyway. Doesn't help though.

Played a round in skirmish space. Base game is perfectly fine, no screw ups. I've done the Republic of war mod before, but not on this computer.

March 25, 2015, 06:00:23 PMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 06:00:23 PM »
Have you tried changing the compatability mode?

March 25, 2015, 11:05:31 PMReply #8

Offline jarek56

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 11:05:31 PM »
Have you tried changing the compatability mode?
No I have not. How would you do this?

Thanks for taking the time to help me by the way. :D I deeply appreciate it.

March 26, 2015, 10:24:50 PMReply #9

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 10:24:50 PM »
Try going into

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption

And right click swfoc.exe, then troubleshoot compatability.

March 27, 2015, 10:24:30 PMReply #10

Offline jarek56

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 10:24:30 PM »
Try going into

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption

And right click swfoc.exe, then troubleshoot compatability.
Tried it and it did not work. :( Set it to XP service pack 3, wouldn't run at all. Set it to Windows 7, opened to armor with fist, then crashed. Set it to Windows 8, opened to armor with Fist, then crashed.

Base game continues to work under all changes. What in the proverbial hell is going on, and what did I do wrong?

March 28, 2015, 01:37:53 PMReply #11

Offline sithlorddahlia

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 01:37:53 PM »
Tried it and it did not work. :( Set it to XP service pack 3, wouldn't run at all. Set it to Windows 7, opened to armor with fist, then crashed. Set it to Windows 8, opened to armor with Fist, then crashed.

Base game continues to work under all changes. What in the proverbial hell is going on, and what did I do wrong?

Change the compatibility to Windows 2000? That was the only way I could get Vanilla, Foc, or Mods to work on Windows 7 Ultimate.

If that doesn't work, try to run in 640 x 480 screen resolution, disable visual themes, disable desktop composition, or run as administartor. These are all "fixes" that seemed to work when I had difficulty. Also, there is the "Ram fix" using this: http://pastebin.com/k6pau9zw

Hope any of these help.

March 30, 2015, 11:38:50 PMReply #12

Offline jarek56

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:50 PM »
Change the compatibility to Windows 2000? That was the only way I could get Vanilla, Foc, or Mods to work on Windows 7 Ultimate.

If that doesn't work, try to run in 640 x 480 screen resolution, disable visual themes, disable desktop composition, or run as administartor. These are all "fixes" that seemed to work when I had difficulty. Also, there is the "Ram fix" using this: http://pastebin.com/k6pau9zw

Hope any of these help.
Couldn't select windows 2000. Run as administrator didn't work outright. What does RAM fix do?

April 04, 2015, 10:31:30 AMReply #13

Offline jarek56

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 10:31:30 AM »

Hope any of these help.
I tried the RAM fix. It didn't work.

NOTHING FUCKING WORKS. What the HELL is WITH this mod!? Why does EVERYONE ESLE get this damn thing to work!?

April 04, 2015, 11:18:52 AMReply #14

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »
It's nothing with the mod. Everyone else gets it to work because the problem is something on your end, and we're trying to figure out what that is.

You said you've tried other mods, but not on this computer. Try another mod, but on this computer. Also try resinstalling.

April 08, 2015, 11:01:54 AMReply #15

Offline jarek56

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 11:01:54 AM »
It's nothing with the mod. Everyone else gets it to work because the problem is something on your end, and we're trying to figure out what that is.

You said you've tried other mods, but not on this computer. Try another mod, but on this computer. Also try resinstalling.
Please excuse my profanity and frustration. That was childish of me and inappropriate. You all have been more than kind enough in walking me through the process of troubleshooting and I owe you at the LEAST good manners.

As luck would have it, I tried reinstalling the base game a few days before your post and...yeah works perfectly now. I literally do not understand WHY this is, but hey, the black witchcraft work, and the mod makes me cry salty tears of manly joy now.

Finally. Star Destroyers that EARN that title. I giggle maniacally to myself while playing, it's so beautiful. Thanks Corey, you've been a real help. And everyone else who's answered me here.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!